Super Nintendo games are coming to Nintendo Switch Online

hg3Ti95.png

One of the biggest reveals from today's Nintendo Direct was that after much wishing and hoping, Nintendo has finally decided to add Super Nintendo games to the catalog of titles available for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers. 20 new games will be available when they launch tomorrow, September 5th. The rewind function will also be a launch feature.

• Brawl Brothers
  • Breath of Fire
  • F-ZERO
  • Kirby Dream Course
  • Pilotwings
  • Stunt Race FX
  • Super Ghouls and Ghosts
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Soccer
  • Legand of Zelda Link to the Past
  • Super Tennis
  • Super Puyo Puyo 2
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super EDF
  • Star Fox
  • Kirby's Dream Land 3
  • Joe & Mac
  • Demon's Crest

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, Nintendo Switch Online should be FREE! Paying to play online is crap; it was always free before! This is Kimishima's fault. While the pricing is relatively cheap, it still shouldn't exist. I propose that Online Play be made free, while the extra perks (Cloud Storage, playing Virtual Console titles, etc.) you have to pay for per month/year. It would be better than the way it is now.

Secondly, it's about dang time they added Super NES to the line-up. They should have had it already, as well as N64, Wii, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, and maybe finally some GameCube titles. I'd also like to see if sometime after they officially cut services for the Wii U and 3DS if games for those platforms will also appear on the Switch.

If they ever implement these changes, I would be more likely to get a Switch. If they implement a way to support older hardware like Wii Remotes, I'd be even more likely to get one.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
it's already the 5th here and I looked around all over the eShop (and also in the NES app as suggested above), couldn't find traces of the SNES games.
I assume it'll be available later today?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First off, Nintendo Switch Online should be FREE! Paying to play online is crap; it was always free before! This is Kimishima's fault. While the pricing is relatively cheap, it still shouldn't exist. I propose that Online Play be made free, while the extra perks (Cloud Storage, playing Virtual Console titles, etc.) you have to pay for per month/year. It would be better than the way it is now.

Secondly, it's about dang time they added Super NES to the line-up. They should have had it already, as well as N64, Wii, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, and maybe finally some GameCube titles. I'd also like to see if sometime after they officially cut services for the Wii U and 3DS if games for those platforms will also appear on the Switch.

If they ever implement these changes, I would be more likely to get a Switch. If they implement a way to support older hardware like Wii Remotes, I'd be even more likely to get one.
lol there's just so much here.

i think the part that makes me laugh the most is the whole "i'd like to see wii u games on the switch" thing. like man have you even been paying attention, 90% of the Wii U's good games have either had a port or sequel lol.
it's already the 5th here and I looked around all over the eShop (and also in the NES app as suggested above), couldn't find traces of the SNES games.
i'd say give it 12 hours or so, it's usually around midday things get added normally.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

not sure when they upload new games, 'cause here in the states, final fantasy viii was released at midnight on the day of while grandia collection was released at like noon on the day of. I got both games, and I remember looking for grandia collection multiple times before it appeared.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hooe gameboy games happens too sometime with linking but seeing as online is still pretty basic I doubt theyd out in that much work.
GGPO style would be highly effective much like how retroarch does it in their own way.
Stunt Race FX is nice to see finally, plus more than two games.
Curious what games Japan gets but wish they'd make it a tad easier to get the Japan version seeing as it really wrecks the news channel. Or I coukd just stop caring about it.
I wont hold my breaty but the mouse and suoer scope games would be a nice treat.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah no 5.0 (Banjo) update for SSBU yet either, but it's usually pretty late in the US when this type of stuff goes live.

Sinael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry for being a noob, but I've never tried connecting my switch online (cuz it's on cfw) Is there any way to use this with cfw? or should i just stick with emulators?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for being a noob, but I've never tried connecting my switch online (cuz it's on cfw) Is there any way to use this with cfw? or should i just stick with emulators?

maybe if the nand is clean and you used all hacks on emunand, 'cause if it's like the nes games, the system will phone home weekly.

D

Deleted User

Pretty solid lineup just to start with, but it'll never win without that sweet, sweet blast processing B-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1