Super Nintendo games are coming to Nintendo Switch Online

hg3Ti95.png

One of the biggest reveals from today's Nintendo Direct was that after much wishing and hoping, Nintendo has finally decided to add Super Nintendo games to the catalog of titles available for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers. 20 new games will be available when they launch tomorrow, September 5th. The rewind function will also be a launch feature.

• Brawl Brothers
  • Breath of Fire
  • F-ZERO
  • Kirby Dream Course
  • Pilotwings
  • Stunt Race FX
  • Super Ghouls and Ghosts
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Soccer
  • Legand of Zelda Link to the Past
  • Super Tennis
  • Super Puyo Puyo 2
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super EDF
  • Star Fox
  • Kirby's Dream Land 3
  • Joe & Mac
  • Demon's Crest

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can play both NES and SNES app with one other person online, its up to you if you want to risk a ban while running CFW though.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all the rumors about Nintendo having IP problems and stopping the game updates I find it weird they ignored plenty of their own game library.
I'd guess they are looking into ways to put extra fees on additional games or something.
I find it fishy if they say it's too difficult. We all know they grab a nointro rom and a box art then just toss it in.
Makes their serviceblook bad if they can't evenbjustify a monthly tiny rom drop but it hasn't been a month yet so we'll see.
I'd prefer weekly but eh it's Ninty lucky we get anything at all after they get bored with something.

Still better translation than BOF2 lol
True
Though would be nice if they actually add the game one day I guess. something better than nothing.

Any more wishes or fever fantasies?
Bit rude no? Thanks for reading my dumb ramblings though. I usually try to condense those down to be more readable but guess I missed it.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all the rumors about Nintendo having IP problems and stopping the game updates I find it weird they ignored plenty of their own game library.
I'd guess they are looking into ways to put extra fees on additional games or something.
I find it fishy if they say it's too difficult. We all know they grab a nointro rom and a box art then just toss it in.
Makes their serviceblook bad if they can't evenbjustify a monthly tiny rom drop but it hasn't been a month yet so we'll see.
I'd prefer weekly but eh it's Ninty lucky we get anything at all after they get bored with something.

True
Though would be nice if they actually add the game one day I guess. something better than nothing.

Bit rude no? Thanks for reading my dumb ramblings though. I usually try to condense those down to be more readable but guess I missed it.

Really though, it's up to Capcom, and same with Square Enix to release their games. It's a good start though.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude I have to be on the autism spectrum somewhere. I have (legal and pirated) Super Mario World on like 5 different systems ranging from OG hardware, the GBA re-release, and a raspberry Pi. But where do I want to play it? The Nintendo Switch. Why. Why am I like this.

Reactions: Elfeckin and banjo2

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dude I have to be on the autism spectrum somewhere. I have (legal and pirated) Super Mario World on like 5 different systems ranging from OG hardware, the GBA re-release, and a raspberry Pi. But where do I want to play it? The Nintendo Switch. Why. Why am I like this.
Make a new years resolution never to even look at tht game again:D

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yay! I'm downloading both Japan and North America, because why the heck not! Also, isn't this a way of Nintendo saying "Here's your SNES games you were asking for so long! Now please stop downloading our ROMs!"?
Dont be to greedy having to many games at once can make the brain think shit what game do I play first :D

Reactions: Elfeckin

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP

i only own consoles which can run Super Mario World... hacked or non-hacked

Reactions: BORTZ

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I'd rather see more Square Enix games on NSO.
Oh definitely. It's difficult to call it a collection of true SNES classics without the Square Enix titles. Really hoping to finally see worldwide Terranigma distribution too. The full unofficial trilogy with that, Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia would be fantastic.

Reactions: Elfeckin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs