Hacking super n00b with an acekard2i

thefizz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hate to go and post a topic about how stupid I am. But I have to do it.
I have read through the stickies, and I don't know if there is something I'm over looking or if I'm just an airhead.
This is the first time I have ever used one of these, the most complex thing I have ever used in the past was an action replay and my friend gave it to me already set up with codes.

So, in baby-retard terms...
Can someone help me put some codes onto my Acekard 2i?
How do I activate these codes and use them for my pokemon platinum? In others words, do i like turn the codes on then replace the acekard with pokemon plat?
I guess my main goal would be to use action replay codes, and pokesav perhaps on my pokemon platinum.
I think I can handle downloading ROMs and stuff later, but I really got this thing to use AR codes on my DSi.

I know you guys must get a million posts like this, and will probably ignore me, but I would really appreciate the help.

I have downloaded and installed

AKAIO v1.4.1 PROPER *Repack* 05/04/09

Thank you in advance.

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you talking about the Nitrohax app because as far as I know it doesnt work on the DSi.
hate2.gif

thefizz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basically i just want to use codes with my pokemon platinum, but i really don't know how to go about it.

i have yet to download any apps, but i have tried to download cheats but i haven't been able to access them.

Does this only work with ROMs? maybe that is my problem, i want to use codes for the actual game cartridge.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Download the latest cheat file here.

Extract it and copy the file to the /__aio/cheats folder. Replace the old one that's already there.

Boot up AKAIO like normal, highlight the game you want and hit the Y button. Tap on the CHEATS button.

Choose the cheats you want then press SELECT.

Run the game.

EDIT: I just read your post again. You can't use the AK2i for cheats with your retail version of Platinum. The whole purpose of the AK2i is to be able to run ROM backups of your games. The cheats only work for ROMs, not the retail carts. You'd have to get the ROM version of Platinum or just buy an actual AR cart or something but I heard those were banned by Nintendo.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Action Replays, and other cheat code items (as well as 99% of flashcarts) do not work on the DSi. There is no way to cheat with retail games on the DSi at this moment.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is however some homebrew that can transfer save files from original to flash cart, and back from flash cart to original. so u could cheat using the rom. I forget what the homebrew was called it started with a e, and it reminds me of eeprom... its way too long for me to remember.

Edit:eepinator maybe...?

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wifi depends on the flashcart and stuff... I think Platinum will will work with wifi on ak2i. You can find a rom on the net, almost all are the same. Or you can transfer it from your ds (wifi) to pc with NDS Backup Tool Wifi .. although it is slow. just google ds roms.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thefizz and wtfisausername:

It is against forum rules to ask for or provide information on where to get ROMs. I'd suggest editing your posts to avoid being banned.

QUOTE said:
* We DO NOT HOST or PROVIDE ROMs/WADs/ISOs; or link to websites that do contain ROMs/WADs/ISOs.
* Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, and ISO files.
* Members may also NOT mention torrent or warez-containing sites or channels by name or otherwise.
* We do not condone piracy in any way.
* Please go elsewhere if you only wish to download or share illegal files. The GBAtemp Forums are for discussion ONLY.

thefizz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate all the help guys, but it seems a bit more...

i downloaded some ROMs, and I have formatted my SD, all that jazz.

But when i try to load a ROM, i can't get past the loading screen. any suggestions?

thefizz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zero383 said:
Did you read the Wiki?

yeah, i read through all the stickies. i just dont know the problem.

EDIT:: I reformatted my SD and downloaded some dummy kit from another site with a few homebrews and games and everything worked.
thank you everyone!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: