Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD revealed by SEGA

Just as the Taiwanese Ratings Board prophesized, a new Super Monkey Ball game has been announced. SEGA will be remaking the 2006 Nintendo Wii game Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, with new graphics, a revamped control scheme, extra mini-games, and online leaderboards. The game will be releasing on October 29th for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch, while a PC version is slated for release later that winter.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love the Monkey Ball games, but why did they have to remake Banana Blitz? I only ever tried the Wii version and it was near unplayable due to the forced motion controls.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just as the Taiwanese Ratings Board prophesized, a new Super Monkey Ball game has been announced. SEGA will be remaking the 2006 Nintendo Wii game Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, with new graphics, a revamped control scheme, extra mini-games, and online leaderboards. The game will be releasing on October 29th for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch, while a PC version is slated for release later that winter.

Ah, this sucks, I wanted a new game, not a rerelease of the wii one (though it had a good story mode (progression not story lol)).

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Shit. Looking for Super Mario Galaxy port or even remake. That'll never happen though.

I'm hope I'm wrong.
If they package Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 together like they did with Mario and Luigi Deluxe, I'd buy it. But each game being ported separately and being $60 wouldn't be cool.

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I remember playing monkey ball 2 for the first time, a friend invited a load of us over for the weekend. On the friday we played monkey target and he was thrashing our scores, me and another guy stayed up all night playing and learning all the magnets and bonuses. By the next day our scores were ten times higher and we were untouchable. The guy who invited us over was not pleased :-)

That was also when I discovered that wavebirds sucked for latency.

Man, I still have a wavebird. The one thing I will say is the chunky middle makes them not nearly as comfy as the original GC controller, especially when you have long fingers. Oh, and they tend to drop input if absolutely anything is in the way.

If they package Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 together like they did with Mario and Luigi Deluxe, I'd buy it. But each game being ported separately and being $60 wouldn't be cool.

I'd normally say I'd buy it , but frankly Dolphin and a real WiiMote at 21:9 is just way better than an actual Wii (or Switch), you know? I'd still probably bite, but I'm not sure how star bits would be collected in portable mode. Touchscreen?

Though they should port 3D World from the WiiU. The WiiU is dead, and all the games for it need to evacuate to a more safe place.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Man, I still have a wavebird. The one thing I will say is the chunky middle makes them not nearly as comfy as the original GC controller, especially when you have long fingers. Oh, and they tend to drop input if absolutely anything is in the way.

I'd normally say I'd buy it , but frankly Dolphin and a real WiiMote at 21:9 is just way better than an actual Wii (or Switch), you know? I'd still probably bite, but I'm not sure how star bits would be collected in portable mode. Touchscreen?.
This would be where motion controls would come in, and the right joy-con has an infrared camera on it.

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
This would be where motion controls would come in, and the right joy-con has an infrared camera on it.

Okay, first - the infrared is on the bottom of the controller. I would have to hold the joycons in the wrong hands and upside down. Second, that would require a wireless sensor bar. Third, that would bar the Switch lite from being able to play it, and for Nintendo that's impossible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: