Super Metroid HELP

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Linkiboy, Aug 25, 2007.

Aug 25, 2007

Super Metroid HELP by Linkiboy at 7:27 PM (1,228 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Linkiboy
    OP

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
  2. leonheart_a

Member leonheart_a GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    sorry but i dont know my self but have you gone to gamefaqs? they might have a walkthrough that could help you

3. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    Theres a Dash button, hold the dash button while running across the crumbling floor.

4. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    Not to sure where you are. But it looks like you just got done beating the boss that gave you Super Missiles. If I remember right you need a different hand cannon (Wave?) to blast that door open. Start exploring for Green doors around the game. To find the next step. As for the last screen shot hold the dash button and run. IF you can't make it you need some boots to run faster. (lol my S.Metroid knowledge sucks now)

If this is your first time playing Super Metroid (Metroid in general) be prepared to run into dead ends and back track. I'd stay away from FAQs cause it takes half the fun/frustration of the game if you use them. Anyways enjoy this classic game.

5. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    Last time I played it was a long, long time ago.....but I am pretty sure you have to unlock a super dash move that gives you the ability to charge and dash forward extremely fast and destroy anything in between.
    Don't ask me where to get that ability though, I can barely remember it exists !!!
    Just check a FAQ, you'll find how and where to get it.
    Hope it helps.

6. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Dash boots for the hole in the floor bit. Basically you need to find those, then hold the dash button for that function and run like hell and you won't fall in. I got no clue where the boots are as it's been over 10 years since I bothered.

The other gate you guessed right, it's one way. That glass box above the door you shoot and it opens up so ya go to go around and that's simple as that.

7. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    The boots you are talking about are the Speed Booster item which is aquired much later in the game. For that part with the crumbling blocks all he needs to do is hold the dash button.

8. Linkiboy
    OP

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Well which button is the dash button on the VC controller? I'm mashing everything and nothing is happening :\

9. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    I don't know which button it is by default (I think B), but you can asign the buttons in the settings menu or at least look them up.

10. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    just check in the option screen. But I think its the A button. Unless I switched around my button config making Y shoot, B jump and A dash. Don't "mash" you need to hold the button to make it across.

[​IMG]