Hacking Super Memory Stick

MadHouse38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So a friend offered me Super Memory Stick.
Can i download roms to it and just plug into my GBA SP and play games?
I mean,can i use it as a flasher?

Thanks in advance

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're going to have to link us to a product description. I do not have any idea what a Super Memory Stick is, but chances are, it's not a proper GBA flash cart. It sounds like one of those things that backs up your save files for you.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay thanks for the reply.

So it means even if i get fake games or game boy games,i can save it on that thingy?
Gij trol. Did a google for you on what the product is. For those of you who don't know: it's a memory stick for the GBA which is capable of booting on the GBA (my guess is via the link code) and then saving the save file of a cart that is inserted onto it's own memory.

So in short: You can save on the thing, but you cannot SAVE on the thing. The actual game save HAS to go to a cartridge before this thing can copy it.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I used to use a stick like this one in conjunction with my XG Flash 128mbit when the save battery started dying on me. With it I would finish playing a ROM off of the XG Flash, turn the system off then immediately on (with the memory stick in while holding Start & Select to get to the memory stick's menu), and I'd be able to back up the save before it was lost. Then, when I was starting again, I'd boot up the memory stick's menu, transfer the save back to the cart and continue playing.

Eventually I just bought a better flash cart. :/

EDIT:
Apparently mine is a super Memory Stick.

Here's a photo where I still have some of the saves backed up:
IMG_2883.jpg

XGBootLoader is the name of the save file it creates, but it works.

Sadly, my XG Flash doesn't seem to want to work anymore. Ah well. It was a shitty cart and I have a lot of fun with it.

For those who are interested, this is what mine looks like:
IMG_2884.jpg

It's old and the writing is long worn away.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1