Super Meat Boy coming to Switch January 11th with new mode.

Super Meat Boy.jpg
The developers of the iconic indie darling, Super Meat Boy, have just taken to Twitter to announce the release date for the Switch port of their tough-as-nails platformer, as well as to tease a new mode that comes with it. This new feature is something they're calling 'Race Mode', and it appears to be exactly what one would imagine; a split-screen, competitive, multiplayer mode where two players race to complete the game's levels side by side. It's unknown at this time whether or not there will be any new levels specifically designed for this mode, or if the mode simply applies to the single-player content already available in the game.

:arrow:Source

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've already played this game a lot, but Race Mode looks like it's worth checking out. The game is extremely hard even when you're not trying to race someone, so it's sure to get frantic, and could be lots of fun.

Reactions: ATofix and T-hug

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
*looks at PC*... yep i have it on it.
*looks at PS4*... yep i have it on it.
*looks at Vita*.... yep i have it on it.
*looks at switch*.... the wallet starts crying

Last edited by Flame,

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This would be great if it were a sequel..

Super Meat Boy Forever will release on Switch before all other platforms, though. I wouldn't really call it a sequel (a spin-off maybe), but it's not like Super Meat Boy on Switch is just an alibi release to pretend support for the console.

Last edited by Axido,
Reactions: Xzi

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Super Meat Boy Forever will release on Switch before all other platforms, though. I wouldn't really call it a sequel (a spin-off maybe), but it's not like Super Meat Boy on Switch is just an alibi release.

Right, but does it offer more than a new mode?

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played through it on my PC and Vita and playing it on the go is really making this game even better (I only managed to get the guy on my Vita).
The problem is the horrible OST they had to produce because they somehow pissed Danny Baranowsky off that much that he decided to never license his amazing soundtrack ever again for new ports that will be released of this game / write the OST for games Team Meat or Edmund McMillen will (ever) produce.
So unless the switch is blown open with plutoo's kernel exploit unveiled Dezember 28th this game will be a lot less enjoyable and the experience of playing this game is ruined on any platform it is available on except Windows, Linux and Mac.

Last edited by Wuigi,

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get the people that are either 1. complaining about buying it again or 2. complaining that it's "not a new game". If you have a problem with it being released on a new console, and you don't care about the new stuff, simply skip on it. For those yelling that it's "not a new game", so what? No one's forcing you to buy it. Personally I think this is cool and caters pretty well to those that haven't bought it already, or are interested in the new features.

Reactions: Xzi and DarthDub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...