Super Mario rpg?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Anti, Jan 16, 2008.

Jan 16, 2008

Super Mario rpg? by Anti at 9:41 PM (1,192 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Anti
    OP

Member Anti GBAtemp Regular

United States
    IS it possible? are they working on it? Its probably the best game for snes in my opinion.

2. noONE

Member noONE ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweden
    I hope it will be possible as well, but i doubt it.
    i don't think they can emulate the Chip that was in the original cartridge so well on the DS. but i hope they will make it possible, maybe by using a RAM pak that it extracts a patch/program that emulates the chip, every time you start that game.. but i don't know..

3. Anti
    OP

Member Anti GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is it possible to get a copy of super mario rpg and rip out the chip and copy the data into a playable file?

4. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It is possible, it'll just be a very long, painstaking task. Any chip for the SNES games can be emulated really, it's just that the developers of these emulators don't want to have to deal with the hassle, so they just say "it's impossible" and leave it at that, making people think it's not possible.

5. noONE

Member noONE ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweden
    Yeah , I figured it had to do something about that too.. but I wasn't sure, but yeah, if they put enough work into it, i'm sure they could accomplish something like that on the DS.
    but as you said, it would be quite a hassle for just one game, but thats, one REALLY good game.. ( or is it the same chip as in other games? like Mode 7 style games-DKC series , starfox and such? , super FX chip, right?)

6. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
  7. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    More than one game uses the SA-1 chip. Others include Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Kirby Super Star. See http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SNES_games_with_special_chips for a more complete listing.

EDIT: The DKC games do not use any coprocessor chips, and so they are able to be emulated in SNEmulDS. Personally I think they're some of the most playable SNES games on the DS, but that's just my opinion.