Super Mario Party won't be playable in handheld mode

If you were hoping to play Super Mario Party on your Nintendo Switch while on the go, or with a Switch Pro Controller, then you might have to put those plans on hold. The game just got its official website, and it specifies that players won't be able to experience the game in handheld mode at all--only TV or tabletop. This is due to the fact that the minigames require motion controls from the Joy-Cons. This also rules out using the Joy-Con grip, as well. Super Mario Party will launch on October 5th.

IMG_1590.jpg

:arrow: Source

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um... you can play in table-top mode. I don't see what the big deal is that people are being dramatic about this. Just disconnect your fucking joycons and you can still play on the tablet.

Reactions: Lucifer666

Redfire389

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is the point of having a portable console then? All the best Mario party were played with a joystick anyway.

Anyway this clears all my hope of a good Mario Party if it's just gonna be motion controls nonstop.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I like being punched in the face, so it's no big deal.

Edit: Seems like I didn't understand correctly. What is tabletop mode again?

Last edited by Bimmel,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you were hoping to play Super Mario Party on your Nintendo Switch while on the go, or with a Switch Pro Controller, then you might have to put those plans on hold. The game just got its official website, and it specifies that players won't be able to experience the game in handheld mode at all--only TV or tabletop. This is due to the fact that the minigames require motion controls from the Joy-Cons. This also rules out using the Joy-Con grip, as well. Super Mario Party will launch on October 5th.

:arrow: Source

well that was kinda expected seeing the game only supports single joy-con

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makes sense. I just hope they don't try to fit motion controls everywhere, even when it doesn't fit. Mario Party 8 had some pretty ridiculous minigames where you basically used the Wiimote as a joystick, or worse, you had to twist it like a key to move, and they weren't fun.
I would say 8 Had the worst mini games in the main series yet

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Thats fine because I do not care about this sequels at all. Dont find those exciting games to me at all.
That's alright. These Mario Party games are naturally best played in 2-4 groups of people than singular which kind of takes away the fun of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That sounds really cool
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.
    I mean. All I ask was for people to see if ONE, SINGLE website is working properly in edge. 1000 people see it but cant be bothered at all
    Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes unchecked is crazy. No where else do I see this shit towards me and others. Not even on reddit have I been talked to like I have here by other members
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really learned not to give a fuck what others do online it's helped ease my mind try it sometime.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really learned not to give a fuck what others do online it's helped ease my mind try it sometime.