Gaming Super Mario Party has no online mode confirmed yet

Will you pick up Super Mario Party?

• Yes, of course!

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Yes, if there's online.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Yes, if I ever find a friend in real life to play it with.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • No, I hate Mario Party.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Mario Party isn't relevant anymore.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • No, I've never liked Mario Party.

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, Super Mario Party was announced with a whole bunch of local play features. There was no online announcement, which I would think would be front and center, as it's been on the top of fans' wishlists for years now, since before Mario Party 8. This is probably a sign that there is no online mode, although one could be revealed later.

Despite the gameplay looking like a return to form, are you going to pick it up without the online? Do you even care about Mario Party?

Reactions: chartube12

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed, yet saying "Although one could be revealed later." So, it's not confirmed.

But, being serious, idk man, Mario Party games have always gotten piss poor reviews like..for the last decade or so, so..at this point, I don't know if much people care anymore.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed, yet saying "Although one could be revealed later." So, it's not confirmed.
One hasn't been confirmed. That's what I meant.

Could I get a mod in here to change the title to "confirmed yet." please? This is going to cause a lot of confusion and I'm a failure.

Last edited by Darth Meteos,

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One hasn't been confirmed. That's what I meant.

Could I get a mod in here to change the title to "confirmed yet." please? This is going to cause a lot of confusion and I'm a failure.

Yeah, ya legit make me think was confirmed. :( I hope it does have online, though.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, Super Mario Party was announced with a whole bunch of local play features. There was no online announcement, which I would think would be front and center, as it's been on the top of fans' wishlists for years now, since before Mario Party 8. This is probably a sign that there is no online mode, although one could be revealed later.

Despite the gameplay looking like a return to form, are you going to pick it up without the online? Do you even care about Mario Party?
it looks better than 10 so its a pick up

Reactions: pandavova

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

But, being serious, idk man, Mario Party games have always gotten piss poor reviews like..for the last decade or so, so..at this point, I don't know if much people care anymore.
who cares about reviews? Half the time they rate games based on agenda, not considering the audience, or based on adverting $$.

Last edited by kevin corms,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who cares about reviews? Half the time they rate games based on agenda, not considering the audience, or based on adverting $$.
yeah 9 and 10 had the highest review scores somehow

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There has to be online. If not that's a big fat L.
I would bet you that theres not seeing that theres minigames involving multiple switch consoles

SpongeFreak52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't act like 95% of online games wouldn't end with someone rage-quitting. It's also a huge time commitment for everyone involved, so I'm not surprised if it's a couch multiplayer-only deal. That with individual character movement is how Mario Party should have always been.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rather it have online, but doesn't really matter anymore sense it would probably be behind a pay wall. If it is good, I'll might get it to play with others.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't act like 95% of online games wouldn't end with someone rage-quitting.
This isn't an issue. If someone disconnects, they get a heavier penalty than if they played the game out and lost. Add a surrender button, that solves it.
It's also a huge time commitment for everyone involved, so I'm not surprised if it's a couch multiplayer-only deal.
As someone who plays many different RTS games online... You think time commitment is an issue?
Even if you were right, why not an online mode with no matchmaking, invite only? Then you could make friends to play with on Reddit or something. It'd just make the matchmaking more complicated, but at least then you'd have to interface with people like they clearly want you to.

Last edited by Darth Meteos,
Reactions: FierceDeityLinkMask

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't an issue. If someone disconnects, they get a heavier penalty than if they played the game out and lost. Add a surrender button, that solves it.

As someone who plays many different RTS games online... You think time commitment is an issue?
Even if you were right, why not an online mode with no matchmaking, invite only? Then you could make friends to play with on Reddit or something. It'd just make the matchmaking more complicated, but at least then you'd have to interface with people like they clearly want you to.
I love Nintendo games but some people will defend anything. I really hope there is some online but if it doesn't come then it's whatever. Just won't buy the game.

Reactions: Darth Meteos

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love Nintendo games but some people will defend anything. I really hope there is some online but if it doesn't come then it's whatever. Just won't buy the game.
There's really no excuse at this point. Every review of Mario Party 10 was some variant of "why isn't there online multiplayer in a basically multiplayer-only game in 2015?"

Reactions: FierceDeityLinkMask

VoDkAvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matchmaking would be a disaster. I just want to be able to play with each person on their own console through online.

Or you know, my friends & family from out of town now can drive a few hours just to have a local Mario Party party. If it doesn't have online ill only end up playing it 2-3 times and that's if when everyone's in the same ace doesn't wanna play something else or even play games at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.