'Super Mario Party' gets online game modes with new, free update

mario party.jpg

Super Mario Party, which launched in 2018 on the Nintendo Switch, got a new update today! The last update, which included data fixes, was launched back in 2019 but the next one that comes nearly 2 years later brings more content to the game. Version 1.1.0, which released today, adds the following new modes to the game via the free update:
  • Mario Party
  • Partner Party
  • Free Play (Minigames)

These new additions are however accessible online only through a subscription to the paid Nintendo Switch Online service. Irrespective of your in-game progress, playing online will make all of the 20 characters and all maps available while 70 of the total 80 minigames will be available to play. In addition, when playing online, play data won’t be saved.

If you haven't played Super Mario Party yet, you can check out our official review linked below where the game scored an 8.2/10.

:arrow: Super Mario Party Official GBAtemp Review
:arrow: SOURCE

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A welcome update, even if incredibly late. Guess it goes to show that you never know when Nintendo is truly done with a game.

Hell, it may be years late, but I'd totally buy new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC in a heartbeat if they randomly announced it was happening.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't even care that it took them 3 years, I'm just happy they finally did it. That's awesome. I barely play Super Mario Party but now I have a reason to play it more.
This garbage still lacks the ability to skip repeated tutorials and only has a handful of maps, doesn't it?

Eh, if you're into the luck-based, skill-less, rage-inducing Party series, just stick with the first few games - from what I hear, anyway.
They all have only a handful of maps, the issue is how small they are.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
According to Famitsu, it's the 9th bestselling Switch game
It was also the 12th bestselling game during a period of April, if I'm understanding this correctly
are those numbers for that week the sales worldwide or only in japan

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this is good news, online in a Mario party game has been long overdue. This update should've been released in March of 2020 when COVID-19 was first getting started. Still glad there is an online mode though

Reactions: Noctosphere

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night