Super Mario Maker is deleting my offline levels

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by KyoLikesTrees, Jun 1, 2019.

1. KyoLikesTrees
    OP

KyoLikesTrees Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2018
    Austria
    Since some time if I go to coursebot it will always tell me that some levels have been deleted because their data was invalid. Now it even deleted the level I was creating and wanted to save. (But I backed up an older version of it with homebrew so I guess it's okay)
    Does that mean my Wii U harddrive is failing? Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? What would you recommend me to do in case it's really failing?

A big problem is that I created some levels today which as of now still exist on the WiiU (I believe) so I might make a backup again to save those. But that backup won't contain the level that I lost today. Is there a save manager for SMM or is there any way to put the level data together?

Anyways I guess I'm gonna buy a usb drive and save the data on that in the future...

2. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    you just answered your own question.use an usb ,format on wii u and use the memory management to move the saves in settings.don't now why it's doing that normally if internal hdd is full it will say it can't save.i never heard the wii u internal storage failing so move some stuff to usb

3. KyoLikesTrees
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2018
    Austria
    Yes but I was asking if I can recover stuff from backups. Anyways I'll try to figure that out myself.

4. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    just put the backup back it should work that's what backups are fore

5. KyoLikesTrees
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2018
    Austria
    Yes but the backup doesn't contain everything I had ... Well I'll try to upload them and then download them, seems the only option here.

6. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    My friends black wii u has a failing NAND. When the nand fails, thats it.