1. UltraDolphinRevolution

UltraDolphinRevolution GBAtemp Maniac

China
    And even those that don´t are often very different from the final product. Take Smash Wii U, for instance. If you can´t download the DLC...

2. jt_1258

jt_1258 Ella

United States
    I'd say that's more so being able to download the updates as a whole considering the dlc just acts as a key and everyone gets the data for the dlc regardless for wireless multiplayer purposes...but I guess that reinforces the point given the various balance patches overtime.

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    That sucks. I know Super Mario Maker 2 is pretty much better in every way, but it patched a lot of "exploits" people were using to make interesting stages in the original. Additionally, there is no way to port over stages you created in the original to the sequel, short of manually recreating them from scratch (and a lot of them simply aren't possible in 2, thanks to abusing certain quirks that only exist in the original)
    That means a lot of great stages are going to be lost forever.

I am surprised they would shut down the online services for a specific game, rather than just shutting down Nintendo Network altogether, which I think most of us expect they are going to do within a couple of years anyway. I guess Mario Maker is one of the few Nintendo games that are not P2P (since hosting all those stages takes server space and bandwidth), and there are just not enough active players to justify keeping all of that up. Still...

Would've been nice if Nintendo leveraged the NNID linkage to My Nintendo to allow people to transfer their uploaded stages over to 2.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Chewy_Cooking

Chewy_Cooking Newbie
    Newcomer

Colombia
    I wonder, does this apply to Splatoon too?

5. jt_1258

jt_1258 Ella

United States
    clearly space isn't a concern to them. that's the odd part considering the levels will remain online and downloadable after march 31st when they disable uploading and the book mark page and stuff go down making it just super mario player

The Real Jdbye likes this.
  6. UltraDolphinRevolution

UltraDolphinRevolution GBAtemp Maniac

China
    Downloadable when uploading is disabled? What do you mean?

7. Kolina2901

Kolina2901 Member
    Newcomer

Barbados
    Seems like a good time to ask, does hacking a Wii U still require a DS Game? Cause if the Eshop goes offline for the Wii U then that's gonna be a rough time.

8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    no, indexiine exists. I just know of its existence (have no experience with it), but afaik, cbhc is still the only way to coldboot into cfw.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I don't think it's possible to load indexiine at boot up (it's a hack to the browser), and I don't believe applets are usable at boot unlike games or the home menu.

9. Kolina2901

Kolina2901 Member
    Newcomer

Barbados
    I use a PS3 and that doesn't have any coldbooting as far as I'm aware, so that requires the browser as well, so I don't mind if it's not possible to coldboot, just being able to hack the Wii U period even after online shutdown is best.

10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    then, yes, it's possible. don't worry.

11. HarvHouHacker

HarvHouHacker Owner of Rock Band Customs (Wii/vWii/Dolphin)

United States
    Aww... and I was considering getting this title for my Wii U. Oh, well; it'll still be fun, but not as. :(

12. DSSP

DSSP Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    For those wondering about the future of Nintendo Network there's a project already created for when it shuts down:
    https://pretendo.network/
    DEMO:

13. jt_1258

jt_1258 Ella

United States
    as in you can still view, download, and play courses despite no longer being able to upload new courses.

14. The Real Jdbye

Norway
    Wait, does delisting mean it's just gone and you won't be able to redownload it if you already own it?
    On platforms such as Steam and Google Play, you can still download things you already own if they're delisted. With some exceptions.
    It makes total sense to delist it so people don't purchase it expecting the full experience and feel ripped off when they realize it's been crippled of course. Removing access for existing owners to re-download it would be bad though.
    Oh... I didn't realize that. Welp, I have no clue why then.

15. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I don't believe so. It just can't be bought. Wii u tickets will still remain even after a format. The only way I know of to remove them is manually.

16. jt_1258

jt_1258 Ella

United States
    yes, you can download it after it's delisted...people, this all isn't nowhere near as bad as it sounds at face value

17. The Real Jdbye

Norway
    Yeah, I just wonder if de-listing means deleting the files from the shop servers. But probably not.

18. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Well, I tried downloading wii content after that shop was shutdown. The content is still there, but the ticket gave me a 404 error.

19. jt_1258

jt_1258 Ella

United States
    as far as I understand the wii shop shutdown was a literal server take down

20. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    This is with nus, so decrypting content or creating a wad no longer works, because it requires the ticket.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I know the ticket is downloaded first right when you click purchase with the wii u (probably wii and switch as well) as it will decrypt the content during the "install" process. if the system finds the ticket, it will not be redownloaded. that is the purpose of my fake ticket tutorial. if the ticket is fake or real, it doesn't matter, because the system will assume that it's correct. if it's fake, it will error immediately at install unless you have sig patches installed. since the system doesn't delete tickets, the 404 error I was getting with the wii is probably moot. it won't error with the ticket already on the system, and it will install.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - delisted, services, online