1. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Crazy Cool Cyclops

United States
    Or buy it now, and be able to download it in the future. Isn't that how it works with de-listed games one's purchased before said de-listing occurs? Like, I can still install MK9 to my PC in spite of it being de-listed on Steam.

swosho and Kwyjor like this.
  2. CMDreamer

CMDreamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    Another good reason for me to don't like digital only games. (Yes, I know it was released as a physical game, actually I own a copy of it).

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  3. console

console I'm fans of Elvira Mistress of the Dark. :-) <3

United States
    Wow! That's sad news. That's why I never trust digital from shop on any consoles like Nintendo, Sony, etc. Physical copies of games are solid and not to worry about future when company kill servers off that affect digital only. We learn that digital games are trash means we can't get our digital games back. Avoid digital now and in the future. Digital is true death means can't come back again anymore. RIP digital.

We can resell our physical copies of games to young people to make money when we finish beat all games before we get older (health problems come up later).

I'm old school game fans always stick with physical copies of games only. I glad with my non-digital games on my all Nintendo and PS4. :)

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  4. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Crazy Cool Cyclops

United States
    In a perfect world, physical copies would still be the standard. With the full, complete package. No Day 1 patch, adding in, like, 20+ characters/stages/optional story content via DLC, etc..

Unfortunately, the world you and I inhabit is imperfect.

console likes this.
  5. yoyoyo69

yoyoyo69 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is the real issue with games as a service. I can go along with not owning what you have bought, only owning a license to access, but only if I can actually use that license.

There'll be differing opinions, but I feel if a product is sold with online as a big contributing factor to the experience, contingencies should be made to allow customers to continue using this.

lordelan and Silent_Gunner like this.
  6. BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905 where's the updated autopsy report

United States
    March 31st is now officially the date the world ends.

lordelan likes this.
  7. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    On the 3DS the course upload was never possible anyway and the bookmark website didn't exist there either.

Kwyjor likes this.
  8. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 Dirty Weeb ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

United States
    "go fuck yourself and buy the switch version" - Nintendo

PatrickD85 likes this.
  9. Vilagamer999

United Kingdom
    I got a wii u recently, lets just hope someone manages to set up a private server...

10. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    If I'm not mistaken, there are already homebrew tools that allow you to download courses independently of Nintendo's servers.

11. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Well more less ... but I cant imagine this is really hurting them in keeping it available.They just dont seem to want to ... which is a damn right shame.

12. MichaelShawJr

MichaelShawJr GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you bought it digitally you can still redownload the game if you need to. They just aren't going to allow anyone new to purchase digitally

The 3DS version doesn't have online servers. All you can do is make levels and trade with people locally in the same room as you

Last edited by MichaelShawJr, Nov 26, 2020
    godreborn likes this.
  13. jt_1258

jt_1258 Ella

United States
    yes it does have online servers...the wii u's servers to be precise '_>' ya...kinda weird since you can only play them in 100 mario challenge...but I had no wii u and ended up buying mm3ds anyway at that time

Kwyjor likes this.
  14. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I wouldn't be too worried about it being delisted if you bought it digitally. tickets remain on the system, even if you format it. I checked with NUS with wii content. the content is still there to download, but downloading the ticket causes a 404 error, so as long as you bought it beforehand, you should be okay. I don't know what to do if your system dies or something though. then, it could be a problem unless Nintendo can transfer over content ownership.

15. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    Funny how servers for xbox live games are still up , way way older as compared to mario maker. I still don't get why everyone keeps defending Nintendo so much when they're basically the most anti consumer out of all 3

Last edited by kumikochan, Nov 26, 2020
  16. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Remember that the WiiU is the same gen as PS4/XBOX1? Remember when Nintendo also shut down the whole Wii shop permanently? Remember that PS3/360 digital storefronts are still online to this day? Nintendo makes so much profit yet screw their customers on a daily basis so hard. I modded my 3ds but still bought games for it. I got no regrets going full pirate on switch!

17. fvig2001

fvig2001 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Philippines
    Well on the bright side, it lasted longer than Mario 3D All Stars (assuming Nintendo was actually serious about it, which I doubt). I probably should play the game again on my Wii U but I am still trying to justify that I bought Mario Maker 2 a few days ago.

18. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    You may want to hack your Wii U then.

Retroarch can turn the Wii U into a machine that can run q whole lot of games from older machines.

19. gregory-samba

gregory-samba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Same old song. This is the problem with games that rely on servers.

20. Azerus_Kun

Azerus_Kun Pro Plasher

Uruguay
    its delisted, not removed, meaning you'll still be able to download the game if previously purchased, buying physical makes no difference here as online is shut down no matter what

banjo2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - delisted, services, online