Gaming Super Mario Maker for 3DS has a new update?!

Sandier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well, today I have been playing on my console (Nintendo 3DS) my favorites games like normally I do, but for some reason I decided to play super mario maker but once I started the game it displayed a message saying that there is a new update for the game (it actual version is v1.04) and I see, searching in google that there is not another update.

So I want to know if I can update the game to the ''new version'' because I'm using a hacked console and I'm scared because I think there is a probability of ban.

I can start the game and play normally but i cannot access to online becuse it displays that I need to update the game, can you help me to confirme if really there is a new version?? and if there isn't a new version, what can I do?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Go ahead and update your game.
https://en-americas-support.nintend...pdate-super-mario-maker-for-nintendo-3ds#v105

Here's a good explanation of what Nintendo probably means by "issue involving StreetPass functionality"

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: tfocosta

Sandier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So there's no problem if I update my game directly from eshop? Because I told you that I have a hacked old 3DS so all the games (with theirs updates) that I play are downloaded by CIAs files and I'm not sure of creating an eshop account or doing other things that probably may affect my console. I looked for update CIAs on internet but all that I found are from the past version (v1.04).

Yaerveth

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
So there's no problem if I update my game directly from eshop? Because I told you that I have a hacked old 3DS so all the games (with theirs updates) that I play are downloaded by CIAs files and I'm not sure of creating an eshop account or doing other things that probably may affect my console. I looked for update CIAs on internet but all that I found are from the past version (v1.04).
You can normally update your game through eShop even if it's installed using a .cia file but for me it wasn't working. It kept giving me the error code and how I resolved the issue is pretty simple.

First, delete everything related to Mario Maker from your 3DS, then download it again and install (excluding the update file), then it will ask you whether if you want to update your game or not, select the direct download option and it should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1