Super Mario Maker 2 gets slight update that increases the course upload limit

gDbbjFL.png

In the time since Super Mario Maker 2's release, creators have no doubt been enthralled with making all sorts of different levels for others to play and experience. And those more avid players may have stumbled into a bit of a roadblock; there's a hard limit of how many stages one person can upload to the internet, capping out at 32. That's no longer the case, though, as Nintendo has released a patch to double the limit to 64 stages, with another update promised in the future. The offline cap has remained unchanged, and still is 120.

:arrow: Source

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wooow ok thats like christmas! we get 64 bit lol...

in mariomaker 1 you get stars these stars incrase the level upload limit. it feels 1000 times better when i become a star in mariomaker 1
as a fu Makerpoint in mariomaker 2 thats brings you nothing .and you dont now why and how you get these makerpoints

how funny: people buy the game and upload some levels but no one play these levels in weeks.
when someone helped out and played your levels you get steps and plays

some motivation from mariomaker 1 is no more here....

Last edited by loler55,
Reactions: x65943

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

In the time since Super Mario Maker 2's release, creators have no doubt been enthralled with making all sorts of different levels for others to play and experience. And those more avid players may have stumbled into a bit of a roadblock; there's a hard limit of how many stages one person can upload to the internet, capping out at 32. That's no longer the case, though, as Nintendo has released a patch to double the limit to 64 stages, with another update promised in the future. The offline cap has remained unchanged, and still is 120.

:arrow: Source
64 levels? Wait. If we can upload 64 levels in SMM2, then that means Super Mario 64 is confirmed to be released to the Switch!
definitely a easteregg from Ninty or a spoiler?

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
64 levels? Wait. If we can upload 64 levels in SMM2, then that means Super Mario 64 is confirmed to be released to the Switch!
lol talk about conspiracy theories.

Jokes aside though, this is kind of a nice addition to the game. Stop being greedy and appreciate what you've currently got lol. I'm sure in due time they'll eventually release patches that further expand the total number of levels you can upload, not leaving it always capped at 64.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol talk about conspiracy theories.

Jokes aside though, this is kind of a nice addition to the game. Stop being greedy and appreciate what you've currently got lol. I'm sure in due time they'll eventually release patches that further expand the total number of levels you can upload, not leaving it always capped at 64.

Why even a limit at all? Are their servers that limited in storage capacity!?

henkp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wooow ok thats like christmas! we get 64 bit
a star in mariomaker 1 that incrase the level upload limit feels 1000 times better as a fu Makerpoint thats brings you nothing and you dont now why and how you get these

how funny people buy the game upload some levels and no one play it in weeks
when you helped out and someone played your levels you get steps and plays

One of those rare examples in which interpunction would actually make a sentence (or a couple of sentences?) more readable. I honestly don't understand what you're trying to say here, and I have the feeling I'm not the only one. Please elaborate.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Great news! But wrong thread anyway.

Back on topic, I'm one of those players who enjoys playing online stages rather than making them, because adult life ya'know. I hope the download limit cap is removed too, as it uses the SD card as the storage, the limit should be the size of your card (and maybe the switch RAM :ninja:). Happy for the makers getting 64® slots.

Last edited by DSoryu,
Reactions: Silent_Gunner

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
One of those rare examples in which interpunction would actually make a sentence (or a couple of sentences?) more readable. I honestly don't understand what you're trying to say here, and I have the feeling I'm not the only one. Please elaborate.

wooow ok thats like christmas! we get 64 bit lol...

in mariomaker 1 you get stars these stars incrase the level upload limit. it feels 1000 times better when i become a star in mariomaker 1
as a fu Makerpoint in mariomaker 2 thats brings you nothing .and you dont now why and how you get these makerpoints

funfact: people buy the game and upload some levels but no one play these levels in weeks.
when someone helped out and played your levels you get steps and plays
that means no one see your creations when they have no steps

some motivation from mariomaker 1 is no more here....

sry its not my motherlanguage

Last edited by loler55,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think what they're saying is that stars in MM1 had a purpose in how they allowed you to upload more levels. Compare that to MM2's Maker Points, which have no real value outside of being an increasing number that can be compared against on a leaderboard.

The second part... I'm not too sure. Either that a lot of people buy it at launch and make a single level that doesn't get played?

Reactions: loler55

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think what they're saying is that stars in MM1 had a purpose in how they allowed you to upload more levels. Compare that to MM2's Maker Points, which have no real value outside of being an increasing number that can be compared against on a leaderboard.

The second part... I'm not too sure. Either that a lot of people buy it at launch and make a single level that doesn't get played?
thank you thats what i try to saY

SECOND Part:
you can upload levels but no one see these levels when they have no plays from other people
it feels like a big mistake serverside

in mariomaker 1 you get plays when you upload a level
in mariomaker 2 you get only plays when someone already have played your level

i hope its now understandable

Last edited by loler55,
Reactions: Scarlet

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Only 64? I mean, I know that's a lot of levels to be making and all, but why have any limit in place at all? Judging by the course dumpers/injectors we have levels are literally under 500kb each, god forbid Nintendo stress their servers with more than 32MB of space per user!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I may take a shower to remove all the sunburns in my body