OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is probably the smartest thing nintendo has done so far, because that annoying bug that was in the ds would have ruined any actual game play for this game for sure. Lol the bad thing is that i won't have much as a challenge to look forward to online, but i could be wrong as battle more has online.....ahhh the endless possibilities.
grog.gif
grog.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
free of snaking? where did you hear that the Wii version will be free of snaking? if this is true it will be awesome as a majority of people won't have their online experience destroyed by these cheaters.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
metroid_phobia said:
Erm you mean "Mario Kart Wii" there is no "Super" in it.

jalaneme said:
free of snaking? where did you hear that the Wii version will be free of snaking? if this is true it will be awesome as a majority of people won't have their online experience destroyed by these cheaters.

http://wiinintendo.net/2008/03/16/snaking-...mario-kart-wii/

i love you nintendo
wub.gif
they made the right decision!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(mrwienerdog @ Mar 17 2008, 05:38 PM)
Sorry to sound really dumb, but what is this 'snaking' you refer to?

it's a exploit boost glitch that is used online to cheat or get the "upper hand" in the race, i'm sure if you have played the DS version you should have encountered them by now.

hmm... i thought the post merging thing would work :S

Scorpin200

Iceman
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LOl upper hand more like a error they didn't bother to fix as i've seen people teleport from one part of the track to another, and yeah it's true i'll post the page when i find it again.

greyhound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
lol i'm gonna post the good news on the official nintendo uk forums now XD

you seem pretty excited about this.

I could never get the hang of snaking (keep hitting the walls) so I always suffered in the worldwide matches online

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
greyhound said:
you seem pretty excited about this.

beyond excited, it means we can enjoy mario kart like it should be played, i used to play a lot of it on the snes, i couldn't stand the ds version because of the cheaters and now this is confirmed i'm looking forward to it more, i was planning to play offline only and that was that.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Meh. I wonder what excuse the noobs will use now that snaking's nerfed.
Because you know, it never really was about snaking. It always was about "BAAAWWW, WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY LET ME WIN ONLIIIIINE", and next round, Nintendo will remove something else from the game.

Let's hope it's the blue shells.

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree that people will probably just find something else to bitch about.

What I don't understand is how they could take something out of the game that has been every Mario Kart game, excluding the original for SNES.

The power slide boost in the N64 version compared to the DS version is similar in the way that you attain the boost by flicking the control stick back and forth, but the game controls differently which I think makes it harder to pull it off as fast and easily. I don't know anyone that can "snake" in the N64 version, mainly because it controls differently I think.

Couldn't they have somehow made the game control similarly to the N64 version? That way, you could still flick the control stick back and forth to build your boost, instead of this stupid "how long can I hold the power slide!" method. Trying to make it more n00b friendly I guess and appeal to the demographic of people that have a Wii, but are not really gamers.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
oh dear the snakers have arrived, they are starting to give reasons why their precious cheating tactics are in fact a "skill" and to make themselves feel better they call everyone noobs. really throwing your rattle out of the pram will get you nowhere, nintendo see it as cheating that is why it was removed and i agree 100% with them.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jalaneme said:
oh dear the snakers have arrived, they are starting to give reasons why their precious cheating tactics are in fact a "skill" and to make themselves feel better they call everyone noobs. really throwing your rattle out of the pram will get you nowhere, nintendo see it as cheating that is why it was removed and i agree 100% with them.

So saying that people will find something else to moan about , means you are a snaker? and are throwing the rattle out the pram?. Which is actually quite funny considering the anti snakers have been throwing their toys out since the release of the DS game.

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked the snaking feature on N64 and the NDS version. Friends and I snaked all the time, it was fair because all of us know how.

At least there is a boost when sliding for an amount of time, so it says.

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
jalaneme said:

Snaking is not a cheat.
Snaking is not a glitch or a bug.

Its a technique and every one can use it. Most of the "non-snakers" act like its something evil or bad. In other words they are saying "I hate it when I lose.", "I can't snake, so nobody may use it.", "Please lower your skill level to match mine." or "I am to good to learn something new.".

Learning new technique's and trying to get better is what gaming is all about. Its what makes things challenging. "Non-snakers" are just trying to keep the level of the game low so that they can win some rounds, instead of trying to make something of them self and win by skill.

The same people that snake at "Mario Kart DS" are probably better at general gaming than the lamo's who call them self "non-snakers". Simply because they try all of the technique's and pick the best one that takes the most advantage of game.

You should just buy "Diddy Kong Racing DS" and quit bitching.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: oh shit where??? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: