PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Sad to see Snaking go. I hope they put some other techniques in the game to learn so there's still that level of skill to playing Mario Kart besides hanging in second and hoping you get a good item.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
.TakaM said:
snaking is for douches, plain and simple.

And to put the stupid argument to rest, it's an exploit.
Call it a cheat, or call it a skill, fact is you're wrong.
It's a part of the standard gameplay that has been exploited and abused, and only cocky douches think it makes the game challenging...
It's like playing tic tac toe with 16 squares to "make it challenging" dur hur hur

it's mario kart, quit trying to rationalize the fact you are pissing off everyone else and go find your 'challenge' in another game.

and for the record, I can snake, but it's stupid, it makes every race exactly the same.

amen!

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.TakaM said:

It's a part of the standard gameplay that has been exploited and abused, and only cocky douches think it makes the game challenging...
It's like playing tic tac toe with 16 squares to "make it challenging" dur hur hur

it's mario kart, quit trying to rationalize the fact you are pissing off everyone else and go find your 'challenge' in another game.

and for the record, I can snake, but it's stupid, it makes every race exactly the same.

2nd Amen...just like the countless 12 year olds who find a glitch place in FPS's like Halo and sit and snipe all game, yeha it's in the game, but it ruins the expierence for the casual player.

Hyperlisk_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kreeeee said:
You guys who are against snaking are in for a shock with the new Mario Kart. The better players will still thrash you easily every game, by making full use of the new turbo system, just like they did in MKDS.

Why bother playing online if you're just going to whine and moan whenever you lose? If you play people on the net then you're going to come across people who want to win in every game, maybe you should only play against your "friends" with your silly rule sets or just play bots on easy instead.
Yeah, with the Wii it'll be ZOMG HE CAN HOLD HIS POWER SLIDE LONGER THAN ME WTF H4X, EXPLOITS, GLITCHES! IT HAS TO BE ONE OF THEM BECAUSE I CAN'T DO ITTTTTT!!!!121!1232
hate2.gif

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kreeeee said:
.TakaM said:

No offence but you're an idiot.
I agree. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that was just plain ignorant. Calling people "douches" and "cocky douches" over a video game is pretty sad. If you don't like it, then deal with it and go play with friends that you know don't snake. What are you, one of those people that automatically thinks everyone hacks when you get owned in Counter-Strike?

I personally never play Mario Kart DS online because of the ACTUAL cheating that goes on. One player I played against was able to give him stars at will during any time of the race. Same with Tetris DS and people who cheat by giving themselves all straight pieces. It's shit like that which makes a game suck.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Abusing game mechanics is not cheating any more than wavedashing/wavelanding was in SSBM.

Basically, fuck you. That is my opinion of all anti-snakers. And I don't even snake.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
MillionsKnives said:
I agree. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that was just plain ignorant. Calling people "douches" and "cocky douches" over a video game is pretty sad. If you don't like it, then deal with it and go play with friends that you know don't snake. What are you, one of those people that automatically thinks everyone hacks when you get owned in Counter-Strike?

I personally never play Mario Kart DS online because of the ACTUAL cheating that goes on. One player I played against was able to give him stars at will during any time of the race. Same with Tetris DS and people who cheat by giving themselves all straight pieces. It's shit like that which makes a game suck.
god damn it..
I thought I made it quite clear I know snaking isn't a cheat, glitch or teh haxorz, it's an exploit- like punching someone in the balls.

Say you're in a fight, you think "hey, I won't punch this guy in the balls, and he won't punch me in the balls" then *BAM*
"what pussy? you think I'm cheating? you just can't take a challenge dur hur hur"

And I stopped playing MKDS a few months after it came out, I had a few good online races, and guess what- they all came down to fun, and not challenge.
As in stopping at corners to have battles, racing in reverse, trying to push each other off rainbow road.
Way more fun than snaking through the tracks like a douche like a douche like a cocky piece of shit douche.

Seriously, people who think it makes the game challenging are just pathetic.
It's nice you found a way to challenge yourself, but why don't you shut the fuck up and realize you're not challenging others- you're just pissing off everyone else who wants to have fun

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
.TakaM said:
MillionsKnives said:

god damn it..
I thought I made it quite clear I know snaking isn't a cheat, glitch or teh haxorz, it's an exploit- like punching someone in the balls.

Say you're in a fight, you think "hey, I won't punch this guy in the balls, and he won't punch me in the balls" then *BAM*
"what pussy? you think I'm cheating? you just can't take a challenge dur hur hur"

And I stopped playing MKDS a few months after it came out, I had a few good online races, and guess what- they all came down to fun, and not challenge.
As in stopping at corners to have battles, racing in reverse, trying to push each other off rainbow road.
Way more fun than snaking through the tracks like a douche like a douche like a cocky piece of shit douche.

Seriously, people who think it makes the game challenging are just pathetic.
It's nice you found a way to challenge yourself, but why don't you shut the fuck up and realize you're not challenging others- you're just pissing off everyone else who wants to have fun

Agreed. I for one thought the speed boost was a skill to seperate you from the rest. To execute it perfectly on every corner and power slide as close as possible to the wall and then getting the boost was required skill separating you from the rest which distinguished you as a skillful player. I dislike snaking but it is still legal. Like . TakaM said about the puching or "nutting" someone in the balls, you don't but its an exploit you can use to win. Plus it was fun having reverse races all around moo moo farm. If anything I'd rather the blue shell be removed as it was a very cheap shot.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't have any huge problems with snaking but I don't think it should be a regular feature in all the mario cart games.

It just means noobs (like me) don't really stand a chance if someone has spent hours trying to learn snaking. I don't really have the time to perfect my snaking but I know how to do it...Taking out snaking will make it a more even playing field and pros will have to rely on good driving skills, item usage and a whole heap of other stuff to stay on top.

If you want to snake just go and play mario cart DS. I'm sure you snakers will still have fun with MKWii and it also means noobs can have more fun online.

Hopefully there's some other not so extreme techniques that pros can learn.

Hyperlisk_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not an exploit. You guys must not understand the meaning of the word... An exploit is due to a programming error, akin to a glitch. Snaking is, as someone in this thread said before, a design flaw.

spirited

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyperlisk_ said:
It is not an exploit. You guys must not understand the meaning of the word... An exploit is due to a programming error, akin to a glitch. Snaking is, as someone in this thread said before, a design flaw.

it was a pretty good design flaw then

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know how some people can accuse players that snake to rely on good driving skills and power-ups to win?

It doesn't make sense relying on good driving skills? A high level of skill in Mario Kart DS involves snaking so that argument is out the window. Relying on power ups? thats more like luck to me? People are going to rely on winning by luck? Last I played a game I relied solely on skill and in Mario Kart DS that involved snaking.

Anyways Snaking was a great part of the game if you don't enjoy people who snake play with FC and other players who don't allow it. This will eliminate the frustration. Find players at your level that would suit the game more nicely.

I think they should have set up the online mode a lot better but instead Nintendo decided to take out snaking to the casual gamers.

Oh well the next Mario Kart will be good regardless if there is snaking or not. The playing feild is always fair if every player can do the same as the other.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kreeeee said it the best. Its online competition, man up and grow some balls!

Saying its mario kart doesnt change a thing, the mario kart series are some of the most competative games in the world. People still play SMK!!!

To the chump that said its an exploit and requires no skill, you obviously dont know what your talking about. What takes more skill; holding down A and occasionally turning or actually doing somthing and racing like a motherlicker!!! However it is indeed an exploit. Exploit: Make the most of, Take advantage of, develop, use. Hell, the oppisite is waste!!!
When you want to be the best out there, (and who doesnt when they play online???) Your going to want to take advantage of everything you can get your hands on.

back on the mkwii topic:

Heres some guys reveiw of the game http://nishaat.com/images/
He's also off his head. He said its not possible to snake, then later he says..

"then as you turn the corner a blue spark appears. You can either let go there and get a speed boost, or keep sliding until you get a red spark which gives you a better boost. Since it takes a while before the blue spark activates, this pretty much eliminates snaking, as its now a lot more hassle than its worth."

You cant say it was removed from the game, then say "pretty much eliminates snaking" and "its more of a hassle". Its either there or its not. Snaking in MKDS was a hassle but we done it because its fun to compete and get faster. We dont play games because its easy and boring.

Snaking seems to be at least possible and since we haven't played it yet we can't yet determine if it is really effective. It might be totally useless and it might be just slightly faster. Sure some test guys have played it, but they didn't play it like the competitive MK community is going to play it.

We'll just have to wait and see.

This was/is the second fastest rainbow road flap in the world, if any tempers can beat the time, I will personally admit snaking was sent by the devil
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z21SO5TxoEA
Note, theres no back to fourth MT'ing (snaking) involved. If you all think you're as good as you think, it shouldnt be a problem.

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
maybe I can bring in the point of Jump! Ultimate Stars in. That is probably the worst online game available for the DS regarding cheating and playing cheap.

There are so many glitches in that game that were not intended for regular play, like hiding in between the walls, HP recovery glitch etc... not only that but the game itself allowed for extreme cheapness such as players getting Ringed Out with cheap techniques and so on. On top of all that there are people who use AR cheats online.

It's a ridiculously horrible experience for anyone who met a player that was extremely cheap or a cheater using either glitches or AR cheat codes.

but I loved the game and my way around it was play using friend codes, go to forums and play players using rules.

when it came to random online play I'd simply log off when there was a player who was extremely cheap, choosing not to play against them.

Despite the fact that Jump! allowed for cheap tactics did not distract me from enjoying the game, simply I chose to play players that enjoyed the same rules as I do. If you feel snaking is cheap, don't play against players that do.

Hyperlisk_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MADKATZ99 said:
This was/is the second fastest rainbow road flap in the world, if any tempers can beat the time, I will personally admit snaking was sent by the devil
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z21SO5TxoEA
Note, theres no back to fourth MT'ing (snaking) involved. If you all think you're as good as you think, it shouldnt be a problem.
That was awesome.

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
While snaking is perfectly acceptable and necessary for decent competition, it makes the game less fun overall IMO. I can't find anyone on random WiFi that puts up a decent challenge
frown.gif
, so it's usually really boring. And finding other snakers to race is kind of a nuisance, especially with FCs.

But when you are racing a good snaker at your skill level, the game is a blast
biggrin.gif

But yeah, I can't wait for MKWii! (Well actually I can, because I have Brawl, but still...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over