Gaming Super Mario Kart VC

pin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I just get a black loading screen when I try to run this.

has anyone had any more luck?

Thanks

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no trouble loading it, do any of your other downloaded games give a black screen? If not try redownloading SMK.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
When new VC games come out, they might require a certain IOS or something of the sort to be able to be run...

When I tried to run Majora's Mask when it came out, the black screen happened to me, too. Though I can't recall exactly what I had to install to get it to work.

Sorry, that's all I got.
mellow.gif

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you are probably missing the IOS that it requires.

I'm assuming you pirated it, so how come you don't just download the ROM and play it through SNES9X?

pin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So which IOS have people used to run it?

g4jek8j54, just easier to run it through VC than an emu (if it works that is
smile.gif
)

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AnyTitle Deleter MOD might show the IOS that is needed for that game. If I remember correctly, all you have to do is hover over the title to get that information. Just make sure not to delete anything.

Eh, I find it easier to just have BootMii auto-boot the Homebrew Channel, and then go into the emulator. Plus, you can't change the button mappings on the Virtual Console emulators.

pin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No,,its not my region actually. Thought the VC games were RF.
I will try freethewads.

g4jek8j54, I usually boot into usb loader, but I might explore emus for Wii seeing as I have a big HDD atached to it. May as well fill it with some good gamed as the wii is somewhat lacking atm

Cheers all, much appreciated.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
l'm able to get it to work but only if i set my wii to ntsc using any region changer, but in your case you shouldnt have to do that.
And it appears that not all VC titles are region free, not even after you've used freethewads

Intranet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also have this black screen problem. It requires IOS 53. But even if it's out of region (the game is NTSC on my PAL wii), shouldn't it work anyway since I use Priiloader with the region free channels hack? Anyways I tried both region freeing it and converting to PAL and using the three different versions of IOS 53 available on NUS but with no luck. I really wanted this to be a WAD just so it would be on the SD card menu (as I autoboot to the sys menu) and it saves me a few clicks than to go to SNES9X GX. Oh well no more being lazy for me :-P

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
pin said:
No,,its not my region actually. Thought the VC games were RF.
I will try freethewads.

g4jek8j54, I usually boot into usb loader, but I might explore emus for Wii seeing as I have a big HDD atached to it. May as well fill it with some good gamed as the wii is somewhat lacking atm

Cheers all, much appreciated.
This explains it. Freethewads worked, but you got a blackscreen due to conflicting video mode (which freethewads doesn't fix). Is you wii's video mode NTSC or PAL?

pin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
MY wii is PAL and yep the games NTSC. So do you just think this is one of the games freethewads cant fix?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's very sad and a poignant example of why preservation is so important.