Super Mario Galaxy firmware/VC games

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Gus122000, Nov 6, 2007.

Nov 6, 2007
  1. Gus122000

Member Gus122000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 15, 2007
    1.if i insert super mario galaxy USA without removeing the update on a JPN Wii and i have the latest update will it brick my wii?

2.Has there been any updates on hacking of vc games so they can be played on different wiis anyone working on that?
  2. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

Nov 19, 2002
    United Kingdom
    I don't know the answer to your first question but.

2) No, it is likely it will never happen. The protection on the games is very high, just look at the 360, its been around a year longer and no one has cracked that either.

EDIT: 1700th post!!!
  3. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 25, 2006
    Central Illinois
    United States
    1. Why not use the (J) release of SMG? At the very least download that and run the update from it. Then you shouldn't be prompted for an update from the (U) release if you want to use it. If you are, do the Metroid Prime 3 unplug trick (talked about all over the forum) and you should be fine.

2. Not for a long time, if ever. Nintendo is keeping us on our toes enough by coming out with new drive hardware and that takes long enough to crack. I don't know if we'll ever see a full firmware replacement for the Wii like we did with the XBox and PS2 since there seems to be no indication anyone is even working on such a device. In the meantime you can run emulators through Gamecube mode. Use a PS controller adapter to get that classical controller feel through your Gamecube port if you want.