Hacking Super Mario Galaxy backup - lag?

denieru7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I recently backed up my copy of Super Mario Galaxy PAL using waninkoko's cIOS DVD dumper 1.2 and burnt it to a DVD.

It boots fine and all in Neogamma R7 and everything is fine, but during animated cutscenes there quite a noticable amount of lag. Pressing the home button and then getting out of that menu fixes the lag for about 2 seconds, then the video starts lagging again.

Is this due to the fact that DVDs are read at 3x instead of 6x, or did I do something wrong?

If so, could anyone suggest something that would fix this? I am trying softchip r100 as I type to test it.

Thanks a bunch!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
denieru7 said:
Is this due to the fact that DVDs are read at 3x instead of 6x, or did I do something wrong?
When you know the answer, then why you're asking...jeez
rolleyes.gif

If you want faster Speed, get a ModChip, or go to the USB Loaders. And please...SEARCH!!!

denieru7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, okay... I was just asking because I was just suspicious I might have done something wrong or not used a correct setting or something.

Thing is, I have no USB hard drives or USB anything that is more than 4GB...

Sigh, looks like I'll just stick with it then. And I did search btw, I was just checking in case it wasn't related to the DVD read speed (I read all over here that I wouldn't notice a difference....)

Thanks a lot!

bestpyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well sorry but I have the same problem :S and i would gladly like to have some advice.

now i understand that DVDs are read at 3x instead of 6x but how can I change that ?

In fact i have this problem for everyone of my backups! they all lag from time to time and its getting boring just to play them
Ican't use the usb loader since I don't have an external harddrive

And yes! i've searched but it's kinda hard to find something if everywhere people just answer on every forum "search on google"

So i would Appreciate if someone could help me to stop the lags

So far I've used two types of DVDs Imation and Verbatim, I'v burned them a 2x, 4x, 2x,4x(Imgburn)
For burners i've used Nero and also ImgBurn.

I have latest homebrew channel, playing on a 4.1(american)system so NTSC
I have no modchips and don't want to buy one either
wink.gif

I have latest GammaR7 backup loader channel

Please i wold love if someone could solve my problem

rpm

Trophies
XP
Country
When you are running of the disk regardless of the loaded they all read the disk at 3X.
Because thay are reading at 3X you will always get LAG........

To run a usb loaded you dont need a HDD you can use a usb key

here is the one that I use

Configurable USB Loader http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147638

bestpyro said:
Well sorry but I have the same problem :S and i would gladly like to have some advice.

now i understand that DVDs are read at 3x instead of 6x but how can I change that ?

In fact i have this problem for everyone of my backups! they all lag from time to time and its getting boring just to play them
Ican't use the usb loader since I don't have an external harddrive

And yes! i've searched but it's kinda hard to find something if everywhere people just answer on every forum "search on google"

So i would Appreciate if someone could help me to stop the lags

So far I've used two types of DVDs Imation and Verbatim, I'v burned them a 2x, 4x, 2x,4x(Imgburn)
For burners i've used Nero and also ImgBurn.

I have latest homebrew channel, playing on a 4.1(american)system so NTSC
I have no modchips and don't want to buy one either
wink.gif

I have latest GammaR7 backup loader channel

Please i wold love if someone could solve my problem

bestpyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for your answer

so basically there's just no way i can burn DVDs and play them without lags is that it ? :/

and about usb loader on a key, this brings me to another problem I have (i know its not in the topic) but i'd be glad if you could help me.

problem: As i drag and drop a ISO (4.5gb) on my usbkey wich is 8gb, and have around 6.5gp free, a message popout with a warning saying It cannot write on this disk as I click (restart) it popsout again saying :sorry the disk is ful
(sorry if the message is not well accurate since i'm on a french windows I did some brief traduction )

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
bestpyro said:
problem: As i drag and drop a ISO (4.5gb) on my usbkey wich is 8gb, and have around 6.5gp free, a message popout with a warning saying It cannot write on this disk as I click (restart) it popsout again saying :sorry the disk is ful

Your disk is formatted with FAT32 so it can only have files up to 4gb on it, to copy it you'll need to split it up.
CFG usb loader can load from FAT32, but only if the files are converted (which takes care of splitting them up as well).
Other loaders can only use WBFS at the moment, which will mean reformatting the USB key.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BenieUK said:
QUOTE said:
so basically there's just no way i can burn DVDs and play them without lags is that it ?

Only by installing a mod-chip that supports 6x like WiiKey 2 ...
The strange thing about SMG is that if you do have a modchip installed and have it set to 3x, there still isnt any lag in the videos, so it makes me wonder whether it is an actually 6x issue or just a softmod issue.

bestpyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so basically if I don't want my wii to be chipped, the best solution to counter the lag would be to get an external hard drive.
If i do get one, will it be 100% sure that I won't have any lags?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1