Super Mario G 2 protected? White screen at end

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by pmasterkim, Aug 4, 2010.

1. pmasterkim
    OP

Newcomer pmasterkim Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hey,

I am writting to ask whether or not there are any other people sharing my problem. I recently 'completed' mario g 2 for the first run. I grab the grand star along with Peach and then watch all of them shoot off into a white screen. The problem is, is that I've been staring at a white screen now for ten minutes in hopes something will happen. It does not.

So here I am asking if it's protected? I think I have a PAL version, though it may be NTSC. Whatever the case it is a english version. I tried running it on ULoader and Gamma backup launcher, but both end in a white screen. The ISO itself has never had problems, I played an odd thirty hours getting all the medals and stars and I'd like to try for the green stars.

Thanks for reading,

pmasterkim

2. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I think it is a bad rip. I completed the game 100% all stars and there was no freeze. Get a new .iso and see what happens.

3. Delta517

Member Delta517 Its okay...Im a ninja ;)

Norway
    I agree with Riley, it has to be a bad burn or rip. [​IMG] Try reburning at a slower speed. If that doesn't work then find a new place to download it (pretty sure you don't own the original game [​IMG] ).

I have completed the game without problems.

4. pmasterkim
    OP

United Kingdom
    Sorry, I should mention I'm loading from a hard drive, my bad! Do you guys still think it's a bad iso? I'll try to get another copy in the mean time.

5. Delta517

Member Delta517 Its okay...Im a ninja ;)

Norway
    Then its probably the iso. [​IMG]

6. pmasterkim
    OP

United Kingdom
    Cheers, I struggling to get another iso at the moment but hopefully it will work. Thanks!

7. petspeed

Member petspeed GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    If Nintendo added a new protection to the game to cause this white screen do you really think they would place it at the very end of the game allowing you to play the whole thing?

8. W hat

Member W hat Rhythm Heaven Fan

United States
    Possible, Earthbound did a similar thing.