Hacking Super.Mario.Bros.Deluxe.EUR.VC.3DS.INTERNAL-BigBlueBox

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok but what I was showing was that I got letterbox in to a "sort of" .3ds format, it shows in gateway menu at least :D

How did you change it to .3ds file? Seems very interesting, BlueBox must of found out how to change it. He did not just change the file name too .3ds cause that method does not work.

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many things are similar in the mario CIA and 3DS file. But many things are different too, mostly in the header (most likely hashes).

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
The only answer is to this is maybe Gateway has released an application/program to change the .cia files into .3ds files to work with GW cards, cause sometimes coders get to test these apps by these developers first, way before its released to the general public. Or maybe someone else has developed an app to get them working by conversion. I'm sure we will all find out very soon, some way or somehow! :)

Also now I think hard about it, to get online working with roms its going to take a development of an application/program that you run the roms through so online play is available cause if you try to play online with a rom it comes up with a Nintendo error for the cartridge so if a way can be found to run the rom through a program to get rid of this error then it could be very possible! also vice versa with the .cia files!

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The only answer is to this is maybe Gateway has released an application/program to change the .cia files into .3ds files to work with GW cards, cause sometimes coders get to test these apps by these developers first, way before its released to the general public. Or maybe someone else has developed an app to get them working by conversion. I'm sure we will all find out very soon, some way or somehow! :)
Gateway is not directly connected to BBB.

Reactions: cearp

Fábio Silva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I know that but it still does not mean that GW don't give BBB a chance to test the app out before it is released to the General Public, cause they will know he is a scene coder for 3DS titles to put them out there.

Jesus man, chill out a bit.

Whenever I see your posts you're just talking nonsense, wrong information or speculation. Try to talk about something that you know for sure

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This rom can't be trimmed because it's CARD2 and save states are at the end of file.
Which makes me think it's kinda weird that the game saves in the 3DS file like a CARD2 game, while since it's an eShop game, it's supposed to be saving on the 3DS SD Card.

Maybe the saving location is just a flag in the rom though, and not hardcoded in the game itself.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Pirating a 20 year old rom of a game Nintendo gave away for free.

Im laughing so hard at how dumb this is. I still have my legit download code in an email.
dumb? eventually, i want everything for 3ds to be dumped.
but this game specifically is one that should not be dumped?
it's the first 3ds rom formatted eshop game that game out after gateway added 'eshop support', i think this is important since it shows us that gateway has not hardcoded the eshop games in a list, to only allow what they want to bypass the signature check.
importantly, the bbb released the .cia dump, and then this converted dump. by looking at both, i would imagine talented people would have more information about how the cia->3ds conversion was done.
also, it is a good game.

Fábio Silva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dumb? eventually, i want everything for 3ds to be dumped.
but this game specifically is one that should not be dumped?
it's the first 3ds rom formatted eshop game that game out after gateway added 'eshop support', i think this is important since it shows us that gateway has not hardcoded the eshop games in a list, to only allow what they want to bypass the signature check.
importantly, the bbb released the .cia dump, and then this converted dump. by looking at both, i would imagine talented people would have more information about how the cia->3ds conversion was done.
also, it is a good game.

Couldn't agree more. Hope this is the start of many more eshop dumps in the future :)
Whoever says this Super Mario Bros Deluxe isn't anything special perhaps don't know that this rom dump means that everything is possible and that BBB indeed has a method to convert CIA to 3DS.
I was really happy when I saw this in the scene.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Jesus man, chill out a bit.

Whenever I see your posts you're just talking nonsense, wrong information or speculation. Try to talk about something that you know for sure

Why, what was so stressful about what I said?

Also what I commented on is correct but you say I don't know what I am on about? I think you will find your the one that has no clue!. All main rippers get a chance to test a very toned down beta version of apps/updates etc.. before the general public get hold of them, they need them to get files/roms etc.. put out on the net on there private torrent sites for peeps like you to use before its actual release, else what would be the point in even having a card like Gateway for sale or even future updates for that matter! What else do you think they use to rip there files, some random program that know one knows about???

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Why, what was so stressful about what I said? Also what I commented on is correct but you say I don't know what I am on about? I think you will find your the one that has no clue!. All main rippers get a chance to test a very small beta version apps/updates before the general public get hold of them, they need them to get roms etc.. put out for peeps like you to use before its release, else what would be the point in even having a card like Gateway for sale! What else do you think they use to rip there files, some random program that know one knows about???
well tbh games have been dumped years before the gateway was released, via hardware methods, and its fairly likely the scene groups do have their own private tools that nobody has heard of, they could even be using parts of the official SDK to repackage the content

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
and here is another release :P
Code:
PacMan.and.the.Ghostly.Adventures.EUR.3DS-BigBlueBox
it seems they found way to convert them to 3ds :P evolution is coming nicely yet not real homebrew a pity

Fábio Silva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why, what was so stressful about what I said? Also what I commented on is correct but you say I don't know what I am on about? I think you will find your the one that has no clue!. All main rippers get a chance to test a very toned down beta version of apps/updates etc.. before the general public get hold of them, they need them to get roms etc.. put out for peeps like you to use before its release, else what would be the point in even having a card like Gateway for sale! What else do you think they use to rip there files, some random program that know one knows about???

Actually yes. Dumping games exists even before there are ways to pirate them.
You don't have to look to far. PS4 and Xbox One already have its games on the internet for whoever wants to download them. Same happened with 3ds scene. Or don't you remember games like phoenix wright and harmoknight being out before we even think about playing them on our carts?
It's all a matter of perspective. I just said you shouldn't just talk out loud without having evidence to do so. And not just on this subject.

Fábio Silva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
and here is another release :P
Code:
PacMan.and.the.Ghostly.Adventures.EUR.3DS-BigBlueBox
it seems they found way to convert them to 3ds :P evolution is coming nicely yet not real homebrew a pity

I'm sorry if I'm wrong on this, but isn't that game available as a retail game? If so, that wouldn't be an eshop game. Just a regular one :)

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
well tbh games have been dumped years before the gateway was released, via hardware methods, and its fairly likely the scene groups do have their own private tools that nobody has heard of, they could even be using parts of the official SDK to repackage the content

Yes they may have there own tools but the coding is the same as what Gateway would use to dump roms. As far as I know these company's for example one being GW that develop there cards, software etc.. they normally get in touch with the main scene ripper groups through there emails that they put up when they release a scene rip then they give them a copy of the card and firmware for example way before its released to prepare for the product when it is released! So there is something to use when it comes along. They don't use a special tool that know one knows about and then dump a rom and hope that someday it will work on a method, they will have an idea that there dump will work one day because they have been given the rite tools to be able to dump the actual game. Its been the same method for years, this info I have been told by an actual ripper.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually yes. Dumping games exists even before there are ways to pirate them.
You don't have to look to far. PS4 and Xbox One already have its games on the internet for whoever wants to download them. Same happened with 3ds scene. Or don't you remember games like phoenix wright and harmoknight being out before we even think about playing them on our carts?
It's all a matter of perspective. I just said you shouldn't just talk out loud without having evidence to do so. And not just on this subject.

I would think its quite obvious, how do you think they even dump a 3DS cartridge to begin with? Same goes for Xbox Games, Wii/Wii U games, PS4 games. There is always going to be some sort of product that will work with the end file eventually before the general public even know! Another for example they dumped a copy of Ghosts for the xbox one, how, well C4Eva are working on a custom firmware for the xbox one to play ISO files so they probably have designed Custom firmware to dump games but not actually play them yet on the xbox one so they pass the beta firmware and the know how on to the scene groups and away they go and release the file on a private torrent web site for the members and the near future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: