Hacking Super.Mario.Bros.Deluxe.EUR.VC.3DS.INTERNAL-BigBlueBox

corim123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work. Maybe talk to the dev of 3DSExplorer and perhaps it can be integrated into that program to make trimming Card2 and eshop possible with one piece of software.

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should look something like this.

View attachment 7329

I wrote a small tool to change save offset to 0x200 after the game data and trim the rom to save offset + save data size
Usage:
Card2RomTrimTool [filename] [savedatasize in MB]
for example:
Card2RomTrimTool bbb-n-qa5p-rom.3ds 4
or
just drag the rom file onto Card2RomTrimTool.exe, it will choose 16 MB as default save data size.

The tool and source code are included in the attactment.

So this works for Harmoknight and Dual destinies as well?

ETNWIND

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this works for Harmoknight and Dual destinies as well?
They're not card2 game, their save data is store outside of the rom file, so you don't need this tool to trim them. You should use rom_tool instead.
Super Mario Bros Deluxe is the only eshop rom that save its data inside rom file so far.

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're not card2 game, their save data is store outside of the rom file, so you don't need this tool to trim them. You should use rom_tool instead.
Super Mario Bros Deluxe is the only eshop rom that save its data inside rom file so far.

Okay, so this would also work with new leaf and pokemon then.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for contributing a useful tool.....I love rom trimming, I got 35 games on a 32gb microsd so viva la trim!

RomAnOCrY

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !

i receive an email this morning :)
MT-CARD is now compatible with e-Shop's Games !

Hi,

New launcher.dat is available(for eshop games support), if you are interested, check this link for the file *snip*.

Thanks
Jean

edit: Damm... file link don't works at the moment...

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, same here. My US version of Pokemon X gets stuck at the part that says it's creating data in the SD card.

Try deleting any pokemon "extra data" from the system settings menu that was already there from a previous playthrough. I switched from EUR to USA with animal crossing, and I couldn't load my save until I did that.

GeorgeAria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try deleting any pokemon "extra data" from the system settings menu that was already there from a previous playthrough. I switched from EUR to USA with animal crossing, and I couldn't load my save until I did that.
Nope, still can't load my save file. It still gets stuck on the same screen :(

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Did you trim your file after you started playing it? You may need an untouched one, since the save is in the rom. That's the only thing I can think of. Though if it's like new leaf, it won't let you trim if you've started the file. I'll try my own in a few moments.

EDIT: Here's a dumb question. Have you tried backing up your internal 3ds's sd card and formatting? Maybe that's why it's getting stuck.

ETNWIND

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you trim a card2 game, you save data will be deleted unless you backup your save data an restore it at the appropriate offset and length after trimming.
I have no idea about your problem, it probably caused by trimming or something else. What does the tool show when trimming is done?

Edit: I'm pretty sure relocating save offset and trimming works. I just did the following test. Copy a clean US version Pokemon X rom to one micro SD card, trimmed it. Load the game and create a save, everything work fine (didn't get stuck on creating data in the SD card screen). Then I copy the rom to another micro SD card and load the game from that micro SD card. The save is still there. The save data is indeed relocated.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Sheeiiit, this is awesome, with games dumped, I wonder how far away we are from injecting our own games into them? Pretty hyped to play the Pokemon games (seriously, I would gladly buy them Nintendo ._.) and the EarthBound/MOTHER titles on 3DS. And the ambassador titles I lost for dumb and unfortunate reasons.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Does not mean BigBlueBox is someone who is fresh new on the scene for all we know it could be to do with the same ripper team as Contrast or Abstract but under a different name because they are ripping 3DSWare and also it is possibly a friend of Contrast or a close associate so he names himself BigBlueBox, mainly these rippers from each scene no each other, they all work out the same camp. They all do sometimes have there email addresses conected with there uploads somewhere down the line on some very private trusted only 100% torrent sites looking for rippers to join there camps, so company's like GW pick there email addresses from them and save them to be contacted when needed.

Um no, p2p is way way down the line and proper sceners frown upon the select few couriers that race shit to seedboxes and insecure sites (colos, rented etc) just to get it out there first to p2p or to cyberlockers, any chatter is in private invite only groups and pre channels on irc and messages left on hqs etc, the actual scene (the top of the pyramid) is ftp and always has been, not p2p EVER, if you are knowledgable and actually in the scene, contacting groups isn't hard at all.. Yes they know each other, yes they swap groups, yes they rebadge with each different console etc etc, they also have bright people with alot of internal tools, they have no need for GW to help them with anything :)

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c