Homebrew Super Mario All Stars from Nintendo(you know 25th thingy.)

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well after some time I finally got my backup of Mario All stars working trough my CFG. But after I started SMB 1 it felt like it was slow compared to my snes and PSP! I thought wtf, I tested every game and yeah it has MAYOR slowdowns the WHOLE time!?

Yeah I thought, jup Ninty will emulate it perfect! Is it me or is it crap?
unsure.gif

I want to know, is this an issue with the game itself? Or is it Nintendo´s work thats crap this time.

I am hyped, I gonna but it but if the emu is crap then, I dunno what to do. I really want to have those funny extra´s that are included.
glare.gif

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Juanmatron said:
On Snes9x all SMB. games works perfectly.

I don't know why you want to play this. You can play it perfectly via emulation.

Yeah I know LOL. But I want to buy it for real for the wii when it comes out. I KNOW I can emulate it(I have it on my PSP) but I wanna have the extra´s too!
yaywii.gif

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Lightning said:
Juanmatron said:

I don't know why you want to play this. You can play it perfectly via emulation.

Yeah I know LOL. But I want to buy it for real for the wii when it comes out. I KNOW I can emulate it(I have it on my PSP) but I wanna have the extra´s too!
yaywii.gif

That "extra" just looks boring. You can get all that separately.

Try put the game again in the HDD, try another loader and another cIOS.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Juanmatron said:
Lightning said:
Juanmatron said:

yaywii.gif

That "extra" just looks boring. You can get all that separately.

Try put the game again in the HDD, try another loader and another cIOS.

Ah thats the problem! Thanks xD Stupid me.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FYI, back then on the SNES, EU/PAL region games played at 50FPS opposed to the regular 60FPS in america.

This actually meant that all EU SNES games played slower than American counterparts.

And you know what? Nintendo still do that in their virtual console games, it's total bullshit.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rupee it's about consistancy... You can't have a true nostalgic experience if european games played faster now than many remembered.

Also it's a matter of just how the system was programmed. You can't magically make a 50hz PAL snes game play faster, you'd have to completely reprogram the game... The only other solution would be to put the NTSC games, but then you have to force NTSC or PAL60 which would also cause issues for backwards compatibility for older TVs.

churkus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you referring to the SUper MArio 25th Anniversary game out recently?. IF so, I agree 100%, it looks a pretty bad emulation at best. The scrolling is jerky, even the gfx look washed out. Im surprised they released it like this. They would have been better off using snes9x as its core.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
churkus said:
Are you referring to the SUper MArio 25th Anniversary game out recently?. IF so, I agree 100%, it looks a pretty bad emulation at best. The scrolling is jerky, even the gfx look washed out. Im surprised they released it like this. They would have been better off using snes9x as its core.

NO its good! Pretty good! I play it at full speed xD Maybe its your tv, but on mine it look very well you know.
moogle.gif

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Bladexdsl said:
Lightning said:
Yeah I know LOL. But I want to buy it for real for the wii when it comes out.
waste of $ your not buying the game your buying a book, an OST and a rom! 2 of these you can get for free
tongue.gif
And, there's more! The ROM available online also is +World, too. I want the OST, but I want the dev notes more.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I see it... the point of a collector's edition is to be... well.... collectible. Download content will never be truly collectible. As for me, the wife is buying me it for christmas and it's staying boxed and collectible like a good collectible should.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
koji2009 said:
Rupee it's about consistancy... You can't have a true nostalgic experience if european games played faster now than many remembered.

Also it's a matter of just how the system was programmed. You can't magically make a 50hz PAL snes game play faster, you'd have to completely reprogram the game... The only other solution would be to put the NTSC games, but then you have to force NTSC or PAL60 which would also cause issues for backwards compatibility for older TVs.

You can have a 50hz PAL game run in full screen at 60hz, my SNES does exactly that after I had it modded.

flower2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope this is the right place for this question:

Is anyone else having the same trouble that I am playing Super Mario All-Stars through snes9x?

My problem is that the countdown timers in each game run too fast.

I've checked the image out with uCON64 and it's NTSC for sure, same as my Wii system. I've also tried running it through snes9x and zsnes on Windows 7 and I get the exact same fast timer action there too.

The games play exactly like they do on my cartridge version except for the timer issue.

Any ideas?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
too fast i would think you had been playing on the pal version and had got used to it but looks like you are canadian so you should be ntsc, which dont make a lot of sence, unless you found some special rom hack or something

flower2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
clarky said:
too fast i would think you had been playing on the pal version and had got used to it but looks like you are canadian so you should be ntsc, which dont make a lot of sence, unless you found some special rom hack or something
I've got the NTSC cartridge and a real SNES for comparison, and also two roms that came from different locations.

The first rom came from a friend and was on a disc labeled "NTSC SNES/NES/GENESIS Games for Wii" and the whole thing runs in GC mode. This disc was given to me over 3 years ago.

The second rom was downloaded just yesterday.

Both roms are identical; I ran a binary compare on both and they match up bit for bit. uCON64 reports them as being U.S.A. dumps, but they still have the timer issue I mentioned above.

I'm sure neither of them are hacks.

But, I suspect there might be something wrong with my SNES....

I checked a few YouTube videos of actual All-Stars game play recorded on an actual SNES and it looks as if the timers run exactly at the same speed that they do on my emulator through the Homebrew Channel.

Hmmmmmm...... now I need to find another SNES to see what's up with mine..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs