Homebrew Super Mario 64 Port - Wii U

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have windows, you can get use wsl, which I think stands for windows sub-system linux. it's linux on windows. it works with docker very easily. I have debian and ubuntu, but I only have docker tied to ubuntu. you can have it tied to as many distros as you want, but I kept it that way after installing orbisdev, which took about an hour on debian.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still relatively new to linux, but I've gotten about 7 things compiled with various systems. some I had to change the code of using someone more knowledgeable. I like linux, but every new compile has its own set of challenges, especially if you're a noob.

Intro_to_tech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to run the 60 FPS patch I get asked which file I would like to patch... what am I supposed to do here.

Also where can I get better camera and the fps counter in sm64ex? I didn't see a fork to these enhancements.

1646765091873.png

Fladulator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Man, I really need your help. I read the tutorial from the discord + additional posts (since parts of the tut seems outdated). I also read the whole 20 pages of this thread even if I just understood half of what you guys say since I never had anything to do with compiling before...

It doesn't matter what I try I will always get this error message:
1653088910985.png

It doesn't matter if I try to compile the sm64ex version which I totally prefer or the sm64-port. I didn't forget the environmental variables or anything else which was mentioned. I googled the "KPADShutdown" error and found "a solution" which I am totally not able to achieve:

1653089308506.png

When I try to install wut via the command make install it won't do the job and just gives me an error message. When I try updating it via the command pacman -S wut-msys2 it just gives me two error messages saying

error: failed retrieving file 'wiiu-fling.db' from wii.leseratte10.de : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed to synchronize all databases (unexpected error)

--> I started with
[wiiu-fling]
Server = https://fling.heyquark.com

but found out in the thread that this page is outdated. By visiting the site it clearly stated that the waybackmachine link still stores the files so I changed https://fling.heyquark.com to https://web.archive.org/web/20200705125529/https://fling.heyquark.com/. This way I received the files needed for that period. Since Wling isn't needed anymore, I chose to ignore it. But trying to figure out how the KPAD error could be solved makes me dying right now... In the end it doesn't matter if I try updating wut-tools using different commands, I always end up here:

warning: wut-tools-1.3.1-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

MSYS2 just tells me that wut or wut-tools is up to date. The official GitHub pages tell me otherwise. I don't know how to solve this problem. I donwloaded wut-tools-1.3.2 but I don't know how to install it manually. And it makes me crazy seeing so many other people achieving it without any stress while I'm sitting here losing my mind :D Man, it was a piece of cake compiling a pc version for testing purpose. Please, can anyone of you, @AboodXD or anyone else, help me with an up-to-date tutorial or just help me solving this KPADShutdown problem? It would be great! I just want to play this freaking awesome port on my WiiU... :(

Thank you very much in advance!

Best,
TuF

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Man, I really need your help. I read the tutorial from the discord + additional posts (since parts of the tut seems outdated). I also read the whole 20 pages of this thread even if I just understood half of what you guys say since I never had anything to do with compiling before...

View attachment 310781

It doesn't matter if I try to compile the sm64ex version which I totally prefer or the sm64-port. I didn't forget the environmental variables or anything else which was mentioned. I googled the "KPADShutdown" error and found "a solution" which I am totally not able to achieve:

View attachment 310782

When I try to install wut via the command make install it won't do the job and just gives me an error message. When I try updating it via the command pacman -S wut-msys2 it just gives me two error messages saying

error: failed retrieving file 'wiiu-fling.db' from wii.leseratte10.de : The requested URL returned error: 404

--> I started with
[wiiu-fling]

but found out in the thread that this page is outdated. By visiting the site it clearly stated that the waybackmachine link still stores the files so I changed https://fling.heyquark.com to https://web.archive.org/web/20200705125529/https://fling.heyquark.com/. This way I received the files needed for that period. Since Wling isn't needed anymore, I chose to ignore it. But trying to figure out how the KPAD error could be solved makes me dying right now... In the end it doesn't matter if I try updating wut-tools using different commands, I always end up here:

MSYS2 just tells me that wut or wut-tools is up to date. The official GitHub pages tell me otherwise. I don't know how to solve this problem. I donwloaded wut-tools-1.3.2 but I don't know how to install it manually. And it makes me crazy seeing so many other people achieving it without any stress while I'm sitting here losing my mind :D Man, it was a piece of cake compiling a pc version for testing purpose. Please, can anyone of you, @AboodXD or anyone else, help me with an up-to-date tutorial or just help me solving this KPADShutdown problem? It would be great! I just want to play this freaking awesome port on my WiiU... :(

Best,
TuF
I can see that you spent quite a while and I appreciate that you wrote your prob, detailed. Man, what to say, let's try to solve your problem, because it's unusual problem and let's figure out what you make from the beginning of your compiling journey as I never saw this error.

If I ask you silly things, please don't be bother, because I would like to reconstruct with you all the steps that you made. From my experience, you no need to install WUT manually, and , only one time I faced the problem was the version of the source code sm64 from GitHub, but AbooodXD solved immediately.

1) First in which OS type are you compiling?

2) How did you install the DevKit Pro?

3) Where did you install it (tells exactly the address folder place)?

4) Where did you placed the SM64-port folder (tells exactly the address folder place)?

5) Did you modified something from this GitHub sm64 folder?

6) The MSYS2/MINGW64 did you installed separately?

In meantime, I will try to compiling from my side with he latest GitHub source folder, to be 100% sure that the problem it's not somewhere else.....

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

View attachment 310781

View attachment 310782

--> I started with
[wiiu-fling]

Best,
TuF
Ok @Fladulator , the problem it's not you , the problem seems to be in the latest GitHub source files....

It gives me the same error like your as below:

src/pc/gfx/gfx_gx2_window.cpp: In function 'void gfx_gx2_window_exit_callback()':
src/pc/gfx/gfx_gx2_window.cpp:80:5: error: 'KPADShutdown' was not declared in this scope; did you mean 'WPADShutdown'?
80 | KPADShutdown();
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~
| WPADShutdown
make: *** [Makefile:910: build/us_wiiu/src/pc/gfx/gfx_gx2_window.o] Error 1

I believe @AboodXD , he need to figure out if in the cooding mistackenly replaced the WPADShutdown function with KPADShutdown, or something else .....let's wait him about ;).

In the meantime I give you the working source files, please download here: https://we.tl/t-ojI613rvc2 , it's 10 and half MB , the Forum doesn't permit me to attach here, as it's too big file. Please, download this .zip file and unzip it, use this source folder to build your port and please let me know....

Reactions: Fladulator

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As other said: Really detailed error description. That's great! :) There's just one thing missing to help you:
When I try to install wut via the command make install it won't do the job and just gives me an error message.
What error message? Without it all I can do is shooting into the blue and with that I would say it's a permissions issue so try sudo make install

//EDIT:
I believe @AboodXD , he need to figure out if in the cooding mistackenly replaced the WPADShutdown function with KPADShutdown, or something else .....let's wait him about ;).
No. The error message sais KPADShutdown() couldn't be found so you need to update WUT by compiling it for youself as this function has been added at the fourth of February 2022 while latest WUT release is from the first of November 2021.

Last edited by V10lator,

Fladulator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First of all: thank you very much!

4) Where did you placed the SM64-port folder (tells exactly the address folder place)?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MS Windows 10, 64bit

After following the tut I set the environmental variables like this first:
DEVKITPRO=/opt/devkitpro/
DEVKITARM=/opt/devkitpro/devkitARM
DEVKITPPC=/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC
WUT_ROOT=/opt/devkitpro/wut
and then I moved on using the line pacman -U https://downloads.devkitpro.org/devkitpro-keyring.pkg.tar.xz.

The tutorial said that these specific lines had to be added to the config file:

I did a restart of msys2 mingw64 afterwards and then I ran the command pacman -Syu then, pacman -S devkitPPC devkitARM cmake. I opened the gpg.conf file in D:\msys64\etc\pacman.d\gnupg in a text editor added the line keyserver hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net followed by a restart of msys2.

Every other step was followed according Abood's tutorial on the discord but since it's partly outdated I searched within the whole discord thread to find further additions and stuff like using https://web.archive.org/web/20200705125529/https://fling.heyquark.com/ instead of https://fling.heyquark.com, pacman -S wut wut-tools instead of pacman -S wut-msys2 for getting wut, etc.

So the path for my DEVKITPRO is this: D:\msys64\opt\devkitpro.

I created a subfolder called WiiU in which I cloned the github repo into. I navigated into it (cd commands) and typed make VERSION=eu

nope.

I took care that I installed the 64bit version in the first place and I only used mingw64 for all of the steps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if I am writing partly nonsensical stuff since this is my very first touch with anything compiling related :D I just tried for several hours yesterday, read a lot of stuff, searched for answers online and did as much research as possible for me to this point right now. I slowly learn what most of the commands mean but I'm still a noob :D

I appreciate your help very much :)

Thank you!

Best,
TuF

Reactions: CrisMod

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As other said: Really detailed error description. That's great! :) There's just one thing missing to help you:

What error message? Without it all I can do is shooting into the blue and with that I would say it's a permissions issue so try sudo make install
@Fladulator Don't overlook this post, please. Your environment is almost correct but you need to compile WUT for yourself so we need to solve the make install issue only.

Fladulator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

In the meantime I give you the working source files, please download here: https://we.tl/t-ojI613rvc2 , it's 10 and half MB , the Forum doesn't permit me to attach here, as it's too big file. Please, download this .zip file and unzip it, use this source folder to build your port and please let me know....
Nah, I read somewhere yesterday, that I have to update wut manually but I couldn't figure out how to do so as described before. I don't know how to compile this either. These are my very first steps.

The sudo commands didn't work for me. It always shows me bash: sudo: command not found. Is there anything I have to set up first?

The error message mentioned was:
1653125749556.png

In this case I tried
make
sudo make install
make install

I don't even really know what I'm doing here. I'm just trying to understand and learn.

No. The error message sais KPADShutdown() couldn't be found so you need to update WUT by compiling it for youself as this function has been added at the fourth of February 2022 while latest WUT release is from the first of November 2021.
That's what I also read but didn't find a solution on how to update it manually/compile it for myself so I started trial and erroring my way through it :D

Best,
TuF

Fladulator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Fladulator Don't overlook this post, please. Your environment is almost correct but you need to compile WUT for yourself so we need to solve the make install issue only.
I didn't overllok it. I'm just posting in a slow pace currently because i try to recreate the scenarious I went through yesterday so no possible important information is missing :)

Reactions: V10lator

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Fladulator , please download the source files that I wrote the link above in my post, and you can build it, trust me, I already made the tests and the problems are the source files from GitHub!

Fladulator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Fladulator , please download the source files that I wrote the link above in my post, and you can build it, trust me, I already made the tests and the problems are the source files from GitHub!

Sry, I forgot to mention it. I did and it worked flawlessly. Thank you very much :)
After playtesting I only recognozed that the German text is a little bit messy. Is this fixed in the newest?

So after all I've read to this point, I think wut will be the key here. I just need to know how to make it :D

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wut-tools is not wut! So try the following:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/devkitPro/wut.git
cd wut
make
make install
The first command will copy latest wut sources from github to your PC. Second command will switch into the directory the first one created an the other two are hopefully familiar already. ;)

BTW: The issue on the picture is: "no makefile found", so whatever you have there in the wut-tools folder isn't meaned to be compiled with make.

//EDIT:
the problems are the source files from GitHub!
No! The problem is outdated WUT. You're just masking the problem but not fix it.

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sry, I forgot to mention it. I did and it worked flawlessly. Thank you very much :)
After playtesting I only recognozed that the German text is a little bit messy. Is this fixed in the newest?

So after all I've read to this point, I think wut will be the key here. I just need to know how to make it :D
Good , so now it's working.

What can I see , it's that you didn't install by the devkit pro exe file from devkit pro because your address files it's under Mingw64. Usually the devkit should be installed under C:/ or D:/ (doesn't matter) but after that devkitpro folder and then all the rest of the files including Mingw64. Mingw64 from devkitpro it's already well set for the Wii U pacman libs. If you install mingw64 separately you have to set everything manually, will be different Mingw64 that come from devkitpro.exe and will be a mess.....

Also the command it's not sudo (sudo it's for Linux) for Windows it's pacman .....

Fladulator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wut-tools is not wut! So try the following:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/devkitPro/wut.git
cd wut
make
make install
The first command will copy latest wut sources from github to your PC. Second command will switch into the directory the first one created an the other two are hopefully familiar already. ;)

BTW: The issue on the picture is: "no makefile found", so whatever you have there in the wut-tools folder isn't meaned to be compiled with make.

//EDIT:

No! The problem is outdated WUT. You're just masking the problem but not fix it.

So I did. I cloned the git into the devkitpro dir where the wut folder is stored. I renamed wut into wut_old before I did the clone command.

1653126869512.png

1653126898902.png

So if this is right now it should compile the newest nightly of sm64ex, right? :)

Thank you both so much!
I'm going to test it out now.

Reactions: CrisMod

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Good , so now it's working.
By masking the problem away. Please stop this false hints.
Also the command it's not sudo (sudo it's for Linux) for Windows it's pacman .....
Pacman is a package manager, sudo is a command to switch the user. Completely different things and nothing with Win or Lin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Us 40-50+ yr olds made it without phones or internet, and now kids freak out without having either. We would roll marbles for fun, no joke!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I played a little bit of snowday I'd say it's worth $10
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Then i should kill myself for being young
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty whatever, lets be a little more dramatic. I'm just saying times have changed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Talk about suicide really should be in the tos it's getting a little out of control in the shitbox I get people go through things but it's really a sensitive subject that shouldn't really be public
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Did you ever talk to your grandma or big brother about your feelings? If not you def should. It's ok, nobody is hating on you, you just should not be afraid to ask for help. Everybody at some time in they life goes thru things, and most are afraid to ask for help, but you should.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You could get some asshole in here that's all like do it do it and someone actually does why it should really be against the rules imo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i'm too coward :cry:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No reason to be afraid. It's more cowardly to not admit that you have issues. I have issues, lots of them, but better to be honest, and open up to someone you trust, so you can work thru those issues together
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    To add there really isn't much help you can get online we gets an escape but if you really want things to get better professionals have those resources
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Tbh I have some confidence issues
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The internets for information life is forever
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Confidence is something I didn't have till my mid 20's, so don't worry, it will come. Just be yourself, and if others don't like it, F em! Your true friends will like you no matter. I was a chubby kid thru school and got teased all the time. Many nights I remember sitting in bed crying thinking about being teased at school. Even made excuses to Mom trying to get out of going to school.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I was teased for being skinny just as bad as larger people do
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I have few friends
    still skinny. and at 52 yrs old I still hear shit like "eat a sandwich!"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Be happy with those few friends larger groups are dangerous
    Bitch. I'll out eat most people any day. lol. I eat entire pizzas, chips, baked goodies, giant ass steaks, whatever. I eat all the time and never gain weight.
    Difference between now and being a kid & teen ios how I handle those people. lol. I used to let people walk all over me.
    Now its like. Eat a sandwich? Excuse me? Did I approach you and tell you how fucking ugly you are? No? Okay then. Buh buy now. lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I used to care what people thought of me, now, I could give two shits. You get what you get like it or leave it!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can call me ugly we know already
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Please talk to family about it, no reason to be ashamed, we all have issues in life. I bet your brother has had the same feelings as you at some point, he would relate. Not doing anything or asking for help only makes things worse.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @Xdqwerty Please talk to family about it, no reason to be ashamed, we all have issues in life. I...