Hacking Super Mario 64 multiplayer mod doesn't work on Wii U VC, but it does on Wii's...

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find this strange, but... it just doesn't work at all.
It just crashes after the file select screen with the Mario 64 config, and doesn't even load the title screen without it.

The most confusing part of it is, even with its notoriously bad compatibility, it is available for the Wii's VC as a WAD file, and works fine on it. Honestly, I think this is one of the few times something works on Wii VC, and not Wii U's...

In this case, I'd blame the config files - they seem to have specific memory addresses, quickpatches, etc that all refer to a Mario 64 ROM, and therefore don't work with the multiplayer mod.

The part I'm most confused about though... why is it that the Wii U VC needed so many different quick fixes and such, and the Wii's didn't?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wii u version isn't a direct port of the wii emulator so it will have different compatibility. It doesn't matter if it works on wii vc because this is wii u vc.

Also you kinda wasted your time as this has been reported like ten times that it don't work.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty much all I do.

To be honest, though, I'd bet it'd be possible to at least get somewhere with it, if we edited SM64's config to change values to ones that work with the mod.
Someone already went throught the hassle of making a ini that would work and matches the values. http://pastebin.com/jFFP5EfU

Considering the game is using hacky emulators (which the wii vc would be) I'm not surprised it doesn't work on the more accurate wiiu vc. Hell the thing doesn't even work on official hardware so no way wiiu vc would work.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone already went throught the hassle of making a ini that would work and matches the values. http://pastebin.com/jFFP5EfU

Considering the game is using hacky emulators (which the wii vc would be) I'm not surprised it doesn't work on the more accurate wiiu vc. Hell the thing doesn't even work on official hardware so no way wiiu vc would work.

...that's just a Banjo 2 INI. The Mario 64 ini has a lot of different patches in it, and I think if all the values were changed to match, something could possibly work.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...that's just a Banjo 2 INI. The Mario 64 ini has a lot of different patches in it, and I think if all the values were changed to match, something could possibly work.
So basically your saying that because it tells the emulator that the game being ran is Banjo 2 it instantly means it is Banjo 2's ini?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically your saying that because it tells the emulator that the game being ran is Banjo 2 it instantly means it is Banjo 2's ini?
It's the ini that has Banjo 2 on it.

By SM64's INI, I mean this. It has a lot of specific addresses and such, which could likely be changed accordingly with the multiplayer mod (or any other SM64 mods that don't work)

skarmachild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know of a method to get mario 64 multiplayer working on a wii u? The not64 forwarder i use makes both gamepad and wiimote assigned to Player 1, and cant seem to select Player 2 for any controller :/

SrAgustinGT

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello, what ini file do I have to use for the kaze emanuar sm64 multiplayer and also the base? And what is the recommended base for SM64 multiplayer that does not have split screen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended