'Super Mario 64' is now natively playable on Android without an emulator

Super_Mario_64_Android_GBAtemp.png
The Super Mario Bros. franchise recently celebrated its 35th anniversary, which was accompanied by a series of game announcements to a new Game & Watch console. While Super Mario 64 was announced for the Switch as part of the celebration, how about playing the game on your Android device? And no, not on an emulator with performance and scalability but natively?

This is now possible thanks to the work of XDA Member VDavid003. With the effort done on rewriting the source code in the programming language C, Super Mario 64 has been ported to Android (and also as a WIP on Dreamcast). VDavid003 has created a GitHub repo that you can use to compile an APK version of the game on your PC or directly on your Android device. For it to work, you must provide your own copy of Super Mario 64. You can follow handy how-to guide from XDA developers in the source link or in the spoiler below:

1. Get Termux app from Google Play Store.
  2. Install required dependencies inside Termux:
    Code:
    pkg install git wget make python getconf zip apksigner clang
  3. Clone appropriate repository with git:
    Code:
    git clone https://github.com/VDavid003/sm64-port-android
    cd sm64-port-android
  4. Copy the game's baserom with Termux. You must provide your own copy of the game.
    Code:
    termux-setup-storage
    cp /sdcard/path/to/your/baserom.z64 ./baserom.us.z64
  5. Get SDL includes:
    Code:
    ./getSDL.sh
  6. Start the build:
    Code:
    make --jobs 4
    You can increase the value of the “jobs” parameter depending on how many CPU cores you can devote to the building process.
  7. If things go well, the resulting Super Mario 64 APK should be found inside the “build” folder:
    Code:
    ls -al build/us_pc/sm64.us.f3dex2e.apk

:arrow: SOURCE
:arrow: GitHub Repo

superfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After i compile the apk then try to run it i just get an error message "app not installed".
Can anyone help? Im on an S10 and compiled it using termux.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
the source code was leaked I believe, which is why it's popping up everywhere.
No.

most of these come from Leaked Mario 64 Source Code, they branch from Mario 64 EX

so +1 for the Hack Community on Using Nintendo's own Source Code to make a Better Mario 64 Experience then the one Packed in 3D All-Stars
.... no, they don't come from there.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
maybe ill just block you to save myself from argument with an idiot
Ok.

BTW, developer of the Wii U port here and I can tell you that you are the idiot for thinking the EX fork has anything to do with the Gigaleak.

Have fun ignoring others just to not come out clean and admit fault, only to show off yourself as a moron.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded