nloding

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I loaded up Super Mario 64 DS last weekend for some quick easy playtime over the holiday weekend, and found that it was not running correctly. I have the Trashman release of it (I believe that's what I used), and it shows on the DS-X Compatibility List to be fully working. I have no flashed by DS-X since I got it when it was first released.

The game starts normally and all into videos work fine. Then when Yoshi wakes up at the beginning of the game, I try to run with him, he's in super-slow-motion that never speeds up. And then all of a sudden there will a burst of speed, the game will work fine for a minute, then slow down again.

I'm wary about upgrading the firmware and losing compatibility with a few games (and I don't care to play Pokemon, which is the big reason for the upgrade).

Any thoughts? Bad ROM?

ejp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ummn, not sure if this is the same with the real cart or not, but using the direction controls causes yoshi to move slow when playing on my R4, however there is a dash button (look at options --> controls) which if you hold it down will cause him to speed up).

Also you can make him move fast using the touch screen to move him around.

Is this the same as the retail carts ? Or is it an flashcart problem ?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
That's what the game's like. The touch screen is analogue control, so you can make him run or walk. Using the d-pad makes him walk, using the d-pad and holding run makes him run.

nloding

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had thought that's what the problem was, but holding the dash button was still slow-motion ... the character poses and bends down a little like he's running, but it's super slow. I think I just got a bad copy of the ROM, if it was even actually the Trashman release.

No problems though, my cousin just gave me his copy of SM64 DS because he hated it, so I'm good!

Now if only I could master using the stylus as the control ... I have trouble slowing down to a walk ...

I was thinking of somehow attaching the last 1/4" of a stylus to my thumb and holding the DS like I would an N64 controller .... too dumb?? LOL

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT: Never mind, I'm an idiot
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it