Super Mario 64 DS in Super Mario 64

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Phant0m123, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Phant0m123
    OP

Phant0m123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2017
    United States
    Hi there, I was wondering whether it is possible for someone to port the DS only levels from Super Mario 64 DS into the rom of the original Super Mario 64. This would be a great addition to the original, as the DS version's botched controls put me off buying it. Considering someone managed to port almost all of Super Mario Sunshine into Super Mario 64 DS, I'm sure someone with some dedication could it the other way around. Thanks in advance!

2. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Are the controls really that bad? Plus if you emulate it I'm sure there has to be a USB controller option somewhere!

3. ChaosBoi

ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    California
    Considering the game works pretty well on a 3DS with the circlepad controls, I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to just to use a controller with the joystick configured for directional movement instead for a similar experience.

4. SANIC

SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence

Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    How were the controls bad?

5. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    DS doesn't have analog stick so movement is mapped to the 8-direction D-pad.

6. Phant0m123
    OP

Phant0m123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2017
    United States
    I mean, I could play it, see where you guys are coming from, but like some of you said, since it was on the original DS it was limited to only 8-direction movement. I was only asking if it was possible. Thanks!

7. Retinal_FAILURE

Retinal_FAILURE GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
  8. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    OP, you ARE AWARE that you can use the bottom screen as an anolog stick in place of the d-pad, RIGHT!?!?!?

Retinal_FAILURE likes this.