Homebrew Super Mario 64 (1996) Port for DSi

DenisKincses

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I don't know why, but it doesn't work. Everytime I opened the port it didn't work, yes, I am using a DSi and using this in Twilight Menu++, and almost broke my sd card. What's wrong with it?

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know why, but it doesn't work. Everytime I opened the port it didn't work, yes, I am using a DSi and using this in Twilight Menu++, and almost broke my sd card. What's wrong with it?
There are problems launching it with TWiLight, or at least there were before it was "fixed" by an update that made it load through Unlaunch instead. I'm also not sure how the recent DSi mode support has affected compatibility here. Since you're on a DSi, I recommend launching it directly through Unlaunch, or via memory pit.

Reactions: banjo2

Dre4mR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
I realized that TWiLight's BOOT.NDS / CIA is able to boot this if you put it at "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/main.srldr" so I tried editing it slightly to make a CIA that would boot "sd:/SM64.nds" and it works too, so I figured I'd upload it here incase anyone wants it. Better than having to set up Memory Pit on your 3DS just to try this out lol. Also, surprisingly the booter.nds file works from TWiLight so you can also just load that from TWiLight and it'll boot sd:/SM64.nds too.

Here's a QR code for the CIA:
qr.png

Attachments

• booter.7z
    104.6 KB · Views: 161

Dre4mR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I realized that TWiLight's BOOT.NDS / CIA is able to boot this if you put it at "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/main.srldr" so I tried editing it slightly to make a CIA that would boot "sd:/SM64.nds" and it works too, so I figured I'd upload it here incase anyone wants it. Better than having to set up Memory Pit on your 3DS just to try this out lol. Also, surprisingly the booter.nds file works from TWiLight so you can also just load that from TWiLight and it'll boot sd:/SM64.nds too.

Here's a QR code for the CIA:
View attachment 261720

I just tried it with TwilightMenu ++ and it's amazing! It also works perfectly with saves and has no problems. It would be perfect if it also had an icon with a mario face and a writing that says "Super Mario 64 YA-HHO!" :rofl:

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news!

The next version of TWiLight Menu++ will remove the Unlaunch requirement, resulting in the port running on both DSi (with or without DSiWarehax) and 3DS consoles!
Make sure you have moved the save data .bin file to the same location as the port's .nds file, before updating.

Poudink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can this be built on Windows 7? The instructions ask the use of Docker Desktop, which doesn't seem to work on Windows 7.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to get a romhack onto the DSI with this port?
A person named JesusYoshi54 on YouTube made a romhack decompiler to extract the level and object data of all romhacks that don't use ASM hacking to be recompiled as native ports, but the only issue is that it only supports the main builds of the original port, which are Switch, 3DS, PC, Linux, and Wii U. If you're versed in programming you could probably figure out how to merge the two repos to compile a hack as a DSi build, but I personally encountered build errors when I tried to import any romhack data into the DSi repo.

BeetleGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A person named JesusYoshi54 on YouTube made a romhack decompiler to extract the level and object data of all romhacks that don't use ASM hacking to be recompiled as native ports, but the only issue is that it only supports the main builds of the original port, which are Switch, 3DS, PC, Linux, and Wii U. If you're versed in programming you could probably figure out how to merge the two repos to compile a hack as a DSi build, but I personally encountered build errors when I tried to import any romhack data into the DSi repo.
Alright, thanks anyway!

enderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am extremely interested in this. i'm doing my own research now. i will follow up when i hit a snag. thank you for this!

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So what are the differences over the DS port and the 3DS version? i know the latter has 800px mode, anti-aliasing and such, but i don't care much for that.

Ahmeteled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
Can someone use the same way that genius did to port SM64 to port GTA 3?
*I could've made it a thread but can't cuz I'm new*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Sicklyboy I was reading your post on the lgbtq batman