Gaming Super Mario 3D World set to release on November 22

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uhh... no, it was not. It was quite fun and challenging, for me at least. Actually, I consider it the most challenging 3D Mario ever made. The tropical setting might be a little repetitive, but it was a refreshing installment. It had very tight controls. The secret levels were my favorite. I don't get all the hate surrounding this game. The only think I hate about it are those annoying blue coins. It felt like a bit rushed (it was) but definetly is was NOT garbage.

The controls were broken, the level design is horrible. The tropical setting as you said, was dumb. The god awful camera system. Just the entire game was and is the black sheep of the franchise. Even Miyamoto said that it's definitely not that good and he regrets shipping it the way it was.

oddMLan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not said the tropical setting was dumb. Maybe it was, because the lack of variety in the thematic of the levels. They could have improve that, a lot, agreed. But I sort of liked the tropical setting. Maybe is was not a traditional thing for a Mario game to have. Also, excuse me? The controls were good in my experierience. I could control Mario very tightly, and also I felt it had one of the best on a Mario game. I agree, the camera controls were awful, I forgot. Also, when Miyamoto said something like that? But definetly, for an Open world Mario platformer I really liked Sunshine, overall it was a very enjoyable experience for me. It is my 2nd favorite Mario game (Super Mario Galaxy 2 comes first).

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolf-snake ; ShadowSoldier
I'm not really opposed to it, I'm opposed to it's looks. I'm okay with how it's suitable for children and people with seizures, headaches with the 3D feature on. But simply, it can be turned off, making the 2DS slightly useless.
Oh, and there's going to be so much confusion at retail. Most parents think that there are 2DS games.

i could be wrong but i dont think the 2ds is really designed for people that already have a 3ds, as you said you can simply just turn the 3d off. what the 2ds is tho is a cheaper alternative to the 3ds, this can be good for people that cannot view 3d properly or may have just avoided buying the 3ds cause they dont care about 3d and figured it would be pointless to buy a 3ds and keep the effect off. myself i have a 3ds xl and never use the 3d effect, i always seem to get a double vision effect with it even at lowest 3d setting, so I just play in 2d. I do think nintendo made a mistake in making the 2ds non-folding, does it really cost a lot more money to have the 3ds type design? or were they just trying to be different?

Damian666

Coder from Hell
Trophies
Website
damian666.16mb.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did not said the tropical setting was dumb. Maybe it was, because the lack of variety in the thematic of the levels. They could have improve that, a lot, agreed. But I sort of liked the tropical setting. Maybe is was not a traditional thing for a Mario game to have. Also, excuse me? The controls were good in my experierience. I could control Mario very tightly, and also I felt it had one of the best on a Mario game. I agree, the camera controls were awful, I forgot. Also, when Miyamoto said something like that? But definetly, for an Open world Mario platformer I really liked Sunshine, overall it was a very enjoyable experience for me. It is my 2nd favorite Mario game (Super Mario Galaxy 2 comes first).

good, im not alone, sunshine was a great game :)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The controls were broken, the level design is horrible. The tropical setting as you said, was dumb. The god awful camera system. Just the entire game was and is the black sheep of the franchise. Even Miyamoto said that it's definitely not that good and he regrets shipping it the way it was.
glad i'm not the only one who hated sunshine.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd buy this game if it was for 3DS but WiiU, fuck no Nintendo,
I ain't buying your shitty console.
Well, you'll learn to like it if you want this game so badly. I mean, what's so wrong with it? Is it because of the controller? Is it because you fail to see the irony of feeling like DS/3DS on a big screen? Or is it because you're too cheap to buy a new console? I mean, the hate on the XBoxOne before their DRM removal was justified, but why on this when it's not restrictive and is starting to have good games?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
See I hate comments like this.

"I'd buy this game... but I dont want the console"

Then you don't want the game that much. Why in the hell would Nintendo release it for the 3DS? It makes zero sense.

Because it's a sequel for Super Mario 3D Land(which is a 3DS game)

Well, you'll learn to like it if you want this game so badly. I mean, what's so wrong with it? Is it because of the controller? Is it because you fail to see the irony of feeling like DS/3DS on a big screen? Or is it because you're too cheap to buy a new console? I mean, the hate on the XBoxOne before their DRM removal was justified, but why on this when it's not restrictive and is starting to have good games?

Wii had no 3rd party support and WiiU walks in the same direction.
I'm not gonna buy a console just for Nintendo games.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because it's a sequel for Super Mario 3D Land(which is a 3DS game)

New Super Mario Bros was on the DS but it was brought to other consoles. Mario Kart was on console but was brought to handheld. Same with Mario Tennis, Mario Party... you're excuse is invalid.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
New Super Mario Bros was on the DS but it was brought to other consoles. Mario Kart was on console but was brought to handheld. Same with Mario Tennis, Mario Party... your(fixed for you) excuse is invalid.

You asked why would Nintendo release it for 3DS and I gave you a perfect valid reason.
It would be logical to have a sequel on the same console, such as Mario Galaxy 2.
There is no "excuse", all I'm saying is, I would buy if it was for 3DS.
3D Land worked fine on 3DS, there is no reason for not releasing it on 3DS.
Why not make it a multiplat like Smash Bros?
I'm saving money for PS4, no way I'm going to buy a WiiU,
especially with PS4 release date so close.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Honestly, I wasn't too fond of Sunshine up until E3 and then I remembered how precious the older 3D Mario's are. Now I hold on to it tightly.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sunshine wasnt bad, it just wasnt very good either. It did have solid platforming, but it just wasnt a "mario" game....if you know what I mean. Honestly they should have created a new IP for sunshine.

KuRensan

aka Pearbook
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
They really should show more off this game :T maybe even a eShop Demo. I liked 3D land except that the levels were a bit short and easy (at the end I had about 127) I really liked that there were 16 worlds. And about Sunshine, I didn't really enjoy it that much just because the water gun was really annoying to use (at least for me) but maybe a sequel would fix that :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs