Gaming Super Mario 3D World on Switch has a different running speed. Any way to replicate it on Wii U?

Souperman9

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It´s not so easy to make these changes working properly on WiiU, dude.

This function of having faster moving characters was disabled in Mario 3D World for WiiU. For a good reason!

A lot of patching is required in order to get this function without bugs or stuttering.

And the question is: Would you program that? Can you even handle Assembler? No?

Without assembler you can forget it. Not gonna working.

The result would be the same as gettting stuttering 20-25 fps in GTA III (instead of 60 fps in Mario 3D World).

Currently it´s much better to go through this step-by-step.

I´m currently finding solutions on getting the OS of WiiU tremendously faster (10x speedup!)...

And that will take some time.

It´s quite easy if you understand how the system actually works to get this done (and i reckon this is exactly what they did when the WiiU-OS got faster in early WiiU-development)...

But if you don´t know how this system works, it´s hard.

But there might be a little risk of bricking...The question for me is: Is it worth it speeding up the OS-loading itself by 10x?

And i say. Yes it is. The system would not fully brick. But it could be it semi-bricks.

Which means i have to use recovery to get it working again.

Well. No risk, no fun, right?

You're not even a good troll. Why bother sending all these messages?

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In theory it should be possible to use the faster mode on WiiU too, yes. But without appropriate programming (which rules out 99% of users here, except myself, i could easily do this if i had the time to do so) you won´t get this running. pretty much without knowledge about Assembler, you can forget this on WiiU. Which rules out all guys which can program in C/C++ or graphics only.

It requires more than just modding that game.

and since people don´t want me to post here i´m not going to tell anything here.

I`m programming on my own now. And not sharing the code.

And the next question would be: How much would this be worth it to you?

Since i´m not programming stuff for free. Many people here aren´t programming stuff for free. They are collecting money...over time. and then they use it to get necessary equpiment to program that stuff people want.
Yo. Can we ban this bruh? there's not knowing what's going on but still trying add something to the conversation, that's perfectly fine and a pretty human thing to do. But to come here and try to convince people that you're right because you say so is just the worse.

Reactions: GerbilSoft

Crazynoob458

That Reshiram
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i dont know much about the wii u but wanted to butt in to the conversation
I cannot do magic. But i am working on a method now to make the OS-loading 10x faster. Which would make the OS load about as fast as the Wii was.
that will take you to reverse engineer alot of the wii u's code

There are severe I/O-issues on "standard-written-software" on WiiU. No matter which program you choose.

Sorry i can´t explain it better.
the entire level is loaded into the ram of the console so that "severe I/O issues" will happen during the loading screen

Reactions: GerbilSoft

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."