Gaming Super Mario 3D land only 3ds game that 3d actually WORKS?

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well don't title your thread with a clickbaity title like:
"Super Mario 3D land only 3ds game that 3d actually WORKS?"
and expect to not be criticized for your opinion that you're presenting as a fact.

I personally love the 3D effect in almost everything I've played that has it, and I rarely turn it off, but you don't see me making threads called:
"All 3DS games use the 3D Effect PERFECTLY?"
and there in the thread say "Anyone who disagrees with me is wrong because I'm so far up my own ass I'm blinded by my own shit."

GBATemp is a forum, not an echo chamber of your own opinions.

Anyhow, back to the topic directly, I really do love the 3D effect and the New 3DS just makes it even better, that sweetspot is what most people seem to complain about, and the New 3DS really hits that nail on the head. 3D land is one of the better games to use the 3D Effect, but I also enjoy it greatly in Majora's Mask 3D, loved it in Mario & Donkey Kong: Mini's on the Move, and more recently I've been enjoying it in Kirby Triple Deluxe. I'm quite excited for Kirby Planet Robobot.

No one asked for your smart aleck response. I Can and WILL title my thread however I want. No one asked for your opinion here,you are not an ophthalmologist. You are not even a moderator on the forums,I don't care to hear your opinion I already states that. Your responses have been rude,disrespectful,and not helpful in the least. Maybe you should see a neurologist to see why you constantly come off as rude,it could very well be a neurological disorder which I won't get into here.

GBAtemp is a forum,not an echo chamber of your own opinions.

Last edited by funnystory,

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3D in Pokèmon battles on O3DS are horrible, it drops in FPS so badly.
Gotta love how NTR CFW on New 3DS lets you help fix this by setting it to use the New 3DS clock speed.

That is a really valid criticism of the 3D though, it does suck battery life down fast and lag games that aren't well optimized for the effect.
The New 3DS helps with that significantly- but still, every time I find myself turning the 3D off, it's because of lag or my battery is low.
x_x

No one asked for your opinion here ... Maybe you should see a neurologist to see why you constantly come off as rude,it could very well be a neurological disorder which I won't get into here. GBAtemp is a forum,not an echo chamber of your own opinions.

I was just seeing if it's possible you just weren't seeing the 3D effect properly. Clearly you see it fine but just don't like it, and that's fine, but don't throw a fit because I disagree. And yeah, this IS a forum, making a thread at all is asking for people to post in it. You don't get to dictate who posts in your threads or not because you don't like them or their opinions. Feel free to hit the ignore button if you don't like me or my posts, nobody is stopping you. Seriously though, that bit about saying I have a neurological disorder is just outright cold, man.:mellow:

And you call me the rude one.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta love how NTR CFW on New 3DS lets you help fix this by setting it to use the New 3DS clock speed.

That is a really valid criticism of the 3D though, it does suck battery life down fast and lag games that aren't well optimized for the effect.
The New 3DS helps with that significantly- but still, every time I find myself turning the 3D off, it's because of lag or my battery is low.
x_x

I was just seeing if it's possible you just weren't seeing the 3D effect properly. Clearly you see it fine but just don't like it, and that's fine, but don't throw a fit because I disagree. And yeah, this IS a forum, making a thread at all is asking for people to post in it. You don't get to dictate who posts in your threads or not because you don't like them or their opinions. Feel free to hit the ignore button if you don't like me or my posts, nobody is stopping you. Seriously though, that bit about saying I have a neurological disorder is just outright cold, man.:mellow:

And you call me the rude one.

I respect your opinion,however you kept insisting for 3 posts straight that my vision is damaged. That is extremely annoying to me because you are essentially saying I have a visual disability,you keep saying it like you were licensed. I don't mind your opinion about 3D at all,I welcome those responses. What i do not like is you insisting over and over that I have bad eyesight. I already said I did not and what did you tell me? "Go get checked again" How do you expect me to feel about those comments?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I respect your opinion,however you kept insisting for 3 posts straight that my vision is damaged. That is extremely annoying to me because you are essentially saying I have a visual disability,you keep saying it like you were licensed. I don't mind your opinion about 3D at all,I welcome those responses. What i do not like is you insisting over and over that I have bad eyesight. I already said I did not and what did you tell me? "Go get checked again" How do you expect me to feel about those comments?

Well, I only made one post that suggested it could be your eyes, actually, other people did, but I figured maybe there was some other problem, maybe even a problem that's only indirectly vision related, like the 3DS being too far away or too close to see the effect properly. Most people don't get their vision checked often either which is why I suggested that if you are having headaches caused by the 3D there could be a legitimate vision issue going on that you just don't want to confront. Most people who get headaches from it I've met are holding the 3DS to close to their face, and that can actually cause more eye strain. The only post I even made mention of your eyes in was the first post I made in the thread. :unsure:

One of the more annoying problems I find is that some games shoehorn the 3D into places it doesn't belong and that's really the only problem I have with it. Case and point, Cave Story 3D.
cs3d117.jpg

This was the first game I bought when I got my 3DS, I still have it to this day, with the sleeve and everything, and despite it being a very good remake of a very good game, the 3D is really really just a gimmick to sell the game to you again. It's totally unnecessary and I'd say it even slightly diminishes the experience, although I'd still say people should give it a try if they REALLY love Cave Story.

Reactions: funnystory

k3rizz3k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, So far the only game I've actually liked 3D in is 3D land. That being said, I've only played a small part of the library, and Persona Q is on my list to play soon, so I can give a better opinion then.

Reactions: funnystory

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, So far the only game I've actually liked 3D in is 3D land. That being said, I've only played a small part of the library, and Persona Q is on my list to play soon, so I can give a better opinion then.

The 3d land 3d effect was really well made,I usually feel like the 3ds effect is gimmicky in certain games and forced.

k3rizz3k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hated it in the pokemon games, really only because it seemed like everytime I turned it on, I'd get hordes.. and the game would go apeshit.

Noelemahc

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Persona Q does a few nice tricks with 3D, yes. Like Etrian Odyssey (same dev team) it's pretty to begin with, but unlike Etrian Odyssey and like SM3DL, it uses pop-out 3D a few times to great effect, to contrast the pop-in 3D it (and literally every other game that isn't SM3DL) uses in normal gameplay.

thewarhammer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
TBH Resident Evil Revelations is one of my favorites, the 3D really makes the backgrounds feel bigger and have more depth, adding much more to the immersion. Games like Kirby Triple Deluxe and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D also works really well with the 3D effect because of the level design.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: