ROM Hack Super Mario 3D Land - Model Importing

D

Deleted User

Hi all; sorry to bring back a relatively old tutorial, but I seem to be having trouble exporting just the bones in Brawl Box.
I'm following every single step correctly, however when I try to import the DAE in Brawl Box, the program just crashes, and then closes, and it seems to be a repeating thing...

But then I saw the little red disclaimer at the bottom of the tutorial saying that the Brawl Box step might not be required? So there is a different method to exporting just the bones only that's not through Brawl Box?

Any help would be greatly appreciated; thanks!

ILoveUnity

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hah! dae rymes with bae!
upload_2016-6-18_11-17-25.png

try just not importing into brawlbox

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

hah! dae rymes with bae! View attachment 53328
LOL SO FUNNY
¬_¬
try just not importing into brawlbox
I actually managed to get it working with an eariler version of BrawlBox, but your advice was kind of... bad. :sad:
I mean, how else would I have exported the bones? No hints were really dropped... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But don't worry about it anyway... I got it working and got bored of it a few hours ago already, lol. ;)

ILoveUnity

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL SO FUNNY
¬_¬

I actually managed to get it working with an eariler version of BrawlBox, but your advice was kind of... bad. :sad:
I mean, how else would I have exported the bones? No hints were really dropped... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But don't worry about it anyway... I got it working and got bored of it a few hours ago already, lol. ;)
OOOOOOOH what did you make man

D

Deleted User

OOOOOOOH what did you make man
I have a 3D model variant of my avatar I was gonna swap the Mario model out for, but I was having trouble applying textures in 3DS Max (I'm a 3DS Max noob! :P) so I scrapped the idea.

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3D model variant of my avatar I was gonna swap the Mario model out for, but I was having trouble applying textures in 3DS Max (I'm a 3DS Max noob! :P) so I scrapped the idea.
So you weren't able to make the model then? How did you even get a 3D version of your avatar?

D

Deleted User

Oh that's pretty cool!! I'm wanting to import a Kid Goku model into my game but I have no idea where to start. Is the tutorial in this thread outdated or is it still good to use?
I think this is still the definitive tutorial to use. I don't think there are any new methods for model swapping as far as I'm aware. (Although I have heard about model swapping tutorials for Pokémon games, but I think that may use the same or a similar method; I'm not too sure).

BlueBlur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yo thanks for the quick guide, it and the animation files helped me make my Steve model import! (it's on gamebanana, i cant post a link here)
A tip though, turn off "loop" on the StarStart/StarEnd material animation files otherwise you end up with an infinite star power glitch

NGT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something I’ve been working on.
I got shading working thanks to a new version of EFE that allows material exporting.

All I need to do now is get visibility and material animations working to make star shading, blinking and making hair disappear at 3x crown lives. But as theres no way to export those I have no idea what to do.

If someone knows how to export material and visibility animations from a bcmdl please let me know.

Reactions: Don Jon
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    im wayyy too skinny, im like 160 pounds and my height is 6'2
    Gift
    my friend once told me "bro if the wind hits you right you're just gonna fuckin disintegrate"
    Gift
    @SpazzyShinobi I mean, hey, that's not too bad, as long as you aren't like obese or anything
    Gift
  • SpazzyShinobi @ SpazzyShinobi:
    I'm trying to claw myself out of a depression right now and losing weight is part of the process. It'll take me a while, though
    +1
    Gift
    Sorry if that's tmi. I'm still new and I'm not sure about the rules yet
    Gift
    the rules dont directly forbid saying stuff like that, just don't talk about like nsfw stuff and you'll be fine
    Gift
    Some places don't like users talking about depression and mental health stuff
    +1
    Gift
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i mean who likes hearing about depression and mental health stuff?
    Gift
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    it's just part of life
    Gift
    It's part my daily life. It is what it is
    +1
    Gift
    i remember i was in this discord server that said "no discussing your feelings" not even mental health or anything just your feelings in general
    Gift
    "im really happy today"
    "get the fuck out"
    Gift
    I don't think it's possible to get to know someone without talking about feelings. Some people are weird
    +1
    Gift
    People seem to be mostly cool here, except for in the politics forum. Took one look at a thread in there and noped out
    +1
    Gift
    Don't worry, I won't actually talk about politics in the chat lol
    +1
    Gift
    not to get political or anything but wtf is oatmeal
    +2
    Gift
    I've heard once that oatmeal is used to seal cracks in cabins for the winter
    +2
    Gift
    also why tf is it called "final fantasy" there are like 20 of them
    +2
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    some dude keep having fantasies and saying he can stop whenever he wants
    +1
    Gift
  • DoctorBagPhD @ DoctorBagPhD:
    iirc because they legit thought it was gonna be the last game they made
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    ok but wheres the first fantasy
    +1
    Gift
    Square-Enix should make a game called First Fantasy
    +1
    Gift
  • DoctorBagPhD @ DoctorBagPhD:
    I guess that would be The Death Trap on the NEC-PC?
    +1
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    square enix’s actual final game will be first fantasy
    +1
    Gift
  • KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie:
    Too much green what is this Grove street
    Gift
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: Too much green what is this Grove street