Super Mario 3D All Stars gets new update that adds support for the new N64 controller on Switch

aaaa.png

If the Super Mario 3D All-Stars release of Super Mario 64 wasn't feeling authentic enough for you, it might now. Nintendo has put out a new update for the game, which adds support for the Nintendo Switch Online N64 controller. It goes along with the previous update that came out last year, which allowed players to use the GameCube adapter to play Super Mario Sunshine with that controller option. Of course, having an NSO N64 controller to use with the new update might be a bit of struggle, considering they're all sold out until next year.

:arrow: Source

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Sega's... Detriment, I think they started off pretty well as a third party with the Xbox and releasing things multi platform. Not like many of the games on the platform used their hardware to its fullest. They only tumbled cause of the same issues from before they were a third party: not knowing what they're doing, especially with their franchises.

Nintendo not only fills the handheld space but also many things I don't think would transfer to other hardware. It's part of their flair. Ask for them to be better, not a third party.
Their console hardware has more or less always been a generation behind and okay, I'm fine with that, what I'm not is their greedy/scalper attitude towards genuine customers.

When Mr. Iwata (RIP) was around things seemed to run a lot better and smoother and back then Nintendo had the GameCube controllers in stock for a long time. Now? Once they sold out during pre-orders they weren't seen again.

Don't forget that digital limited edition bullshit of Mario 3D All-Stars.

I still love Nintendo despite all this.

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Their console hardware has more or less always been a generation behind and okay, I'm fine with that, what I'm not is their greedy/scalper attitude towards genuine customers.

When Mr. Iwata (RIP) was around things seemed to run a lot better and smoother and back then Nintendo had the GameCube controllers in stock for a long time. Now? Once they sold out during pre-orders they weren't seen again.

Don't forget that digital limited edition bullshit of Mario 3D All-Stars.

I still love Nintendo despite all this.
I'm not too upset regarding the production of these controllers, gaming world is in a rough spot for manufacturing right now.

No excuses for Mario 3D All-Stars. Even if it was just a limited physical release, why delist it online?

Iwata years may have not been scalpers but it's not like those were the best years for Nintendo outside of that. But this is probably worse because at least then they still felt like they had "soul," for lack of a better word.

We have limited productions, features missing from the 3DS, drip feeding, and what products we do get are of lesser quality.

Last edited by Tsukiru,
Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.