Hacking Question Super Mario 3D All Stars Datamined - All Three Titles Use Emulation

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 16,737
  • Replies 44
  • Likes 10
D

Deleted User

OP
  • All three are emulated

• Galaxy and Sunshine run under a Wii and GameCube emulator named "hagi"(?) possibly made by NERD (Nintendo of Europe division)

• Mario 64 is running under an N64 emulator

• Galaxy in particular is really interesting. It appears they recompiled the original code to run natively on the Switch CPU, but everything else (GPU/Audio) is running in the emulator.

• The Wii/GC emulators use Vulkan

• Sunshine is stored as a gcm file - should be replaceable
About the N64 emulator:

• Shindou Pack ROM is used

• Texture, code, and text translation patches are applied on the fly

• First person camera has inverted controls vs original

• Uses Vulkan API
forwarded from https://mobile.twitter.com/OatmealDome/status/1305774812170727426?s=19

Hope this Opens the door for rom injection to run other GC and Wii Games

update: some games tested with emulators:

Data miners and modders are currently working to dissecting Mario 3D collection to add more N64/GC/Wii games

Working at the moment:
Zelda Wind Waker (USA)
Mario Kart Double Dash (USA)
Metroid Prime (USA)
Zelda Twilight Princess (USA)
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (USA)
Luigi's Mansion (USA)
Zelda OOT/MQ (USA)
Soulcalibur 2 (USA)
Tales of Symphonia (USA)
Star Fox Adventures (USA)
F-Zero GX (USA)
Paper Mario - TTYD (USA)
Pokemon XD - GOD (USA)

source: Piracy website, only one person claims they work, will update if videos are shown for proof

Last edited by ,

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo probably has plans with this emulator for n64 online. Mario 3D all Stars is probably a test run with it. Wii and gamecube might also soon be a thing for the switch.

Edit
Not 100% but I think the only gamecube emulator on switch before this, is only on the android side.

Last edited by fst312,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nerd = nintendo of Europe research and development? it would explain the fact that the sunshine gcm is the pal version or so I've heard.

D

Deleted User

OP
nerd = nintendo of Europe research and development? it would explain the fact that the sunshine gcm is the pal version or so I've heard.

the EU release has 50/60 Hertz, for usa well its the US release

i am sure in a few days ill see all my favorite GC gamnes on a Russian switch site, they always repacked all other systems whenever a stable emulator was released

looking forward to play F-Zero X, Mario Kart double Dash, Paper Mario

now i only want them to release Zelda Twilight Princes HD, i am sure it will get a release on next Zelda Anniversary

Last edited by ,
Reactions: username23bob

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about twilight princess, but there's a rumor going around the skyward sword is being remastered. it appeared on some website that sells games, then was quickly removed. I'm sure nintendo is either going to do a price cut or has something big planned for november to compete with the ps5 and series x especially with the series s being the same price.

D

Deleted User

OP
what do you mean by this? like people are working to port it over or its already a W.I.P
Piracy Community tested some games and they worked on nintendo in-house emulator, no video proof to validate the claim, only a list of working titles, ill check the forums in a few days and see if they start posting videos or sharing Atmosphere config files to run and replace games and update here

i wont post links to confirmed working games, only confirm they work with video

its possible to dump the game from xci and convert it into a nsp, and then extract the romfs and compile it back to an nsp, that means u can dump the nca files and modify the contents then rebuild it.
in simple terms, play any rom, only a matter of time for the community to test the configurations to run other games

keep in mind the game was out for 24 hours, in a few days all will be revealed

edit, there are several topics about this, i at the time i was writing it there was only 1 topic {R&D }research, that OP shared info how to setup Atmosphere to replace roms

id rather have someone recompile the GC roms into NSP with the Emulator which is what is being done, like what we used to do on Wii U and 3DS

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
I don't know about twilight princess, but there's a rumor going around the skyward sword is being remastered. it appeared on some website that sells games, then was quickly removed. I'm sure nintendo is either going to do a price cut or has something big planned for November to compete with the ps5 and series x especially with the series s being the same price.

its easy to tell that if Bayonetta 3 & Zeldsa BOTW 2 dont get a holiday releand no new pokemon this year, it leavs us with more remasters

i bet you that they will release Metroid Trilogy and a zelda remaster this Holiday Season by Christmas Time
as for the switch mario emulators, i see more Game Cube rom injections working, no public release yet

Last edited by ,

XBzombieMan1337

Former Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was very curious about if this collection was just purely emulation, seems my assumptions were partially correct. While GC games ARE indeed playable on the switch through RetroArch and a little overclocking (in most cases), it would be really cool to see officially made emulators play other games of the system. Especially Wii games, as those are quite difficult to get working in a playable state on the Switch without some serious modding. Heh... maybe one day I can look forward to playing MKWii on my Switch on the go! :P (Even better, CTGP!)

CedarWood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think one of the engineers behind the retroarch switch port ruled out injecting roms into All Stars. I guess nintendo put their time and energy into preventing that rather than make better ports.

I was very curious about if this collection was just purely emulation, seems my assumptions were partially correct. While GC games ARE indeed playable on the switch through RetroArch and a little overclocking (in most cases), it would be really cool to see officially made emulators play other games of the system. Especially Wii games, as those are quite difficult to get working in a playable state on the Switch without some serious modding. Heh... maybe one day I can look forward to playing MKWii on my Switch on the go! :P (Even better, CTGP!)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
this is spectacular. sucks i just spent money on a wii u tho lol
why the fuck would you buy a wiiu now? :wtf:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the wii u is a fantastic emulation machine.
for wii games yes but for the rest you get a shield tv pro it leaves the wiiu in the dust :P

username23bob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why the fuck would you buy a wiiu now? :wtf:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

for wii games yes but for the rest you get a shield tv pro it leaves the wiiu in the dust :P

i bought it for zelda, wii/gc games and 3d world (before the port was announced lol). i have a shield but it ran gc like shit. i didn’t even try wii haha

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
YOUR RUMOR DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!! I say it's fake, because Nintendo does not even know what Dolphin or Mupen64Plus is! Do you think they use NESTopia and Snes9X for their Nintendo Switch Online NES and SNES games?

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
YOUR RUMOR DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!! I say it's fake, because Nintendo does not even know what Dolphin or Mupen64Plus is! Do you think they use NESTopia and Snes9X for their Nintendo Switch Online NES and SNES games?
I think it is more feasible to emulate other ROMs if a vulnerability is found in the pack, than simply dragging the ROMs replacing the originals. But for this you need to inject or modify the ROMS that you want to implement, and also romfs of the pack. It does not seem that the expert community on the subject is interested in browsing these possibilities, they have never seen the possibility of injecting our own ROMs so stagnant since they tried to hack PS3 and PS4. Perhaps it is partly due to the fact that the emulators are not complete and use fragments of a more complete emulator only for these 3 games. It only remains to wait for the possibility of seeing a Zelda pack and exploring these emulators more.

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I told you that 3D All Stars and Nintendo Switch Online does not use emulators!!!
I don't even understand why does everyone believe this rumor?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1