Hacking Question Super Mario 3D All Stars Datamined - All Three Titles Use Emulation

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 16,779
  • Replies 44
  • Likes 10

GuglioIsStupid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YOUR RUMOR DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!! I say it's fake, because Nintendo does not even know what Dolphin or Mupen64Plus is! Do you think they use NESTopia and Snes9X for their Nintendo Switch Online NES and SNES games?
*Insert neutral face*

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
why tf did it say it merged?

Last edited by GuglioIsStupid,

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I told you that 3D All Stars and Nintendo Switch Online does not use emulators!!!
I don't even understand why does everyone believe this rumor?
Listen, the way I see it, emulators are the easy way out of putting a old game back into the market. Doesn't necessary mean it's bad, but why would you want to waste time and money porting the game when you can slap it into a in-house emulator and it'll work the exact same way. Thus making this 'rumor' highly believable
But sure go off I guess. Dig into it a bit more if you want to find out the truth for yourself.
Still is rather interesting we have an official Nintendo emulator. Might be a little while before we can use it, but it'll probably age like wine once we can.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skyward sword might be like galaxy. there's a rumor of its existence for the switch as it was posted to a website that sells games, then almost immediately removed. that was a while ago though, but the rumor ended up on temp as a news article, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Reactions: KiiWii

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have another proof that it's not emulation: Wide-screen Sunshine.
It is impossible to get wide-screen on GameCube games. So it's NOT EVEN DOLPHIN AT ALL!

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another proof that it's not emulation: Wide-screen Sunshine.
It is impossible to get wide-screen on GameCube games. So it's NOT EVEN DOLPHIN AT ALL!
It's not Dolphin, but it's sorta emulation.
The entire game was AOT recompiled for armv7 or aarch64 (don't remember which) before runtime, so it's a native executable, graphics and audio are fully emulated at runtime.

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is no other emulator than Dolphin. And GameCubes aren't widescreen.

Lesson: Don't believe what you see on the internet. Just because Super Mario Sunshine on 3D All Stars is widescreen, does not mean that it's emulation.

Result: it's not emulation.
They took source codes and ported the source code to Nintendo Switch.

Reactions: Malaixiyaren

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So uh... Is anyone going to test different Gamecube games in this, and make a compatibility list?

from what I've read, someone compiled a list, but no one seems to be able to confirm if it's legit, because everyone else seems to have problems with game injection.

Shahaan

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Reactions: apaltado

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no other emulator than Dolphin. And GameCubes aren't widescreen.

Lesson: Don't believe what you see on the internet. Just because Super Mario Sunshine on 3D All Stars is widescreen, does not mean that it's emulation.

Result: it's not emulation.
They took source codes and ported the source code to Nintendo Switch.
Again,
It is not Dolphin, yes
The game is AOT recompiled, with graphics and audio being emulated at runtime. The emulator is called “Hagi” and was made from scratch in house by NERD. You can dump the game yourself and check it out.

Malaixiyaren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Again,
It is not Dolphin, yes
The game is AOT recompiled, with graphics and audio being emulated at runtime. The emulator is called “Hagi” and was made from scratch in house by NERD. You can dump the game yourself and check it out.
If it is "Hagi nsp installation file" + GameCube Rom (ISO file) = can play straight-away, it is too good to be true.
You probably need in-depth knowledge of GameCube and a lot of recompiliing / porting / tweaking for it to be able to run on the switch.
If it is that easy, RetroArch Switch would have done it already. RetroArch Switch can play N64 by the way.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is "Hagi nsp installation file" + GameCube Rom (ISO file) = can play straight-away, it is too good to be true.
You probably need in-depth knowledge of GameCube and a lot of recompiliing / porting / tweaking for it to be able to run on the switch.
If it is that easy, RetroArch Switch would have done it already. RetroArch Switch can play N64 by the way.
The games cannot (practically) be swapped out.
AOT -> the executable was recompiled for the target arch ahead of time, so the used binary is a “native” program.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here