Gaming Super Mario 3D All Stars: 64 Freezes my Switch

DaRealJake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a legit physical copy of Super Mario 3D All Stars, and when I try and play SM64, it gets stuck on the loading screen. I can't even press the home button or enter sleep mode, I have to hold the power button until it completely powers down. Galaxy and Sunshine both work fine. Some people have issues like this but with modded switches, but mine is normal. I called Nintendo support, and they couldn't figure it out but they submitted a report, and said there might be an update that comes out to fix that soon. I'm considering getting a new copy of the game.
I ended up getting a new cartridge, still freezes. Also I tried deleting the save data, didn't work. When I exchanged the game the people there said that some other people had the same issue.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a legit physical copy of Super Mario 3D All Stars, and when I try and play SM64, it gets stuck on the loading screen. I can't even press the home button or enter sleep mode, I have to hold the power button until it completely powers down. Galaxy and Sunshine both work fine. Some people have issues like this but with modded switches, but mine is normal. I called Nintendo support, and they couldn't figure it out but they submitted a report, and said there might be an update that comes out to fix that soon. I'm considering getting a new copy of the game.
I ended up getting a new cartridge, still freezes. Also I tried deleting the save data, didn't work. When I exchanged the game the people there said that some other people had the same issue.
was the game pre owned or brand new?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
MY SWITCH IS NOT MODDED READ MY POST
There might be stuck bad data. Although it is rare, it does happen.

First, if you use an SD Card, format it, and try again.

If you don’t use an SD Card, or you do and the the attempt did not work, I would format your console (factory reset).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."