Super Luigi RPG

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by loserkidsblink18, Jun 24, 2010.

Jun 24, 2010

Super Luigi RPG by loserkidsblink18 at 11:13 PM (2,804 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. loserkidsblink18
    OP

Member loserkidsblink18 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm running into all sorts of problems. In theory, I thought this would be ridiculously easy, considering I'd be injecting a nearly identical rom into the same wad.

I've patched a ROM of Super Mario RPG with a Super Luigi RPG .ips file. I tried to use Auto Injectuwad Injector v3 to place the hacked rom into the Super Mario RPG NTSC-U file. I end up getting the error message "ERROR: Rom file too large to inject to the selected entry, exiting!!".

Is there an easy way to get over this? Any way I can compress the smc file? Or.. make the wad file larger? [​IMG]

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Just use an IPS patcher to patch your file. LunarIPS should work.

3. loserkidsblink18
    OP

United States
    I guess I should have clarified, I didn't run into any trouble patching the ROM. I have my Super Mario RPG rom already patched and ready to go. It's just injecting it into the Super Mario RPG Wad that's giving me hell..

4. rooskie54

Member rooskie54 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I didn't do much with injects, but at least with N64 using Sin and Punishment as a base allowed more games to be played and larger rom sizes because of Sin and Punishment being a larger rom. Maybe you need to find a different base to use that will allow for a larger rom? I could be completely wrong, so don't take my word for it.

Also will it not play in SNES9x? I stay away from doing injects because it's easier to just use emulators.

5. DunkrWunkah

Member DunkrWunkah GBAtemp's Official Dunkr

United States
    This.
    Emulators are the way to go.

6. loserkidsblink18
    OP

United States
    I'm sure it'll play in SNES9x no problem, it's just the fact that I'm halfway through Super Mario RPG right now. I've always liked official WADs over roms, although I'm well aware of how much more convenient it would be. I just think it would be neat to push a Super Luigi RPG wad out there. Maybe even eventually with a custom banner and everything.

MassiveRican likes this.
  7. damysteryman

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    Auto Injectuwad Injector is out of date, and it won't work on newer (newish) VC releases, since Nintendo has decided to compress the ROM files inside them.

...let's see what I can do for you...

...you haz pm.

8. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Was progress ever made on this? I'd like to see if there is a tool to compress/decompress the rom for this game in particular, since there is a hack inject I'd like to do, and I can't use any other base wad due to the special chip this game has.

9. damysteryman

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Antarctica
    Necrobump?

Was it completed?
    Of course. [​IMG]

It was just never linked to here since it is a wad.

Just use wwcxtool to compress/decompress the rom, and the 00000001.app (the .dol file) if you need to modify it too.