Gaming Super Dodgeball Brawlers ( DS Version..)

Ducky

QUACKJECTION!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Okay ah.. I got it and im playing it a bit ... about 1 hour by now.. But I cant understand the buttons.

How do I jump?
How do I use my power shots?
Any stuff I need to know ?

Could you list all the trick/buttons you know of?

Thanks in advance.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes, hold down A+B to jump.
Pick up the ball with A.
Throw the ball with B.
Run by holding down the direction with the d-pad.

Really not hard to pick up, yo.
huh.gif

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think you actually pick up the ball with B too. B to catch/pick up/throw possibly. A is to dodge I think.

Powershots are done by tapping forward twice to run, and hearing five paces and then hit B to throw.

This is what I remember, sorry if inaccurate!

Suspicion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ducky said:
How do I jump?
How do I use my power shots?
Any stuff I need to know ?

As has been answered already, jump is A + B togeather.

You use your air powershots by running (double press and hold a direction to run) and then jumping, and pressing throw just as you hit the top of the jump. You need to make sure you hit it as you hit the top of the jump, and not on your way down. Still it isn't too difficult to get, but I still don't have a 100% success rate with it.

You use your ground powershots by running, then pressing throw on your fifth step. Easy to do this powershot all the time and I've actually found that they're better than air powershots, which I don't think is normal for the series.

When using custom characters, the special shots are chosen by your birthday. 6th / 11th has the amazing Loop Shot which, as far as I can tell, is by far the best powershot. It's easy to do 15 damage against three opponents with it, and it's not uncommon for me to get two kills with one shot. However I have gimped my character to be like this, since I've given him no points in dodge or jump, as I find them relatively useless.

In order to easily grind experience and money, turn punching and kicking on in Tournament Mode. I'm not quite sure if you still get experience for punching and kicking them when it does no damage (when they have 1 hp) but when I have punching and kicking on (x and y) and I beat them up, I usually up my money to ~1500 / match and experience to ~700 per match.

There's no penalty for holding the ball from what I've seen, so if you're in a close match and they activate their powerup, you can just hold the ball till it's ended, but most of the powerups aren't anything to worry about, aside from the speedup powerup in easier modes, as they make the AI use ground supershots when they usually wouldn't.

JPHRun by holding down the direction with the d-pad.

Really not hard to pick up, yo. huh.gif

Actually, you run by tapping then holding a direction with the d-pad.
Apparently it can be hard to pick up. =P

Edit: Another tip: When they pass the ball over your team members to one of their out-of-court guys, you can jump and catch to intercept it. Happens kinda often.

Edit 2: Safety charm only saves the most expensive item that would normally be damaged, and it only saves one item / game. So it may not be worth it to have 8 ~$10, 000 items on your team.

If some annoying character keeps running up to punch/kick your character when he's near the line, it makes for an easy kill when you have the ball. Wait till he's just at the line then throw the ball, he won't catch it, he'll get knocked on his arse and the ball will return to your side of the court. Rinse and repeat.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run=Double tap direction
Jump=A+B
Punch and Kick= X/Y
B=throw/catch
A=dodge/pass

Super shot...run (listen to the step sound) press throw on 5 steps
Super Jump shot... run(distance don't matter) jump, press throw at height of jump

It's all a timing issue really.

Enter260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow i was just playing it and got really confused but i managed to learn to jump and dash. i also won my first match against he cpu. this thread is really helpful
smile.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a tip for those who are new, others will know this. The devastating run/jump super shot can be a pain to pull off if you just dash the line. While it can close the gap from release/catch it can backfire and you get smoked in their territory.

Try this: Walk to the line, face away, run for second if that, jump away, then press right to face them and release at the top. The motion of doing this makes it much easier to time a shot, and it oddly seems to confuse the AI into thinking nothing is coming (works on people too) and then it's simply balls in your face.
wink.gif

Enter260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there an easier way to pass to a certain teammate? is passing to a different teammate the only way to take control of another character?

dawn.wan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
in the US version how do you choose your special shots??
I created my team and was never asked which specials for whom... am I missing something?

Suspicion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dawn.wan said:
I created my team and was never asked which specials for whom... am I missing something?

Birth date. Month is ground shot, day is air shot, but sometimes certain dates change both.

Rehehelly

Trophies
XP
Country
I always found rising shot to be awesome. You can just hammer it at them, as long as they don't catch it then it goes off the court and you can just throw it back. Rinse and repeat.

dawn.wan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Suspicion said:
dawn.wan said:

Birth date. Month is ground shot, day is air shot, but sometimes certain dates change both.

thanks man... i would have never guessed it.. makes sense now that i think about it... =/ that sucks.

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there any way to switch characters when you're on defense (when you don't have the ball)? For example, when another player has the "target" designation over his head, is there a way to switch to him? Or is it automatic after the ball is thrown?

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More or less little you can do about it. Sometimes you can trick the AI by moving them far enough back the point man gets the icon. This is by design though as they've all been that way and I think it's because you can't see where they are so there's little reason to switch to someone when you got no idea how to place them to be ready to defend. I suppose with the 2 screen game here you could have a radar placement method, but even in the old days a small box would have worked on that matter too.

...and I agree the rising shot was always pretty nice for a single hit ground mover, but Kunio's pass through everyone is nice fun too if you can line em up for like 3 guys taking a fall at once. Airborne stuff I always liked the elevator drop type lob that goes way high, idles some, then smashes you into the dirt as it can be tricky to time for people and the ai and it hits pretty hard.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy a new one, there isn't a repair shop.

I still wish this game had an exhibition mode, but it's ok that you can also just re-roll through the tourny again.

I have not done hard mode, but from doing normal first, then doing easy for kicks I do have to wonder when 1/2 the teams in the games roster will pop up. Perhaps to make it harder they pop up in hard mode and the difficulty just keeps ramping up a bit per round.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...