Hacking Super Card DS one v3, M3 Real

Ta-Razel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've spent the last few days trying to decide on a flash kart to get.

I like the M3 real. i am familiar with it, as several of my friends have it.

but i also like the Super card, however i don't know fully about it. I have read the review of it on GBAtemp.com and it looks promising, and i can get a good price on GameYeeeah.com. I would however like to hear some comments from people who actually own one.

is it a reliable kart?
does it run smooth?

if not the Super Card, which kart should i get. I'll tell you i am only looking for a Nice solidly built kart that will last, will run smoothly, can play most games, and is SDHC compatible

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CycloDS Evolution. It is hands down the best flashcart I've used. I haven't used the M3 Real so I can't compare the interfaces, but the Evo has a good interface, and the best feature set of any DS flashcart. The SCDS1 has a similar feature set, but it has a horrible interface, and most of the features require more messing around than they do on the Evo.

The M3 Real + M3 GBA expansion has about the best feature set for GBA games, just not for DS games.

From the carts I've actually used, I'd say the Acekard 2 if you want something cheap, or the Evo if you want to pay for the best.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Reliability: yes, very robust, doesn't break or corrupt memories. Run smooth: yes, can support multiple operating systems, the other 2 systems are running even smoother than the M3 Real's(by smooth I mean how well they cope with slow memories)

What the M3 does that Supercard doesn't: built-in slowdown support
What the Supercard does that the M3 doesn't: multisave, realtime save, slowdown CAN be added through a special cheat file, in-game enable/disable cheats, in-game guide(read text files while playing), soft reset from homebrew

If you have the money to get an M3 I suggest getting a supercard.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Actually, Sakura is the best GUI (sleekest, touch responsive, cleanest and prettiest) currently of all carts!!
It also has implemented media reader inside so it allows you to watch movies, listen to music, read eBooks or view pictures from within the GUI..Using it with GBA expansion makes it the fastest GUI without the doubt (GBA expansion improves speed a bit, because Sakura is the first firmware that can use expansion RAM to ease up processing)..

CycloDS and SuperCard DS ONE have more/better options, but SC DS ONE has clunky firmware....CycloDS on the other side has all the features and great firmware, nice clean and fast!!

If you're planning to play GBA games also, you'll get best compatibility with M3 Real Perfect bundle (by using Sakura firmware, you'll get fastest GBA flashing to slot 2 cart)..
PharaohVizier reviewed the EZ Flash V Plus, so you might want to check it out!
http://dsdatabase.org/ezvplus.html

gate0247

Trophies
XP
Country
is there a thread debating why everyone is saying cyclods is better than supercard dsone?

granted the cyclods gui is better and faster but seriously how much time you actually spend on the gui before launching a game?

what about features and rom compactability?

cyclods cost more than supercard?

if memory serve, supercard is the first to bring out real time save and cheat, then cyclods copied it?

please note, i am not starting a war, just wanted to know what the fuss is about
wink.gif

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It's better because CycloDS is the ONLY cart with such level of activity on their forums.....They talk directly with the customers, listen to suggestions and improve based on that..
Cyclo has all the features as SuperCard but it's firmware is really far superior..
ROM compatibility is now at 100% with almost every slot 1 cart!!

Just because SuperCard brought RTS and cheat or RTG first doesn't mean that Team Cyclops copied it..They had people that developed those functions for Cyclo! (if copying features like that would be possible, every cart on the market would have same features)..

ANd don't thing I'm starting a war!! I'm just answering.......My cart of choice is M3 Real!! (but I use CycloDS also!)

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
So the cyclo gets real time game guides about year and half after all the supercard range got it including slot-2's and suddenly it has ALL the features the SCDS1 has ?

Not yet supercard haters, not yet.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The SCDS1 gets the great features first. They were the first to get RTS, RTG, Homebrew Soft-reset, just right off top of my head.

But SCDS1's slow GUI (Not as slow as everyone claims, but it is indeed slower than the other carts), and the lack update on the GUI itself is very disappointing. However, I find that Supercard team's way of doing things, is that fixing the cart, by putting in even more features. It's major cons are the Slow GUI, cheats getting cut off if it has over about 12 characters, Weird Save names, Ugly green text for Cheats and RTG, each game has its own cheat file instead of just one massive file, which means that there are thousands of files to unload, etc, and having to do download new file to update it's database fairly often. Those are the things I can think of.

Still, the Supercard team is very well known in the flashkart industry, and is known for updating their oldest carts, even to this day, so they're very reliable, although they don't answer questions on their forums like they do with the Cyclo team.

If you can afford it, get the CycloDS. It's superior in almost every way now.

If you can't afford a Cyclo, but still want features like RealTime Save, Realtime guide, slow-mo, and don't mind the few annoyances and a slow GUI, get the SCDS1. It's pretty cheap, and has a reliable team.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
ANd don't thing I'm starting a war!! I'm just answering.......My cart of choice is M3 Real!! (but I use CycloDS also!)

Yes, the M3 Real is pretty under-rated if you ask me, people say that DSTT is better and so on. The old firmware wasn't even that bad but Sakura is very nice.

Ta-Razel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow i think i will just get the cyclo. it seems ever single post has something along the lines of..

"if you have the money, get the cyclo"

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
xJonny said:
Yes, the M3 Real is pretty under-rated if you ask me, people say that DSTT is better and so on. The old firmware wasn't even that bad but Sakura is very nice.
Yeah, the old firmware kinda killed the name, so Sakura did improved it a bit, but people still have bad thoughts about it!!
It's my favorite flashcart, although I used lots of them and ended up with one CycloDS and one M3 Real (both with 4GB microSDs)..
It's a great cart, from a great, long standing and very known team!!So I think it's really good choice, the only thing is that it lacks those extra features that Cyclo and SuperCard have, RTS, RTG, multisaves..)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I didn't know they made an MSU cart for the Genesis.... I knew about the SNES one and the...