• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Super Bernie World is a game that definitely exists

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
General gaming discussion? News? Politics? Where can this even go, this little weird game and its PR email that I got today? Probably most fitting to put it here, because I just...it needs to be shared. The fact that it exists lol.

Here's the press release that I got for it:

Super Bernie World, an electoral activism platformer rendered in classic NES style with nostalgic chiptunes from Gamedevs for Bernie and publisher Kitsune Games, has landed for free on Windows via Steam and in your web browser on Itch.io.

Play as Bernie Sanders and dodge MAGAmbas, Mitch Troopas, ICE Bullets and Tiki Torchers to enact a political revolution. Eat Vermont cheddar cheese to grow larger, toss red roses to clear the way, and become invincible with the power of Bernie’s iconic fist. Collect votes in 12 states and take on the president of the United States himself.

Super Bernie World’s main menu includes information on ways to support Bernie’s real-life campaign for the presidency with time or money.

Mitch Troopas. ICE Bullets. Mushrooms are replaced with Vermont cheese. Bowser replaced by Republicans. Final boss is Trump. Riffing on Super Mario World even though it's stylized like Mario 1. Because why not. Why not, in this wild and crazy world we live in?

Ride the power of memes and video games to the white house, my friend. Godspeed, Super Bernie

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1258040/Super_Bernie_World/

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay...it's funny. But what's the relevance, exactly? A reskin of a Mario game with some funny tropes is a cheap shot at something important.

There certainly are good political games (I'm thinking of democracy 3 or the latest iteration of The political machine)...this ain't one of 'em.

...but okay: I giggled when I saw this:
Super-Bernie-World.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP9YR4BXrzA