Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
France
Hello,
SunDEV is now only composed of one coder : me (aka as Ludo6431)

So i started to code SunOS but i have school so i can't work a lot on SunOS.

Moreover the previous website host had a problem, they lost our previous website.
I created a new one hosted by google : http://sites.google.com/site/sundevds/

I decided to open the source i wrote for SunOS here : http://code.google.com/p/sundevos/
and decided to recruits contributors.

So the core of SunOS is written, you can test it : http://sundevos.googlecode.com/files/SunOS...029_01H11M50.7z
(SunOS_nitro.nds is a standalone binary that works well on emu)
(SunOS.nds and the data directory should be copied to the root of your memory card and "might" work on your linker)

Thanks a lot

Ludo6431

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dare say kernel development is one of the hardest forms of programming there is so I would suggest the basic questions if you want to attract programmers, I am not ready to try my hand at this but

What sort of kernel?: microkernel, monolithic, hybrid and so on and so on.

What is the aim?: full fledged user OS, basic hardware API set, more user level API set, hypervisior, runtime of sorts, "headless box" OS........

Is it more of a toy OS?: not really extensible but comes with a handful of apps, think DSOrganize or some of the more basic file operation apps.

Why should we care if we already have DSlinux? (not meant to discourage, perhaps a rephrase to what does this do differently to DS linux?). Likewise it has already been shown that DSlinux can be used as a wrapper of sorts (the fsck "port")

Why should we care if we already have moonshell? (I am seeing a more apps built/recompiled for the moonshell plugin architecture).

If you are aiming at programming level OS: we already have lua and a few similar languages right through to palib and I would argue devkitpro/devkitarm also offer a lot in the way of hand holding. Why is your project worth the time?

I am a "developer", if you are aiming at "emulating" multitasking (we know the DS can not multitask but you can put an interrupt in there to pull your loader back if necessary) and moonshell does not cut it for me why is this set to be any better than soft reset and using my carts own loader and a homebrew folder or indeed one of the other homebrew loaders (if the DSi with inbuilt soft reset of sorts continues to rise this becomes an even more important question)?

SunDEV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
France
A desktop (with shorcut icons).

A gtk-like windows manager (with a gtk_main call in the plugin that stop the execution of the plugin (something like fibers)). => no multithreading

A packages manager (like linux's ones (a package is an archive with files and (un)install rules)).

Tomdev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow it's pretty amazing that you have a working plugin system. I tried this once, but I had no luck.
happy.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cool. Any idea when you may have a "finished" release?

EDIT: BTW, dont want you to feel like I'm rushing you or whatever, just curious as to when you anticipate being done. Seems like a pretty huge project.

SunDEV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
France
@SifJar :
It depends mostly on the contributions of the contributors, i can't give you a forecast.
I think i'll publish some pre-releases with more and more features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: