1. Dillan-kun

Dillan-kun Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Playing on desmume i found a bug on Fang's parliament quest! The quest "Assassination Plot" when Elnadita reveals to be the culprit, the game freeze everytime! I confirmed the bug three times!

Attached Files:

• Bug.PNG
      Bug.PNG
      File size:
      115.7 KB
      Views:
    Pablitox likes this.
  2. Dillan-kun

Dillan-kun Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Found some text errors!
    Image 1 "Cave Crystal" quest.
    Image 2 "Ultimate Fish Dish" quest.

Attached Files:

Pablitox likes this.
  3. Englishsubs4all

OP Englishsubs4all Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have no idea why this one is happening. I tested that quest on DesMuMe 0.9.12 x64 and it worked fine. Make sure you're not using any cheats and that you're not using turbo mode and see if it works then.

4. Dillan-kun

Dillan-kun Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I using desmume 0.9.11 and no cheats or turbo mode! so i don't know what happen, sorry!

5. Dillan-kun

Dillan-kun Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Ok the quest worked now, i activated the advanced bus-level timing and now worked, sorry for the trouble!

6. Dillan-kun

Dillan-kun Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Forget about this, i tested several times, and the bug doesn't happen when i just save the game and start the event, i don't know why!

Attached Files:

Last edited by Dillan-kun, Oct 14, 2017
    Blobbio likes this.
  7. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    Haven't logged in for quite a while (been extremely busy with university classes, especially Japanese ones ironically), seeing this only two weeks after the fact makes me disappointed in myself. Either way, I now know what I shall be doing this weekend, thanks for the work you've done so far. ^^

Blobbio and Pablitox like this.
  8. Blobbio

Blobbio Member
    Newcomer

Been trying to manually insert the translated text for the scroll at the start using Crystaltile2, but it's looking a bit wonky at the moment...

Someone else could probably do a better job (I couldn't seem to fix the alignment). The file is called "St_Ev_Scroll_100.bst" in the 'shellscreen' folder, if anyone wants to try.

My edited file can be downloaded here

Last edited by Blobbio, Oct 14, 2017
    DarthDub, Skelletonike and Pablitox like this.
  9. Blobbio

Blobbio Member
    Newcomer

On a totally different note, for some reason the game keeps freezing when I try and save in the Undersea Corridor, at the blue save-point right before the boss battle. The screen goes black and the music freezes (similar to the other times).

It doesn’t seem to happen every time, but has happened for me 3 times now in this area (I’ve been trying to grind, but I keep losing progress!)

The screenshot I’ve attached shows the area in which it happens (the video wouldn’t be that helpful, since it’s just a black screen)

Attached Files:

Pablitox likes this.
  10. Blobbio

Blobbio Member
    Newcomer

I beat the game quite a while ago (over a month) but doesn't seem like you'll be doing any more patches, so I doubt it would be worth posting about stuff I encountered. It was nothing game-breaking anyway, just very minor typos that no one would care about. For the record, ridiculously fun game that I can imagine going back to (it's rare that you get such a satisfying, oldschool turn-based RPG nowadays)

In the chance that you're reading this though, how likely do you think you'd be to pick up Summon Night 1-3 on DS? I think there's still a translation tool lying around that someone made years ago, IIRC.

Beat Summon Night 6 recently and there's clearly a huge amount of lore and interesting backstory in the series. Got a real craving to play the games we've been missing out on :/ Might be an interesting project for you as well, if you want to understand the origins of the series/world.

Last edited by Blobbio, Dec 26, 2017
    Pablitox likes this.
  11. Pablitox

Pablitox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Argentina
    actually it's only SN 1 and 2. 3 to 5 were released on the PSP.

12. Englishsubs4all

Newcomer

United States
    I have the tool you're talking about. I'm not keen on doing it right now because the extracted text isn't in a translator-friendly format and unlike with SNX, there's graphical text that's essential to playing the game (all the battle menus are graphical text, for example). That tool was created in 2008 by the same person that created the tool for SNX, so don't count on the tool being fixed any time soon.

13. TheGuyMadeOfTofu

TheGuyMadeOfTofu GBAtemp Fan

So this was the secret game you mentioned in that one other thread. Well shit. Thats 1 more less from the list of games ive been wanting to play.

14. Pablitox

Argentina

If it helps, I have all the story scripts ripped and available on a google drive folder. A bunch of stuff has been translated already too.

15. Blobbio

Blobbio Member
    Newcomer

I really hope he gets in touch with you, since that would make translation a bit easier >___<

And I'm sure people would be willing to help with the graphics...

Pablitox likes this.
  16. Duke_Alucard

Duke_Alucard Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I don't know if the project still open but... There is a bug were the game crashes and the emulation is automatically closed when u try to select the skill "Miracle Jump" from the summon Dolfie the bug happens no matter how you try to look at that skill, even in the upgrade screen when u press R at the previous skill. Is sad cause in battle u can use it and says if u upgraded would heal all status ailments ;-;
    Print Summon night 2.png Print Summon night.png Print Summon night 3.png

KainLegacy535 and Pablitox like this.
  17. takechiyo

takechiyo Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    omg so excited at this game

18. Englishsubs4all

Newcomer

United States
    See if the attached patch file fixes the issue with Miracle Jump. Be sure to back up your ROM first, since this is untested. If it works, I'll add it to the first post.

Attached Files:

Duke_Alucard likes this.
  19. Pablitox

Argentina
    thank you!! I'll test it out too!!

20. Duke_Alucard

Duke_Alucard Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I'm sad to say didn't worked ;-;

[00:40:47] Original file "4370 - Summon Night X - Tears Crown (JP).nds" selected.
    [00:40:53] Patch file "summonx-test.xdelta" selected, description found:

Summon Night X Dolfe fix test

[00:40:54] Applying patch, please wait... (don't panic!)
    [00:40:55] An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, Summon, ~Tears