Summon Night X: Tears Crown (DS) new trailer

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Jul 23, 2009.

Jul 23, 2009
  1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    The new Summon Night game is coming soon to Japan- Summon Night X: Tears Crown. This time, it's a traditional turn based RPG in classic style apparently. I assume this new trailer was unveiled at Comic Con this year. Bandai Namco is making it. Have a look-

Coming November 5th, 2009 in Japan. No word on a US date and not sure if there will BE a US release. Here's hoping though if the game is good. Played and liked two of the GBA games.

http://thenintendo.com/2009/07/summon-nigh...rs-crown-video/

2. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    The video is too blurry...I can barely see the gameplay. [​IMG]

But from what I can see it looks like a good game with a nice battle system [​IMG]

3. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    I want the artbook, most likely sold separately or in a special edition bundle. The character link attacks are almost like Kimino Yusha's but more stylized and awesome.

4. moose3

Member moose3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well from the anime cutsceens of the game, it looks like we at least have main characters that have been through puberty, and supporting characters that might be *gasp* almost in their 20's! Baby steps towards older main chars? (pun intended)

Now to wait and see if it gets localized, then see how good the game play will be.

Though wasn't the GBA games 'Summon Knight'? From the few battle segments, it looks to be based more on the summoned creatures, instead of the player actually fighting, hence the name alteration? Makes me think it should be altered a bit more to Summoner Night [​IMG]

5. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    I liked the one with RTS better. Too bad they're not continuing with that formula.

6. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    atleast we got a summon game for the ds... it was expected to come sooner or later though