ROM Hack Summon Night Swordcraft Story: Beginnings Stone

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
As mentioned my changes affect all types of text equally. It's about the same limit.
Yeah, VWF would need to tackle the areas I avoided. So I won't be the one doing it, nether it think it is really needed, for me 36 char per line is a good number.
I think the strings like weapon material can be solved using the 24x12 bitmap trick we used previously. When We have the insertion tool working I'll take a look a that again.
It is not like we have more space, it is still 36 per line, it is more like we are able to pack our text better.

Thank you Earth! :) That's nice to hear. So the next step is get that insertion tool working properly, so the proofreaded text can be inserted. I say it's a good idea!

Last edited by Pablitox,

izokamax

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Argentina
hi pablitox, im new to this forum, and not very good with english, but im from argentina too, anyway i love this games, started like 10 ago im 28 now XD im very exited to play this translation :)
if you can send me a message and we talk in spanish would be mor easy to express jajasdjkasd

Last edited by izokamax,

Lasiace

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hey, I also just wanted to pop in and say thanks as well, for everything you guys have been doing. It's been a really long time since this project started, and it's truly an amazing feat that you guys have managed to stick with it for so long, not to mention all the work that went into it. The dedication you guys have had to the project has really been something else. I'm sure all of us who have been watching this project are incredibly appreciative of it.

P.S. As a programmer it's still really impressive to me how low-level and assembly programmers are able to think of these outside-the-box solutions to problems, so that ASCII fix is something I really respect.

Tsukuyomi

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks a lot for all the time and effort you have put into this, guys. I just recently became aware of the Summon Night series and, after breezing thru the first two, I really wanted to try the third installment, since the whole franchise is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

Now, I'm sorry if this is sounding rude or impolite (I assure you that's not my intention and is far from what I want, but I guess it came come across like that -in which case, I'm very sorry-) but I saw that the links on the first page are no longer working... are there plans to get them back up? I'd really like to try this game out and it seems as though you guys have really nailed the translation, so it would be a shame not to try it myself.

Again, thank you very much for working so hard bringing the game to the English-speaking word. Extremely appreciated :)

~ Tsu.

PS: I'm not sure if I would be able to help much (Japanese ain't exactly my thing) but I'd be interested in giving a hand, even if by only making people aware of the patch :)

Last edited by Tsukuyomi,
Z

zeropain

but I saw that the links on the first page are no longer working

If you are looking for the latest patch file (which is not the final one) the mediafire link on the first page still works.

Last edited by ,

Tsukuyomi

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks, man. It finally worked!

That's so weird, though... it kept giving me error and deleted messages.

Wouldn't be the first time MF has pulled that trick on me, though haha.

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello everyone! A few updates from our current programmer, @EarthDarkness :

After figuring out what changes I made to ritchburn's tools to patch and add support to ascii I decided It's better to send you a patch with the ascii table already created and a single function instead.

Patch has been updated on the first post. Fews word of advice: The scripts for day 0 do not reflect the current state of the art translation. I used the ones I had with me.

For now this is the fun stuff, now onto the script inserter:

-No more <colon>,<swung_dash>,<greater_than>,etc...
All ascii characters from 32 to 175 included are directly supported and don't need tags. that includes numbers as well.

-The only text tags are the name variables and 2 wide symbols (three dots, heart, black dot, music note, left arrow)

-The variable tags need to be aligned to 2 wide so the text: "Ab <player_name>" has length 4+player_name_max_length (when we add the tag to "Ab " we need to pad it to "Ab "<with 2 spaces> to be able to add the tag). This does not happen with the other tags.

-The tag <center> will be used to center text of all kinds.

-The scripts that have the tags are still supported since I wrote a simple text swapper to change them to the characters.

-As I said I do support the extended ascii chars up to 175. That said I did not create the font for them. If someone what to create it I can add it later, but I'm not using my time to make.

A bug of the script inserter will be corrected:

Well I found out half the problem with the script 1834d0c.

The rundor name is wrong. That text is the same for every partner. There is a weird fork that just sets the summon portrait and that is unexpected for my code (I guess... I don't remember exactly how I did the logic but I don't remember planning for this).

Apart from that there is a huge chunk of the script that was not exported, but up until that point all text is properly exported with the wrong partner name.

The tools inside the drive folder will be updated to add ASCII support. Once it's ready I'll post for everyone to use/try.

That's all for now!!

Cheers!

Jhago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello everyone! A few updates from our current programmer, @EarthDarkness :

Patch has been updated on the first post. Fews word of advice: The scripts for day 0 do not reflect the current state of the art translation. I used the ones I had with me.

For now this is the fun stuff, now onto the script inserter:

A bug of the script inserter will be corrected:

The tools inside the drive folder will be updated to add ASCII support. Once it's ready I'll post for everyone to use/try.

That's all for now!!

Cheers!

Wow, that's quite something.

When he says "The scripts that have the tags are still supported since I wrote a simple text swapper to change them to the characters.", and considering you already updated the patch, I assume that means even with the changes most progress won't be lost, correct?

Also, does that mean that any non-alphanumeric symbol had to be done with a tag before? Damn...

Last edited by Jhago,

Tsukuyomi

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I was just able to try out the translation on the first post (before the latest update was added).

A tip of hat to you, guys. This is brilliant :)

Reactions: Pablitox

Farfetch20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello guys i wanna ask how can i play this on 3ds? i tried to apply the patch and change it to .cia,but when i play it its just blackscreen.

Zoske

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd need to install the patch to the original Japanese version of the game, using something like NUPS or XDelta.
We do not support downloading the rom, though, as that is illegal.

Edit: Also fixed your post.

Thanks for the advice and for the help

Last edited by Zoske,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father