ROM Hack Suikoden Tierkreis Undub Infos here

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the most part I agree, a poorly done silent protagonist can be a real hindrance, but then there are games like suikoden 2 where the main character rarely said a word, yet I still felt like he was a fairly deep character, just from his interactions with the other characters, namely joey and nanami..

anyway..

Thanks Simbatsu! I'll give it a try, and gukid, i'll try your font as well..

EDIT: Holy crap, I can't believe how much better gukid's font is, if you are going to open up the rom do yourself a favor and use his font..

Jugiatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sinbatsu said:
So far the rest is fine, around 50 hours gameplay when visit Cynas for 2nd time.
Here's the link, if someone can make the duplicated voices silence, it'll better.

http://www.mediafire.com/?byzxm42jzwd

There's also note about offset of duplicated voices there.
If someone have further progress, please test it.
Thank You.

What exactly does this file do? I havent even begun playing the game yet. Is this a replacement for the in-battle voices or the in-game/overworld voices? Also, kudos to releasing a new font patch for this game. The one they used by default sucks.

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
asterion said:
i'm about 3-4 hours in already, can i still change my font + add new translation patch?

yes, your changing the files in the .nds, you arn't touching your .sav at all

QUOTE(Jugiatsu @ Mar 22 2009, 08:42 PM) What exactly does this file do? I havent even begun playing the game yet. Is this a replacement for the in-battle voices or the in-game/overworld voices? Also, kudos to releasing a new font patch for this game. The one they used by default sucks.

it's an updated pointer table, that hopefully will fix the desynch problems with the undub in the op.

sinbatsu: where in the game do the sound clips repeat, in relation to the values in the note? I would like to poke around with it.. I don't really know much about hex editing, but i might learn something playing around with the values..

edit: nevermind, i found the first one..

Everon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to ask, but which ds_data_hed.sdat do I need to replace? The one in the ex1 folder or rom folder?

Edit: Thanks guys!

Kerian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sinbatsu said:
So far the rest is fine, around 50 hours gameplay when visit Cynas for 2nd time.
Here's the link, if someone can make the duplicated voices silence, it'll better.

Thank You.
I think this file can also be used with the Japanese Rom. That would fix the pointer and restore battlevoices.

I also edited the first post.

Henduluin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there any chance of the battle voices being implemented in the English version, or is it better to switch to the Japanese version while I'm still early on in the game?

At any rate, thanks for all the hard work so far.

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
Kerian said:
sinbatsu said:

Thank You.
I think this file can also be used with the Japanese Rom. That would fix the pointer and restore battlevoices.

Does it have to say they have "no life"? I like to think they should be applauded for their diligent, arduous work in the name of a great cause.

As for the hypothesis regarding inserting the European text instead into the Japanese version in order to restore battlevoices, which text governs the menu choices? I'd like to poke around in this as well. I'm assuming the text folder so far, and that we have to rename things around.

Seems really good so far. Too bad the broken, unfinished desyncing version is being distributed. Save data appears incompatible though.

AshenPhoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
** Seems it only works with english text files, so if you want to play with any other **
**language you need to follow the instructions on the first page using the european **
**rom as base, meaning you won't get battle voices
frown.gif

I'm playing with English text in the Jap version and will be in Magedom soon, haven't had any problem so far. (Had to start over when I switched to the Jap version
frown.gif
) Battle voices, script voices and english text works so far.

If anyone else is thinking of trying it you may want to play with this font:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zdddmzd44tj

You'll know why if you try it without it.

And this is how I did it, maybe some unnecesary steps but since it has worked so far I've not tried changing it.

1. Unpack Eu and Jap version.

2. From the EU versions Data\Rom\ folder move over starname.bin, town_thumbnail.bin, wad.bin, misc.bin, slide.bin, face.bin, eye.bin, areatext_*your choice*.bin
EDIT: ** AND RENAME THE AREATEXT FILE TO AREATEXT.BIN ** (But without the caps
tongue.gif
)

3. From EU versions Data\Rom\Text\ move over gd_textres_*your choice*.txrc As well as the 01, 02, 03 files of the same language, and change the language extension to jpn. Ex. gd_textres_jpn.txrc.

4. From EU versions Data\Rom\Scenario\ move over sce_bustup.bin and sce_sbin_*your choice*.bin and rename the last one to sce_sbin_jpn.bin.

That's how I've done it, I expect most of the files in the first step are no different from the jap version and may be left out but since I haven't had any trouble so far I've not gone back to try without some of the files.

I would guess that you might be fine with only areatext_*.bin, gd_textres_*.bin, sce_bustup.bin and sce_sbin_*.bin.

This way everything is in english except the title screen so far (and voices of course
tongue.gif
). Good luck.

Kerian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GreenBanana said:
Kerian said:
sinbatsu said:

Thank You.

Does it have to say they have "no life"? I like to think they should be applauded for their diligent, arduous work in the name of a great cause.

As for the hypothesis regarding inserting the European text instead into the Japanese version in order to restore battlevoices, which text governs the menu choices? I'd like to poke around in this as well. I'm assuming the text folder so far, and that we have to rename things around.

Seems really good so far. Too bad the broken, unfinished desyncing version is being distributed. Save data appears incompatible though.

Dude, I haven't been serious. We all appriciate the hard work of all the people who contributed to the undubing process! Guess sarcasm doen'st work on the itnerent, so I will edit my post again XD

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
The whole Magedom event seems to be fine, as far as I can tell. Shame about that save incompatibility, though. Now I'm curious about the battle chatter voices. Which audio voices are in the J version that aren't in the E version?

AshenPhoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A quick check on my E version save shows that they are complete mutes in battles.

Also, additional info, the Jap version with english text is only 249MB in size, in case someone had trouble with the large size of the Eu version with Jap sound.

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
@AshenPhoenix

i really appreciate your help, this is very important to me, but, you have sure this is working without problems of dsync with 40 hours of gameplay? anyway, thank you so much!

Matsu One

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm just asking out of curiosity, but has anyone actually found a way to put silences instead of repeating the voices over again to compensate for the desync? I don't know anything about the pointers and how the voice overs work, but I was wondering-- In some of the voice over scenes, sometimes the character doesn't speak at all, such as with the scene at Naineneis when you first leave after finishing the mission and Neira and Liu have a conversation about the chronicles. There's one point where he basically says nothing, as in "..." and then Neira speaks again. Would that "..." be found in the pointers table for the voice-overs? Because if it was, couldn't you just insert that specific 'silent' pointer to help with the desync?

I was just pondering, since some people seem to want a silence instead of repeating the voices.

Did that make sense at all?

Even if it didn't, I just wanted to throw it out there and see if anyone wanted to meddle with that thought. (: I'm actually happy with everything as long as it doesn't desync, and now that there's a solution for the battle voices too-- I kinda wanna give that a try!

Ganduro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a ton for this info on undubbing, and especially the pointer table and font. I know enough Japanese to semi-reliably translate crap, so I do understand what they're saying, but I'm much faster and more confident in my English, so I prefer the game be in that. The desync was driving me absolutely batty, I can't thank you enough for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself