Suikoden Tierkreis could have been better

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by ShinRyouma, Mar 21, 2009.

Mar 21, 2009
  1. ShinRyouma
    OP

Member ShinRyouma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    I love Suikoden series and I love DS, but to play suikoden tierkries in the current graphic quality isn't satisfying. Previous suikoden in PS and PS2 have better graphic and magic effects. Konami should have made a PS2 version, character graphic would be smooth, magic effect would be stunning, and coop attack effects would be awesome, and definitely better movies quality. The positive thing about DS is I can play anytime, anywhere. But to play Suikoden I would rather sit in front of wide tv, a controller in my hands, and the most important thing is my heart content because suikoden live up to my expectations. As I said in the title Suikoden could have been better [​IMG]

2. Hisiru

Member Hisiru GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    if you love the Suikoden series and the DS, try to focus in the story and fun... and not in the graphic or effects, because any game can have graphics, but not everyone can involve you. And if you are focusing on unnecessary details, you will not enjoy the game.

3. wheatshelf

Newcomer wheatshelf Newbie

United States
    I agree with Hisiru. The game has a lot to offer and you shouldn't let the graphics bum you out. I actually think it's a beautiful game. My main gripe is, so far, the dungeon designs are very weaq. But I'm hoping they become more interesting.

4. Porkdish

Member Porkdish GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    The 2D Art is stunning. Beautiful locations. The chibi 3d is dull and offensive.

5. Hisiru

Brazil
    I also think the design of Dungeons are very good, besides the dynamic battles. The game was well done in my opinion. I really love those 2D graphics, mixed with 3D. The effects would be pretty good, but, is not something that makes the game "shine" for me.

6. cruddybuddy

Banned cruddybuddy Group: Banned!

United States
    True, and your post could have been better. Super Smash Bros. Brawl could have been better (just one more level). Tell me what has ever existed that couldn't have been better?

7. dgwillia

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    Personally, this game is no fun to me, i was looking forward to it so much and it just feels so boring......Im having way more fun with Pokemon Platinum/Valkyrie Profile (Man that game is amazing >_>).
    It just feels so generic, and the graphics werent as good as i thought they were going to be. Also the voice cast is horrible (Seriously, the main character sounds like a chipmunk on crack mixed with a spaz-oid)

8. ShinRyouma
    OP

Member ShinRyouma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    Hisiru, wheatshelf, have you ever played Suikoden 1 & 2? Suikoden 1 & 2 are the BEST suikoden ever, Suikoden Tierkries is a degradation. I read that Tierkries doesn't have duel battle and map battle, duel battle and map battle are the soul of suikoden (beside 108 stars characters). Hisiru & wheatshelf : open your eyes and be objective! If you don't understand what I mean, try playing Suikoden 1 & 2 (PS), see if I'm right. I play Tierkreis because I love Suikoden, but if I find another interesting game I'll stop playing Tierkries. I'm not gonna spend hours for this degradation game. I hope Konami know what suikoden fans want for the next suikoden.

9. Ashsurazenucu

Newcomer Ashsurazenucu Member

Canada
    Really? I always thought the soul of Suikoden was about an unlikely person being able to inspire the hearts of many to fight against a seemingly impossible enemy.
    Seriously, if you don't like it at all, don't play it and go back to Suikoden I and II. Problem solved.

10. Hisiru

Brazil
    i already play another Suikoden game, i have a ps2. Suikoden tierkreis is like Valkyrie Profile (the ds version): If you stay thinking about how the Valkyrie Profile PSX was great because you walk and other things, you will compare the two games, and will not enjoy the game. That is "objective" for me.

Suikoden Tierkreis is a new game, and not the Suikoden 1 or Suikoden 2. Is a great game in my opinion, with beautful scenarios and other things... if you want to play a game like Suikoden 1, will not happen. Try to play a new game, because only Suikoden 1 and 2 are like Suikoden 1 and 2.

is the same for Valkyrie profile, is pretty different of the psx version in the story, gameplay, effects and other things, but is a new game, and not the Valkyrie profile psx... so... i will enjoy like a new game (by the seen a lot of people is doing this).

I am not a fan of Suikoden Tierkreis to understand you, but i beat the other Suikodens, and i know about Suikoden [​IMG] (i only don't like the Suikoden tactics for ps2)

this is just my opinion ^^, i am with eyes open, and i think... if you expect the same game (and not a new game), you will close your eyes for the Tierkreis since the begin. Sorry, but we can't expect a ps2 game, we have a DS, but we can expect a new and great game.... without some effects or graphics or other things, but with a good story, characters, etc. I really liked the movies in the Tierkreis, i am not thinking in the other versions, and because of this, i am enjoying the game.

and sorry for the bad english, i only speak portuguese and german....

11. JDandy

Member JDandy GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Ah yes, I think I analyzed your problem right there; there core of it is that you want a game which is clearly not suikoden 2 to be... suikoden 2.
    My solution is for you to go play some more suikoden 2.

12. crook

Member crook GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    the only question is if the game could have been better on the ds and not could it have been better on another system.

13. Hisiru

Brazil
    well, the answer is "yes", but only because of the cartridge. The Suikoden Tierkreis already use 256MB, unfortunately the DS have a limitation.

14. Exbaddude

Member Exbaddude The Prince.

Canada
    The backgrounds are amazingly stunning, but the 3D models look like Rune Factory People.

15. Chiba

Newcomer Chiba Member

United States
    Sounds like a prescription for win ^^.

Anywho yeah i have moderate expectations for the game, i have suikoden 1 through 3 but have only played 1 (im a game collector *shrugs*). As long as its a solid RPG though ill give it the credit it deserves, even if it doesnt live up to the series.

16. akuchan

Member akuchan GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I reckon this game would recieve much more praise if it wasn't called suikoden.. i've played the older ones but never had time to finish it, but enjoying this one so far =)
    In terms of DS rpgs.. this is one of the top ones no doubt

17. Magus

Member Magus GBATEMP RPG MANIAC

on the contrary i think it would receive no praise at all if it wasn't called suikoden... the story ricochet between annoying and interessing bits,music is almost unnoticeable,as someone said the 2D background aren't bad but the 3D models are horrible (a fact that the game seems to recognize since you never seen them close with the exception of end battle) and the game submerge you into a ton of pointless easy random battle... recruiting stars got also dumbed down

18. qwsed

Member qwsed GBAtemp Regular

Anguilla
    IMO this game is great ^^ Its fun and engaging. Even tho the main character is on speed. [​IMG] The game is missing some parts ofcourse but thats because of the DS limitations in cart size. This game is one of the few going to 256 mb.

A double cartsize would have gotten all the things we miss like (army battles, one vs one, unique weapons to each character.)

Either way who said the graphics where bad? :/ Its the most nice looking game on the DS ive come across. Please show me a another game with better graphics on the enviorment (The characters HAD to be limited because youre working with 108 main character and ... hmm about 2-3 times that in the world alone (BUT that doesnt make these characters bad).

19. crook

Member crook GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    the trading system could have been better and changing weapons is a pain in the ass

20. deathking

Member deathking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i like it for the music and the way it kept a similar engine to the classic 1 and 2

i am playing 1 2 3 now then going to start on this one