Not open for further replies.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have many problems with this.
The first one is: How someone can take it's own life due Internet bullying?
Is that a thing now?

I've heard of people being bullied in real life (I was bullied at school as a kid) and yet I was taught to defend myself because nobody did it for me, even teachers bullied me for as long as highschool graduation.

I really don't understand how a person can decide to end it's life thanks to the Internet. I'm honestly scratching my head how something like this can happen.

Second problem: How hard was to stay away of such sites?

(... they they they ...)Near had multi personalities disorder? He was Legion from shin megami tensei? We'll never know.

Rest in peace for the guy if he's really dead, he may now face celestial judgement, i never used his emulators since i used others (zsnes, snes9x), but nice job nonetheless.

Sad how internet addiction can lead so many mentally ill people astray.

this is sad, but someone who takes his own life due to online harassment clearly has other issues too.... Suicide is multifactorial, saying someone committed suicide because of one single thing is also not right

I'm sorry but this sounds like Byuu is trying to blackmail that Kiwifarms website into closing because he doesn't like being made fun of. This is just disgusting cancel culture at it's worst. It's very insulting that this Byuu person is using his suicide to manhandle someone and his buddies seem in on it.

I remember when CEMU emulator first started gaining traction and there were lots of people upset about CEMU making tons of money from Patreon due to it's latest build being patreon-only. Byuu was one of those people who talked shit saying CEMU was setting some new standard for all future console emulators to require being paid-only (which wasn't even valid because Cemu's previous builds were free!). This person has a history of being overly dramatic.

I'm thinking some lawyers are about to get involved. Otherwise, is typical internet drama nonsense. Do not get involved with those people no matter how you feel about Byuu's work. They're bullys and they're bad news. This is just bullies slapfighting other bullies.

Or, people could just not cause any more division than there already is. Time to stop with the labels, 1,001 genders, special flags, etc. etc. etc. How about just being a human? I know this will upset some people but... shrug. If the suicide is true, it's a very horrible and sad thing. However, I don't feel there was even reason for your post. No one here was disrespectfully calling them he, she, or anything else.

I agree. That political correctness should be prohibited in this thread, by trying to force your views even if others don't agree. Enforcing that is only going to one-side and shut others mouth even if they don't want to play the "be friendly" towards rainbow politics.

my condolences to them and their family, no matter the situation suicide is always a tragic thing

I am on the same line of thinking but I don't believe it to be as malicious, I think they were someone with a lot of problems. They had emailed the owner of that forum trying to extort him to remove their thread (which hadn't been posted in or bumped in for a few months, and it was fairly tame by that side of the internets standards.) You can read their email back and forth here (I've avoided linking to the forum out of respect to the people involved.) I have no connections with the individual or Kiwifarms I'm just someone looking from the outside in. Whatever you may think of Kiwifarms I don't believe this is a case where they are at fault, more so that someone who had a lot of problems sadly never managed to get the help they needed

How did Kiwifarms kill him? what was he been accuse off ?

Yes and I understand.
And I hope I don't touch any sensitive fibers with the following:

But if I'm personally being bullied on the internet to the point that someone makes it personal... I would've stepped outside the Internet, seek help and maybe lift a demand/taken legal actions.
Like, just recently Mexico's government approved a law against Cyber Bullying. It's literally illegal and a crime ro Bully someone on the Internet because we've had the same scenario before.
Yet it's intriguing for me to believe that such laws doesn't exist outside my country.

ok but nobody is forced to share their personal details online though ,that is a personal choice
if you don't want to be caught up in e-drama stay as anonymous as possible
do not post your photos or personal deatails of your life,
if you are a software you could keep things strictly business
you don't have to respond to and react to people either
and you should not be using social media and if you do you should not be leaving clues or trails where people can connect your different accounts

JonhathonBaxster said:
The life style that some LGBTQ+ people choose to live is a big reason why they suffer from mental illness. Participating in behaviors that always end up hurting you is not a smart way to live your life. The Deadly Sins are called deadly for a reason. If they would stop behaving in such manner they'd find that their mental illness and problems would lesson if not almost completely go away. I don't mean to Preach, but it's sad that people end up committing suicide and I'm just trying to share what I know that works in an attempt to help others who may be contemplating suicide.

Tech censorship is the modern equivalent of book burning. This suicide is tragic, but don't be like those politicians that uses tragedy to push their political agenda.

Rest in peace (..) But why? just why?
We're all living a sh*itty life and trying to make things somewhat better. There are worse places where you're working 16 hrs a day for less than 100$ monthly. There are people fighting painful diseases,...

The "I'm genuinely a psychopath" starter pack
What a disgusting thread

Lock this shit.

Last edited by Darth Meteos,

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
RIP Near. This story is just horrifying. Nobody should be in such a situation.

Btw: Kiwifarms seems to be under ddos attacks right now. Respect to the people that are responsible for this.

Reactions: otakuloser

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm trying to say that seeing this news and replying with "This is sad, but-"
No. You're done. You already said what you came to say. Reading the rest is just punishing myself for living this long to make it here.

If you've read the other comments you'd realize the bulk of it isn't about Near.

Henx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is devastating. I feel disgusted that there are people out there, with so much hate and willingness to pursuit their hatred in order to harm others. What kind of sick people gets satisfied with bringing prejudice to others? to the point of killing them inside. Those are seriously psychopaths!!!

I didn't know Near, but NOTHING justifies vilifying a person for being themselves. They were simply a genius, and contributed a lot to the retro community. With much love. I wish I had talked with them to thank for their hard work and dedicated love :(
I believe in free speech, but I also believe in freedom, and the right to be respected. These must be all in agreement. It stops being 'free speech', the moment that affects innocent people.

In my opinion, the owner of the Kiwifarms website had the opportunity to stop a suicide (according to the emails). The fact that he was even offered a lot of money to do it, it is just to show how serious Near was about his condition. He did nothing to prevent it! He chose instead to keep the hatred, and support to his minions. That's sick. No amount of money, or reputation is worth killing a life. The moment you have the opportunity to prevent a death of an innocent life, you take it without thinking.

Instead of helping one another, we create wars, hate, and everything else in between. To all the people who do good in their lives, I honestly love you.

Near, I know I will be incredibly grateful, every time I use your software. I hope you find peace, even though you didn't deserve any of this.
If any developer is reading this, please write an easter egg on their software dedicated to Near. Thanks!

Reactions: otakuloser

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico

What a disgusting thread

Lock this shit.

So I am psychopath for saying he clearly had other issues?? what? you definitely dont know what a psychopath is, please dont use words you dont understand.

No sane, healthy person would commit suicide over online harassment, and after having now more background, reading the emails he exchanged with the owner of that site, and reading the supposed thread that made him commit suicide -which btw hadnt been commented in months, and was mostly about stupid online drama- its more than clear he had several issues that he had been carrying for a long time. Suicide is multifactorial, pointing a finger and saying X or Y is guilty its easy, but thats not how suicide works

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope no one lights a match next to this post because that’s a lot of gaslighting
saying people should be cautious is not gaslighting
I never post my photos online, I never use my real name, I do not use facebook
I do not post an personal information
I usually try to stay as anonymous as possible and I do not make it easy to be tracked across different sites that I use

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I am psychopath for saying he clearly had other issues?? what? you definitely dont know what a psychopath is, please dont use words you dont understand.

No sane, healthy person would commit suicide over online harassment, and after having now more background, reading the emails he exchanged with the owner of that site, and reading the supposed thread that made him commit suicide -which btw hadnt been commented in months, and was mostly about stupid online drama- its more than clear he had several issues that he had been carrying for a long time. Suicide is multifactorial, pointing a finger and saying X or Y is guilty its easy, but thats not how suicide works

No one would commit suicide over anything if they were mentally healthy. Harassing is the opposite of helping.
If someone is sick and you exploit that sickness and the person die because of it you are responsible for it.

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
No one would commit suicide over anything if they were mentally healthy. Harassing is the opposite of helping.
If someone is sick and you exploit that sickness and the person die because of it you are responsible for it.

Yes, and being called a psychopath for stating the obvious is not nice.

About your second sentence, I would generally agree but I dont think it applies in this case, as far as we can tell, he was not being harassed atm, he was mortified over the existence of that stupid thread and wanted it to be deleted, furthermore I think in Japan (where he was living and appears to have committed the suicide) there is no such thing of what you mentioned

Reactions: Pluupy

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just in case this thread gets locked, I'm spamming this again. Kiwifarms is on the brink of collapse with a little campaigning with the right people, like CLOUDFLARE etc. Still associated with kiwifarms. https://builtwith.com/detailed/kiwifarms.net
The owner have 1776hosting. That is Hosting Kiwifarms. Cloudflare is just the DDoS protector.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a disgusting thread

Lock this shit.

LOCK IT! Because I disagree with other peoples comments!!! Ohhhh, Poor baby. Sorry I don't buy into the "I'm special and deserve more attention than everyone else because I'm non-binary" or whatever other label you or anyone else wants to slap on someone, or on themself. Doesn't make me a psychopath or disgusting in the slightest, but you quoting all those posts that obviously triggered you is kinda both of those things.

I really hope no one lights a match next to this post because that’s a lot of gaslighting

After reading the post you were referring to, I firmly believe that you don't really understand what gaslighting is.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
A person might have taken their life for bullying.

This is my issue here this is some serious stuff and we are here making a tread when we are not even sure this has happen

What a disgusting thread

Lock this shit.

I'm there because I ask if this actually happen? this is some serious stuff here and I would like an actual source and not some Twitter person

I did some digging myself and I'm getting conflicted information here

Reactions: Thardus

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I too expressed my opinion with all respect to the deceased person. I wish him peace and mercy.

When one feels depression, they just could look at other people around certainly there are many living miserably with debts, people fighting cancer, people with special needs that would pay millions just to get back their arms/legs...

That's the message I wanted to pass especially to younger generations.

Last edited by depaul,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i will be honest here after reading the entire thing, the thread where we was harassed was dead for months and no one commented or even cared for it in ages, and out of nowhere he decides that its being harmful? i mean it was dead so by bringing it up, he was just putting more focus on a forgotten thread imo.

im guessing he was extremely depressed and just turned out like this in the end, its sad and the all confinement stuff doesnt help depressed people at all since human interaction is vastly reduced.

Reactions: Pluupy and Valwinz

LunarRXA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The mods should definitely lock this thread. It's starting to out-live its usefulness as people start trickling in from outside communities that don't have the same standards for behavior, tact and respect. Awareness is good, and to an extent, discussion is too, but the longer this thread remains open the more inviting it becomes to communities like KiwiFarms.

The truth is that doxxing and online bullying have become increasingly common as younger generations start growing up and start distributing their personal information on social media; instagram, twitter, pinterest (all things I've sworn off.) Anyone curious can do research into online bullying (eg; rise in suicide rates amongst teenage girls). I think younger generations have become a bit too cavalier with putting out their name/chosen-name, gender-identity & beliefs in the public sphere.

It's one thing when you're sharing in an isolated community, like GBATemp, for example, and another when you're sort of screeching out into the void on social media platforms like Twitter with "unprotected" tweets, posts, comments -- whatever. I don't think that people really take their online safety all that seriously. When this sort of ^ behavior goes unchecked for multiple years it can be very easy to track someone down -- whether it's consensual or not; how many online identities would have to be scrubbed to get away from a community that's got it out for you?

Some times you can't really "get away," from people that are motivated, entertained, and engaged by your suffering, frustration, angst and anxiety -- that's where they derive their satisfaction. I hope that Near and their friends & families are doing alright, but I think the narrative should focus a bit more on people protecting their personal information/identities. I apologize if this sounds like victim blaming, because that's not the intent at all, just a trend I've noticed over the past several years.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That site sounds like all of the worst parts of 4chan brought together for a common purpose. Fuck them.
Sometimes i hate that we have a free internet, some sites should just not be allowed to exist, and some people should not be allowed on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr